Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Adding new devices to EasyTrigger Group Events Not Working

Hello spud

I have events that track groups of lights to see if any light in a room turns On/Off, the event will turn On/Off a virtual device "Room Light Status". However I have noticed twice now that when I add a new HS Light Switch to Homeseer and then add it to the RoomGroup that the Off event does not trigger when a light is turned OFF. It works if it's turned ON however.

Any Light in Room Group turns OFF
    Click image for larger version  Name:	Group Off Event.png Views:	0 Size:	22.6 KB ID:	1523448

Any Light in Room Group turns ON
    Click image for larger version  Name:	Group On Event.png Views:	0 Size:	19.2 KB ID:	1523449

Group of Lights that I've just added a new light Dimmer to. (The status of the Light in question does change state from OFF/ON)
    Click image for larger version  Name:	Group of Lights.png Views:	0 Size:	30.3 KB ID:	1523450
    HS4 4.2.6.0 &HSTouch Designer 3.0.80
    Plugin's:
    BLBackup, BLOccupied, BLShutdown, EasyTrigger, Ecobee, Nest, AK Bond
    EnvisaLink DSC, PHLocation, Pushover, SONOS, Blue Iris, UltraRachio3,
    weatherXML, Jon00 Alexa Helper, Network Monitor, MyQ, Z-Wave

spud

I added the second trigger to the OFF event that will evaluate every five seconds if any light in the room is set to value of 0 to turn off the virtual device. What is happening, if the Dimmer light is turned ON or Dimmed to any level, after five seconds the virtual device is turned OFF. I'm not sure if this is a problem with EasyTrigger or if the HS-HX300 switches aren't reporting correctly?

Click image for larger version

Name:	Group Off Revise.png
Views:	145
Size:	35.6 KB
ID:	1523459
    Plugin's:

Comment

Originally posted by The Profit View Post
      Hello spud

I have events that track groups of lights to see if any light in a room turns On/Off, the event will turn On/Off a virtual device "Room Light Status". However I have noticed twice now that when I add a new HS Light Switch to Homeseer and then add it to the RoomGroup that the Off event does not trigger when a light is turned OFF. It works if it's turned ON however.

Any Light in Room Group turns OFF
      Click image for larger version Name:	Group Off Event.png Views:	0 Size:	22.6 KB ID:	1523448

Any Light in Room Group turns ON
      Click image for larger version Name:	Group On Event.png Views:	0 Size:	19.2 KB ID:	1523449

Group of Lights that I've just added a new light Dimmer to. (The status of the Light in question does change state from OFF/ON)
      Click image for larger version Name:	Group of Lights.png Views:	0 Size:	30.3 KB ID:	1523450
      Your first Event is structured such that ALL lights in the group must be off. Your second Event will run when ANY light in the group is off.

HS4 Pro, 4.2.19.0 Windows 10 pro, Supermicro LP Xeon

Comment

Originally posted by randy View Post
        Your first Event is structured such that ALL lights in the group must be off. Your second Event will run when ANY light in the group is off.
        Good catch! That will fix the issue with the second trigger, however I'm wondering if the new HX-300 switches report differently than the HD-200 dimmers. I'm thinking that when "Any device in group DSGuestRoomLights has its value changed" triggers, the "All devices in group DSGuestRoomLights have a value equal to 0" hasn't had a chance to reach 0 yet. Where the HD-200s must not report status until it reaches its stopping point??? This issue seems to only affect this event when there is an HX-300 in the mix.
        Plugin's:

Comment

When you turn the switch off, does it immediately update on the device itself I’m HomeSeer? (Ie do you see the status change on the actual device, and in the log?

Comment

Originally posted by paul View Post
            When you turn the switch off, does it immediately update on the device itself I’m HomeSeer? (Ie do you see the status change on the actual device, and in the log?
            Yes, I can see that the device updates correctly every time. What I am noticing is that my On event seems to operate correctly, it is the Off event that doesn’t track when the device turns off.

I actually think now this might be an issue with the HX-300 itself rather than EasyTrigger. EasyTrigger has just highlighted it. Every time I add a new HX-300, the device status seems to work just fine but HS can’t see the values of the HX-300 device in order to evaluate the condition “All devices in group XXX have a value equal to 0”.

After a couple of days it seems to resolve itself but I would expect to see some more posts on this in the future.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
            Plugin's:

Comment

Working...
            X