GLOBALVAR:ETDeviceValue vs NEWVALUE ?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

GLOBALVAR:ETDeviceValue vs NEWVALUE ?

spud ... I have many events that sync physical and virtual devices. The events (log below) are triggering multiple times within the same second, even though 'Do not run' for 3 second is set in Advanced.

What I'm seeing is if there are 2 dimmers in the Group - and one is changed, it is changing the other BUT then its immediately turning off the 'remote' (one that was not manually set). But the manually set one is unchanged.

with GLOBALVAR:ETDeviceValue vs $NewValue ... is there a functional difference in how they are set/processed in events like below?

thx

Click image for larger version

Name:	image.png
Views:	122
Size:	135.4 KB
ID:	1579483

Name:	image.png
Views:	147
Size:	125.3 KB
ID:	1579482

Originally posted by Ltek View Post
    spud ... I have many events that sync physical and virtual devices. The events (log below) are triggering multiple times within the same second, even though 'Do not run' for 3 second is set in Advanced.
    I tried to reproduce this issue with an event similar to yours but I wasn't able to. For me the "Cannot re-run for 3 seconds" option works as expected.
    What happens if instead of 3 seconds, you set it as 1 minute ?

What I'm seeing is if there are 2 dimmers in the Group - and one is changed, it is changing the other BUT then its immediately turning off the 'remote' (one that was not manually set). But the manually set one is unchanged.
    According to your logs that's another event (Stair basement steps - Off after 3 minutes) that turns off the light

with GLOBALVAR:ETDeviceValue vs $NewValue ... is there a functional difference in how they are set/processed in events like below?
    $OLDVALUE and $NEWVALUE can only be used in triggers that use expression, your trigger doesn't use any expression so those variables are not evaluated in this event
    if you meant $DEVICEVALUE in the action, it is the current value of each device in the group. It can be use for example if you want to increase separately the value of each device in the group without all devices being set to the same value.
    Set All Devices in Group to "$DEVICEVALUE + 5"
    But I don't think this is what you want here

In your action, I would try the "Send command only if expression results in a new value" option to avoid sending unnecessary command if the device is already set to the correct value.

Comment

Regarding the cannot rerun issue, it looks like you have 2 different dimmer_sync events one is "Bedroom stairs - dimmer_sync" and the other is "Basement stairs - dimmer_sync", so the logs you posted does not show any actual problem.

Comment

Originally posted by spud View Post
        Regarding the cannot rerun issue, it looks like you have 2 different dimmer_sync events one is "Bedroom stairs - dimmer_sync" and the other is "Basement stairs - dimmer_sync", so the logs you posted does not show any actual problem.
        I have several that look simular. I ran debug (attached) and see the screenshot showing the same event triggering 4 times in the same second (Bedroom Stairs Steps @ 4:19:51)-- even with 'do not rerun for 3 seconds' being set. I opened a HST support case HSCS-17170. Support blames ET but I dont think they are actually looking at it or interested in seeing if there is a bug or odd interaction.

Name:	Capture_Log_debug.jpg
Views:	92
Size:	33.6 KB
ID:	1579675

Comment

Those EVENT DEBUG messages do not mean that events are triggered, they just mean that HS4 is evaluating if some events need to be triggered.
          I still can't see any problem in your logs.

Comment

got it, its a bit confusing since it states 'ProcessEventTriggerEvalItem' makes it seem like it should indicate "this value changed which triggered an event to run". Device value change is only 1 part of the puzzle. We need better tracing/debug... specifically: Event XYZ triggered due to ABC value = 99

Comment

Working...
            X