Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Is "Device Has NOT Been In Range/Changed For At Least" Not HS4 Friendly?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Is "Device Has NOT Been In Range/Changed For At Least" Not HS4 Friendly?

Spud,

Tonight I was creating some simple events to control lighting when I discovered that the Easy Trigger conditions "This device's value has NOT been in range [X,Y] for at least" and "This device's value has NOT changed for at least" were not letting events run even though the conditions were true. I confirmed all conditions were true by eyeballing the condition devices. So I began backing conditions out of the events and confirmed it was the ET conditions that were stopping the events from running.

Below is a picture of one of the events:

Click image for larger version

Name:	ET-Pic.png
Views:	193
Size:	144.6 KB
ID:	1514821

I know the Trigger "For At Least" was deprecated from HS4, but I thought it was still ok to use as a condition. i'm pretty sure I have some HS3 legacy events with these ET conditions and those events are still working fine (AFAIK).

Would you mind taking a look at this? Not sure at this point if it's a feature or a bug.

Thanks,

--Barry

Have you waited for at least 30 minutes after you created the event to test it?
    All the "for at least X minutes" condition in EasyTrigger are based on the plugin actually monitoring device values, so all those conditions are always false on the first X minutes after the plugin starts or after you modify any event.
    But those conditions are definitely still supported in HS4.

Comment

Originally posted by spud View Post
      Have you waited for at least 30 minutes after you created the event to test it?
      All the "for at least X minutes" condition in EasyTrigger are based on the plugin actually monitoring device values, so all those conditions are always false on the first X minutes after the plugin starts or after you modify any event.
      But those conditions are definitely still supported in HS4.
      Hmm, you know that could have been the problem. I never realized that. I just assumed the plugin did the math on the last status change time recorded by HS4. I didn't realize the plugin kept its own timesheet, so to speak. I'll test again and see if that was the problem.

--Barry

Comment

Is there a workaround for this?

Name:	event 2.jpg
Views:	141
Size:	34.1 KB
ID:	1516174

Comment

Originally posted by Larrynau@Cox.net View Post
          Is there a workaround for this?

Name:	event 2.jpg
Views:	141
Size:	34.1 KB
ID:	1516174
          This is a native trigger, so it's not related to the EasyTrigger plugin.
          The workaround is to use a recurring trigger + a "has been for at least" condition

Comment

Thanks for the info

Comment

Working...
            X