Setting a group to On

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Setting a group to On

I have a variety of devices that I want to turn on as a group, Christmas lights! I was hoping to create a group and send a command to turn them all on at once. Some have 100 as ON others have 255 as ON.
    Is there a command to send 'ON' rather than a number?

Having recently got rid of all Insteon this doesn't affect me, but it's a very good feature to request.

Comment

I have asked for Spud in the past to offer a "Control By Label" option, but I don't think he ever got around to implementing anything.

However you can do this by using the JSON API and the "controldevicebylabel" request. Example:

/JSON?request=controldevicebylabel&ref=XXXX&label=ON

You can use as many devices reference numbers as desired as long as they are separated by commas.

--Barry

Comment

Originally posted by logman View Post
        I have asked for Spud in the past to offer a "Control By Label" option, but I don't think he ever got around to implementing anything.

However you can do this by using the JSON API and the "controldevicebylabel" request. Example:

/JSON?request=controldevicebylabel&ref=XXXX&label=ON

You can use as many devices reference numbers as desired as long as they are separated by commas.

--Barry
        Thanks for the reply.
        I guess that is a possibility, but feels potentially hard work as I swap devices around year to year.

Comment

I created 2 separate groups--one with devices that use 100 as on, a second for 255--and have 2 corresponding event actions. Seemed the easiest workaround for my purposes.
          -Wade

Comment

Originally posted by Wade View Post
            I created 2 separate groups--one with devices that use 100 as on, a second for 255--and have 2 corresponding event actions. Seemed the easiest workaround for my purposes.
            That's what I've done. I just wondered if there was a simpler way :-)

Comment

Originally posted by Wade View Post
              This is how I handled it.

HS4 Pro, 4.2.19.16 Windows 10 pro, Supermicro LP Xeon

Comment

Working...
              X