Does this trigger do what I think/hope?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Does this trigger do what I think/hope?

I am looking to auto-unlock a door and am running into an issue where my event won't trigger.

Click image for larger version

Name:	Screen Shot 2022-01-11 at 12.53.33 PM.jpg
Views:	181
Size:	17.2 KB
ID:	1520041

use these constants;
    Scott Home =100=Home
    Scott Home =0=Away

What I think/need it to do is be TRUE if Scott Home is home/100 for no more than 5 minutes.

I am trying to trigger only if I am HOME/100 but not home for longer than 5 minutes.

I have tried all sorts of iterations but I am stumped and it is not working,
    I posted all of the details in https://forums.homeseer.com/forum/ho...r-unlock-logic
    but I am thinking I am completely off-base on my thinking of how EasyTrigger triggers

thanks,

Scott

Those are AND IF's. Where is your originating IF statement? The event will only trigger on an IF statement being true, then it evaluates the AND IF's.

Comment

Originally posted by George View Post
      Those are AND IF's. Where is your originating IF statement? The event will only trigger on an IF statement being true, then it evaluates the AND IF's.
      The IF works fine and is not the issue, my question was specific to the EasyTrigger portion.

Comment

Originally posted by sbessel View Post
        I am looking to auto-unlock a door and am running into an issue where my event won't trigger.

Your event doesn't trigger because these two conditions can never be true at the same time. One condition specifies the device value is 100, the other condition specifies the device value is NOT 100. How can that possibly ever be true?

Try using the Easy Trigger condition "This device's value has changed in the last 5 minutes" instead of the "has not been in range" condition.

Comment

Originally posted by sbessel View Post

use these constants;
          Scott Home =100=Home
          Scott Home =0=Away

What I think/need it to do is be TRUE if Scott Home is home/100 for no more than 5 minutes.

I am trying to trigger only if I am HOME/100 but not home for longer than 5 minutes.

I have tried all sorts of iterations but I am stumped and it is not working,
          I posted all of the details in https://forums.homeseer.com/forum/ho...r-unlock-logic
          but I am thinking I am completely off-base on my thinking of how EasyTrigger triggers

thanks,

Scott
          That condition will only be true if your virtual device has been at some value other than 100 for 5 minutes or longer. There may be other solutions, but I would start a timer when you get home with one event when your virtual device changes to Home. Then use the timer as a condition in your second event. This event starts my timer:

Name:	926FA758-6CA6-401B-8184-D3AA50FCF9D7.jpeg
Views:	170
Size:	30.3 KB
ID:	1520062

Starting a timer always sets it to 0 and starts it running.

Here is an example of the event to control the lock:

Name:	BFD9EBC5-1FCB-43CA-841B-F072223B3B35.jpeg
Views:	145
Size:	36.4 KB
ID:	1520063

HS4 Pro, 4.2.19.0 Windows 10 pro, Supermicro LP Xeon

Comment

Originally posted by teladog01 View Post

Your event doesn't trigger because these two conditions can never be true at the same time. One condition specifies the device value is 100, the other condition specifies the device value is NOT 100. How can that possibly ever be true?

Try using the Easy Trigger condition "This device's value has changed in the last 5 minutes" instead of the "has not been in range" condition.
            What I was assuming is that the first statement was true based on being home/100 for less than 5 minutes, if longer it would be false, is this an incorrect assumption?
            Which is why I asked here hoping spud could help

I did take your suggestion and will test this later today:

Name:	Screen Shot 2022-01-11 at 2.57.03 PM.jpg
Views:	156
Size:	14.8 KB
ID:	1520068
            I am not sure if this will have the same desired effect, but I am hopeful.

thanks,

Scott

Comment

Not knowing what your trigger is, this suggestion is a bit speculative, but have you considered the EasyTrigger Trigger "device was and becomes"?
              That is, use the trigger: If Automation Virtual Scott Home Was Away and Becomes Home
              Mike____________________________________________________________ __________________
              HS3 Pro Edition 3.0.0.548, NUC i3

HW: Stargate | NX8e | CAV6.6 | Squeezebox | PCS | WGL 800RF | RFXCOM | Vantage Pro | Green-Eye | Edgeport/8 | Way2Call | Ecobee3 | EtherRain | Ubiquiti

Comment

Originally posted by Uncle Michael View Post
                Not knowing what your trigger is, this suggestion is a bit speculative, but have you considered the EasyTrigger Trigger "device was and becomes"?
                That is, use the trigger: If Automation Virtual Scott Home Was Away and Becomes Home
                Of course the OP could use this trigger if they wanted, but the trigger is irrelevant. My understanding is that the crux of the question is how to trigger when home, but only when home for less than five minutes.

Comment

Originally posted by teladog01 View Post

Of course the OP could use this trigger if they wanted, but the trigger is irrelevant. My understanding is that the crux of the question is how to trigger when home, but only when home for less than five minutes.
                  Correct and the Easy Trigger solution he just implemented will do that well.

HS4 Pro, 4.2.19.0 Windows 10 pro, Supermicro LP Xeon

Comment

I appreciate the feedback and I do have a working solution, but my real question was to spud as to the exact nature of this trigger.
                    It can be interpreted a couple of ways;
                    normal reading, right to left;
                    Is Scott not home and not home for for at least 5 minutes
                    programmer logic;
                    Is (Scott home for at least 5 minutes) NOT

The programmer method was what my brain is used to and what I assumed, but it appears not to work that way.
                    Because I am used to statements in parens that are tested and the NOT operator before negates the statement.

The first method makes no sense to me.

I am still hoping spud can come in with the real answer.

Comment

The condition "has not been in range [X, Y] for at least 5 minutes" is true when the device's value has been either lower than X or greater than Y for at least 5 minutes

so I guess it's your first interpretation

Comment

Working...
                      X