Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Dynamic Groups in HS4 -- how to solve rule gaps in EasyTrigger?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Dynamic Groups in HS4 -- how to solve rule gaps in EasyTrigger?

With ETs lack of support for HS4's Device Categories and Feature Names ​making things challenging to do Dynamic Groups... has anyone cracked the code on solving an issue like this...

Issue: Over 40 devices need to group, prefer to have it dynamic as I'm adding multiple devices every few months.

Goal: dynamic ET Group to include ONLY the Light (feature name)?

Attached Files
    • Click image for larger version  Name:	Capture.jpg Views:	0 Size:	35.2 KB ID:	1576161

ET does not differentiate between parent device and features, so if you create a dynamic group with a rule being "Name Equals Light", it will include the 40 features that are named Light. Isn't it what you want?

Comment

Originally posted by spud View Post
      ET does not differentiate between parent device and features, so if you create a dynamic group with a rule being "Name Equals Light", it will include the 40 features that are named Light. Isn't it what you want?
      Got it, here's what's happening...
      Rules in Screenshot 1 results in no devices in the group.
      -- If I remove <Name Contains DS> it captures all Light devices, as seen in the 2nd screenshot.
      -- BUT, I want to only include the subset of lights that have DS as the parent name. I tried "DS Light" but this didnt capture any devices at all.

Being able to only capture "DS Light" will ensure it doesn't include RGBs, Xmas tree, etc. I use "DS" to identify the main lights for the house (inside and outside). As a test, note in screenshot 2 devices named "Double Switch" and "Composite" (a virtual device) are captured, when I only want "DS" but since I'm using "Light" and not "DS" I cant filter the capture further.

thoughts? thx for the help!

Click image for larger version  Name:	image.png Views:	0 Size:	51.9 KB ID:	1576201
      Attached Files

Comment

Working...
      X