Groups of WIFI Bulbs

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Groups of WIFI Bulbs

spud Is it not possible to create a group of bulbs that are WIFI? I have a bunch of Tuya bulbs but they are not in the list of devices to choose from. TIA

Just an FYI, I have a bunch of Tuya outlet plugs and can see and group them in EasyTrigger. IMO, using the Loc1 and Loc2 labels on devices is key in finding them on the drop-down lists. I don't have Tuya bulbs, but as long as an HS device is created there shouldn't be any issues in seeing them in the pick-list. But of course there could be a bug.

Example:
    Click image for larger version

Name:	Capture.PNG
Views:	123
Size:	16.4 KB
ID:	1509943

Comment

TC1 Once I added the words underlined in red they showed up in the list. Before adding those words it only read Switch and they did not show up in the list. You are so right in how the device needs to be named. Thanks

Click image for larger version

Name:	pic1.png
Views:	121
Size:	20.8 KB
ID:	1510037

Comment

Yep, Easy trigger is finicky in that respect, I learned it the hard way! I really wish HST would just incorporate the features into HS4 now that Spud works with them

Comment

I've never been able to get devices to show up correctly in HS4. The plugin doesn't seem to handle Root/Feature correctly, at least for Tuya devices. I have 6x outlets Called "Fiet Plug #1" - "Fiet Plug #6". They all have a feature called "Switch 1" which is used to control the outlet. I get 6x devices listed as "HS Tuya Test Bench Fiet Plug #1" - "HS Tuya Test Bench Fiet Plug #6" which are root devices that can't be controlled. I also get 6x devices listed that are "HS Tuya Test Bench Switch 1" repeated 6 times. It looks like the root device name is missing in the list for features.

In TC1's case, it doesn't look like he's using both LOC2 and LOC1 fields. In my case I call LOC2 "Technology" and LOC1 "Location". For the example above, LOC2="HS Tuya" and LOC1="Test Bench".
          "if I have seen further [than others], it is by standing on the shoulders of giants." --Sir Isaac Newton (1675)

Comment

cowinger Just to be clear, you added "Front Porch Tuya" to the name of the feature that previously was called "Switch"? If so, that's consistent with what I'm seeing in that the root device name is not being used as a part of the feature name in the list.

Once you confirm, I'll open a ticket.
            "if I have seen further [than others], it is by standing on the shoulders of giants." --Sir Isaac Newton (1675)

Comment

Originally posted by kenm View Post
              cowinger Just to be clear, you added "Front Porch Tuya" to the name of the feature that previously was called "Switch"? If so, that's consistent with what I'm seeing in that the root device name is not being used as a part of the feature name in the list.

Once you confirm, I'll open a ticket.
              Yes, that is what I see too. The name in Blue (parent) does not show up. In fact nothing showed up in the ET device list, not even Switch, until I added those extra words in front of it. I have Location 1 as Location and Location 2 as Platform.

So what I am seeing (front porch bulb as ex.) is if you call the parent Front Porch and then the child device that shows Switch you add Front Porch (same name as parent) in front of Switch you get in ET: Tuya WIFI Front Porch Switch. See pic in #3 for the first 2 names.

So hear is what I see ET is seeing in order to get those names in it's list.

Location 1 = Front Porch (which is also Parent name)
              Location 2 or name given by you (in my case Platform) = WIFI
              Device Name (Settings) = Front Porch (same as Parent)
              Child Name (Features) = Showed as child device 'Switch'

Becomes bold line above in ET

Comment

Originally posted by kenm View Post
                I've never been able to get devices to show up correctly in HS4. The plugin doesn't seem to handle Root/Feature correctly, at least for Tuya devices. I have 6x outlets Called "Fiet Plug #1" - "Fiet Plug #6". They all have a feature called "Switch 1" which is used to control the outlet. I get 6x devices listed as "HS Tuya Test Bench Fiet Plug #1" - "HS Tuya Test Bench Fiet Plug #6" which are root devices that can't be controlled. I also get 6x devices listed that are "HS Tuya Test Bench Switch 1" repeated 6 times. It looks like the root device name is missing in the list for features.

In TC1's case, it doesn't look like he's using both LOC2 and LOC1 fields. In my case I call LOC2 "Technology" and LOC1 "Location". For the example above, LOC2="HS Tuya" and LOC1="Test Bench".
                I am using both fields, but I renamed them from HST's original intent. Loc1 = Room and Loc2 = Device-type. Since I have a small house designating Floors is a waste. Room and Device-type takes into all the quirks of the various plug-ins I use so that I can easily find the child-feature I'm looking for from the drop-down pick-lists and not confuse them with other similar root devices.

Comment

cowinger Got it. There's definitely a bug here somewhere. Now I need to figure out how to open a ticket with spud.

Comment

TC1 Your naming is consistent with mine. I use Technology (i.e. the plugin name) for Loc2 where you use device type. This allows me to see all the devices being managed by a given plugin. Filter Technology(loc2)=Z-Wave and then Location(loc1)=Backyard. With over 900 devices, it help me stay sane. Well, sort of.

Comment

Working...
                    X