Device List pull-down in Group Config Missing Root Device Name

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Device List pull-down in Group Config Missing Root Device Name

I've never been able to get devices to show up correctly in HS4. The plugin doesn't seem to handle Root/Feature correctly, at least for Tuya devices. I have 6x outlets Called "Fiet Plug #1" - "Fiet Plug #6". They all have a feature called "Switch 1" which is used to control the outlet. I get 6x devices listed as "HS Tuya Test Bench Fiet Plug #1" - "HS Tuya Test Bench Fiet Plug #6" which are root devices that can't be controlled. I also get 6x devices listed that are "HS Tuya Test Bench Switch 1" repeated 6 times. It looks like the root device name is missing in the list for features.

I call LOC2 "Technology" and LOC1 "Location". For the example above, LOC2="HS Tuya" and LOC1="Test Bench". The list is showing "HS Tuya Test Bench Switch 1" with "Fiet Plug #X" missing.

spud

Let me know if you need more information if if I can help troubleshoot further.

Ken
    "if I have seen further [than others], it is by standing on the shoulders of giants." --Sir Isaac Newton (1675)

I think you're describing exactly what I came here to post about.

I lay my devices out like so.

Click image for larger version

Name:	msedge_xRPnLEnuEC.png
Views:	186
Size:	25.4 KB
ID:	1511847Click image for larger version

Name:	msedge_4icWnKHIZb.png
Views:	168
Size:	27.2 KB
ID:	1511848

But then when trying to find a device in EasyTrigger, they look like the below. As you can see it's impossible to tell which brightness I'm referring to without going through them all and guessing.

Name:	msedge_mkQMaOgsjv.png
Views:	178
Size:	55.1 KB
ID:	1511849

Comment

Yes, that's exactly the problem. The workaround is to add "Lamp" to each of the feature/child devices but then device lists for other plugins will be "Lighting Living Room Lamp Lamp Brightness" Not great, but better than trial and error with EasyTrigger lists.
      "if I have seen further [than others], it is by standing on the shoulders of giants." --Sir Isaac Newton (1675)

Comment

The plugin was designed for HS3, so it shows all features names as "<location2> <location1> <feature name>". I see how it can cause some confusion when used in HS4, I still plan to do a HS4 version of the EasyTrigger plugin but I still need a little time, so in the meantime I will implement an option in the HS3 version to display names as "<location2> <location1> <parent device name> <feature name>"

Comment

Thank You spud. I suspected that might have been the case.

Comment

I have just released version beta 3.0.0.75, in which a "Device name format" setting has been added to the Config page.
            This setting is automatically set to the correct style depending on if you are running the plugin in HS4 or HS3

Name:	devicenameformat.JPG
Views:	164
Size:	11.8 KB
ID:	1513620

Comment

Originally posted by spud View Post
              I have just released version beta 3.0.0.75, in which a "Device name format" setting has been added to the Config page.
              This setting is automatically set to the correct style depending on if you are running the plugin in HS4 or HS3

Click image for larger version  Name:	devicenameformat.JPG Views:	15 Size:	11.8 KB ID:	1513620
              Thank you Spud... You are forever the man! I'm currently in the process of moving a large part of my Hue lights over from JowiHue to the HS4 PhilipsHue plugin (more than 500 color bulbs on 10 Hue hubs) and reworking a lot of my events using Easy Trigger. So this will save me TONS of time not having to rename each light feature.

This project will take a large load off the JowiHue plugin and should speed the whole system up. I've already seen a marked improvement. So far your new HS4 Philips plugin is handling the load of 5 converted Hue hubs without issue.

One example of what I'm doing is a work around for the Phillips Dimmer Remote limitation of only controlling bulbs and/or groups that are joined to the same Hue hub as the dimmer remote itself. By using the Easy Trigger "Set Device To Expression" action I can "Dim Down" or "Dim Up" as many groups of lights as I want by applying one of the following expressions to each group:

Dim Down:
              Code:
              if ($DEVICEVALUE>20, $DEVICEVALUE-20,0)
              Dim Up:
              Code:
              if ($DEVICEVALUE<80, $DEVICEVALUE+20,100)
              The above expressions will either dim up or dim down the chosen groups of lights by 20% in unison with each tap of the dim buttons, and the expression has a built in catch that won't set the lights below 0 or above 100. Works like a charm!

--Barry

Comment

Thank you again Spud. This is exactly what we needed in HS4.

Comment

Tuya plug-in will download *( HS4) but will not control my devices. The log is full of issues. First Error while reading Log "Data/Tuya/LocalApiProducts.json: Could not find a part of the path. I deleted Tuya. Reinstalled NOPE. missing file. Anyone have a issue with corrupted Tuya plugin?

Comment

Working...
                  X