Trigger-was and becomes

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Trigger-was and becomes

I am trying to use the trigger, "this devices value was and becomes" and I am trying to do a single value, the was is "-1" and the becomes is "0" but it does not seem to actually trigger on the event. I did try it with a different value that was not a negative number on another device to see if it was the negative being the issue but that other event did not work either. The device in question is a status only device.

If you post a screen shot of the event the nature of the problem may be easier to determine. I gather that you have not assigned status labels to the relevant device values.
    Mike____________________________________________________________ __________________
    HS3 Pro Edition 3.0.0.548, NUC i3

HW: Stargate | NX8e | CAV6.6 | Squeezebox | PCS | WGL 800RF | RFXCOM | Vantage Pro | Green-Eye | Edgeport/8 | Way2Call | Ecobee3 | EtherRain | Ubiquiti

Comment

Here is the event . Click image for larger version

Name:	event.png
Views:	226
Size:	175.7 KB
ID:	1512030
      Here is the device, I do have the status values there but they do not display in the drop down as value options for ET.
      Click image for larger version

Name:	device.png
Views:	224
Size:	348.1 KB
ID:	1512032
      Attached Files

Comment

I see no Status Text or Controls. Even for a Status Only device you have to have Status Text and just use the Status button to denote not to put up any controls on the interface. Rather sure that's your problem.

Add a Status Text pair for -1 and 0 and EasyTrigger should work fine. ET uses Status Text to determine changes.

Comment

Originally posted by George View Post
          Add a Status Text pair for -1 and 0 and EasyTrigger should work fine. ET uses Status Text to determine changes.
          I agree.
          You can add the status text labels in the space above where you added the graphics labels.
          ('NEW SINGLE VALUE' and 'NEW RANGE VALUE' buttons)
          Mike____________________________________________________________ __________________

HW: Stargate | NX8e | CAV6.6 | Squeezebox | PCS | WGL 800RF | RFXCOM | Vantage Pro | Green-Eye | Edgeport/8 | Way2Call | Ecobee3 | EtherRain | Ubiquiti

Comment

Originally posted by Uncle Michael View Post
            I agree.
            You can add the status text labels in the space above where you added the graphics labels.
            ('NEW SINGLE VALUE' and 'NEW RANGE VALUE' buttons)
            In the Edit controls section?

Comment

Yes

Comment

Originally posted by George View Post
                I see no Status Text or Controls. Even for a Status Only device you have to have Status Text and just use the Status button to denote not to put up any controls on the interface. Rather sure that's your problem.

I don't think that's the problem. EasyTrigger rely on values and not on status text to determine changes.

Dweber85rc, try to set the log level to Debug in EasyTrigger config page, and check in the logs if the plugin is seeing the device value changing.

Comment

Yes I see the device value changing
                  DEBUG Device 1014 value changed from 0 to -1
                  12/5/2021 5:34:42 PM
                  HomeSeer

12/5/2021 5:33:06 PM
                  Legacy-Plugin
                  EasyTrigger
                  DEBUG Device 1014 value changed from -1 to 0

Comment

spud ?

Comment

I've just tested this with a virtual device and an event configured exactly like in your screenshots, and it works for me.
                      Are you sure the device you select in the trigger is id=1014? you may have several devices named the same, you can use the version beta 3.0.0.75, so that ET uses HS4 styles names for devices.

Also in your screenshot, your event shows that it is disabled......

Comment

Yes I am aware the event is disabled. It wasn't working and I didn't want it randomly working so I disabled it. The device in question, 1014, is the correct device Id. I am working on trying this with a different device just to verify that the logic is correct and working.

Comment

spud I tried this with some different devices and am getting the same result. The event never runs. I do not know what event 194 is. The triggering virtual device # is 1022, I have a separate event that is setting the status manually, either to 0 or 100.
                          12/19/2021 2:16:05 PM

Legacy-Plugin
                          EasyTrigger
                          DEBUG Firing event 194

Legacy-Plugin
                          EasyTrigger
                          DEBUG Device 1022 value changed from 0 to 100

Legacy-Plugin
                          EasyTrigger
                          DEBUG SetDeviceValue: Cannot find control value 100 for device 1022, will set device value instead of controlling it using CAPI

Legacy-Plugin
                          EasyTrigger
                          DEBUG Expression $100 evaluated to 100

HomeSeer
                          Event
                          Event Trigger "Vehicle Patriot Home Status - Home"

HomeSeer
                          Event
                          Event Vehicle Patriot Home Status - Home triggered by the events page 'Run' button

This is also on the Beta 3.0.0.75.

Comment

Not sure why but it started working correctly tonight. The only thing I did was my homeseer machine got rebooted last night.

Comment

Working...
                            X