Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Where can I download the beta version of EasyTrigger?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Where can I download the beta version of EasyTrigger?

I purchased EasyTrigger a few days ago. I did the regular download from within HomeSeer, but that version is not initializing correctly.

After searching the forums some, it is my understanding that what I really need to be installing is the latest beta version of EasyTrigger, not the "released" version. This is because I am running HS4.

This page states that I can download the beta version from a link on the Beta Testing forum page.

https://forums.homeseer.com/forum/ul...-in-user-guide

But I have not found that link.

Can someone tell me the link where I can download the beta version of EasyTrigger?

Thanks!

Date/time=1/2/2023 5:53:53 PM Eastern Standard Time
    Version=HS4 Pro Edition 4.2.16.0 (Windows)
    License=Registered
    License ID=662727
    MyHS Subscription=Basic
    MyHS Subscription Backup Interval=No Backup
    MyHS Subscription Max Cameras=1
    Confguration File=C:\Program Files (x86)\HomeSeer HS3\Data\HomeSeerData.json
    In Virtual Machine=No MFG: dell inc.
    Antivirus=Windows Defender
    OS=Microsoft Windows 10 Pro - Work Station
    OS Version=10.0.19045
    Uptime=3 Days 4 Hours 9 Minutes 29 Seconds
    User/Access=brad@wardsrus.net (Admin)
    Lan IP=192.168.1.3 (HOMESERVER)
    Client IP=192.168.1.7 (BRADLEY.wardsrus.net)
    Device Count=303
    Event Count=125
    Last Event Ran=Car Tracking Events : Acura is Home, Ran at 1/2/2023 5:49:39 PM
    # of unique event scripts=2
    Processor:=Intel64 Family 6 Model 23 Stepping 10 at 2.80 GHz
    Modules/Threads=107 Modules, 60 Threads
    Available Threads=1023
    System Load=136 Processes, 4% Load
    Free/Total Memory=1.58 GBytes / 3.97 GBytes (40% free)
    Free/Total Virtual Memory=2.10 GBytes / 4.65 GBytes (45% free)
    HomeSeer Memory Used=131 Mbytes
    Plugin Memory Used=6 EXE Plug-Ins using 245 Mbytes
    Plugins Installed=BW HomeSeer Reports 1.0.3.0,EasyTrigger 3.0.0.76,Ecobee 4.0.15.0,Harmony Hub 4.0.14.0,HSBuddy 3.30.1003.1,HS-WX200 Multi-Status 2.22.36.4,iRobot 5.22.41.1,Micro Controller Manager 1.0.3.0,Rachio 4.0.2.0,Z-Wave 4.0.3.0​

3.0.0.76 was the beta. It is now the release version, there is no beta. The beta and release versions, along with earlier HS3 versions run without issue under HS4. You’re running the newest version now. There is another reason it is failing. I would make sure your .net versions are up to date.
    HS4 Pro, 4.2.19.0 Windows 10 pro, Supermicro LP Xeon

Comment

Originally posted by randy View Post
      3.0.0.76 was the beta. It is now the release version, there is no beta. The beta and release versions, along with earlier HS3 versions run without issue under HS4. You’re running the newest version now. There is another reason it is failing. I would make sure your .net versions are up to date.
      Thanks for that info on the beta. Very good to know.

When I enable the EasyTrigger plugin on the plugins page, I get the following warning:

WARNING: Failed getting InterfaceStatus from EasyTrigger - the interface was not found in the list of active interfaces, the list may need to be refreshed.

And I get the following messages in the log file (see below)

The Windows 10 has is completely up to date as far as Windows Update goes.

As for .Net Versions, this is a standalone PC, so when I call up the Programs and Features control panel app I do not see any .Net stuff listed (like you do if you've installed SDK's on a development machine). When I click on "Turn Windows Features on or off", the only thing I see enabled related to .Net is under .NET Framework 4.8 Advanced Services | WCF Servcies | TCP Port Sharing. Should I look for some particular folder underneath C:\Windows\Microsoft.NET\Framework64 or elsewhere?

What should I do?

----------------------------------

1/2/2023 6:52:36 PM HomeSeer Plug-In Finished initializing plug-in EasyTrigger
      1/2/2023 6:52:36 PM HomeSeer Starting Plug-In EasyTrigger loaded in 15090 milliseconds
      1/2/2023 6:52:21 PM HomeSeer Error Initializing plug-in(1): EasyTrigger Instance::HSCF.Communication.ScsServices.Communication.Messa ges.ScsRemoteException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object. ---> System.NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object.
      at Scheduler.hsapplication.RegisterPage(String pageName, String PluginName, String pluginInstance)
      --- End of inner exception stack trace ---

Server stack trace:

Exception rethrown at [0]:
      at System.Runtime.Remoting.Proxies.RealProxy.HandleReturnMessag e(IMessage reqMsg, IMessage retMsg)
      at System.Runtime.Remoting.Proxies.RealProxy.PrivateInvoke(Mess ageData& msgData, Int32 type)
      at HomeSeerAPI.IHSApplication.RegisterPage(String pageName, String PluginName, String PluginInstance)
      at HSPI_EasyTrigger.EasyTriggerApp.Init() Time to load: 23 milliseconds
      1/2/2023 6:52:21 PM Legacy-Plugin EasyTrigger ERROR HSCF.Communication.ScsServices.Communication.Messages.ScsRem oteException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object. ---> System.NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object.
      at Scheduler.hsapplication.RegisterPage(String pageName, String PluginName, String pluginInstance)

Server stack trace:

at System.Runtime.Remoting.Proxies.RealProxy.HandleReturnMessag e(IMessage reqMsg, IMessage retMsg)
      at System.Runtime.Remoting.Proxies.RealProxy.PrivateInvoke(Mess ageData& msgData, Int32 type)
      at HomeSeerAPI.IHSApplication.RegisterPage(String pageName, String PluginName, String PluginInstance)
      at HSPI_EasyTrigger.EasyTriggerApp.Init()
      1/2/2023 6:52:21 PM Legacy-Plugin EasyTrigger INFO EasyTrigger version 3.0.0.76
      1/2/2023 6:52:21 PM HomeSeer Starting Plug-In Initializing plugin EasyTrigger ...
      1/2/2023 6:52:21 PM HomeSeer Info Plugin EasyTrigger has connected. IP:127.0.0.1:64611

Comment

You need to install .net 3.5 (which includes 3.0 and 2.0). I think HomeSeer requires 3.0. I don’t know why you’re not seeing it. You can probably install it.

Not sure this will fix it, but is a start.
        HS4 Pro, 4.2.19.0 Windows 10 pro, Supermicro LP Xeon

Comment

Originally posted by randy View Post
          You need to install .net 3.5 (which includes 3.0 and 2.0). I think HomeSeer requires 3.0. I don’t know why you’re not seeing it. You can probably install it.

Not sure this will fix it, but is a start.
          OK, I went to the Control Panel | Programs and Features | Turn Windows Features On and Off and selected .Net Framework 3.5, but without the optional two WCF items. After that completed, I rebooted and then verified and there are additional folders in the C:\Windows\Microsoft.NET\Framework64 folder.

But it is still not starting. I am running HS4 as a service. HS4 started during the reboot after this change, but after seeing the error, I went back to the PlugIn Manager screen and disabled then rer-enabled EasyTrigger and still got the same error.

Here is the error message from the log file this time:

1/2/2023 10:39:49 PM HomeSeer Plug-In Finished initializing plug-in EasyTrigger
          1/2/2023 10:39:49 PM HomeSeer Starting Plug-In EasyTrigger loaded in 15085 milliseconds
          1/2/2023 10:39:35 PM HomeSeer Error Initializing plug-in(1): EasyTrigger Instance::HSCF.Communication.ScsServices.Communication.Messa ges.ScsRemoteException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object. ---> System.NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object.

Server stack trace:

at HSPI_EasyTrigger.EasyTriggerApp.Init() Time to load: 32 milliseconds
          1/2/2023 10:39:35 PM Legacy-Plugin EasyTrigger ERROR HSCF.Communication.ScsServices.Communication.Messages.ScsRem oteException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object. ---> System.NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object.

Server stack trace:

at HSPI_EasyTrigger.EasyTriggerApp.Init()
          1/2/2023 10:39:35 PM Legacy-Plugin EasyTrigger INFO EasyTrigger version 3.0.0.76
          1/2/2023 10:39:35 PM HomeSeer Starting Plug-In Initializing plugin EasyTrigger ...
          1/2/2023 10:39:35 PM HomeSeer Info Plugin EasyTrigger has connected. IP:127.0.0.1:49948

Comment

I believe this error may be caused by another plugin messing up HS4.
            What others plugin are you running?
            As a test, could you disable all your plugins, restart HS4, enable EasyTrigger, and check if you still get the same error?

Comment

Originally posted by spud View Post
              I believe this error may be caused by another plugin messing up HS4.
              What others plugin are you running?
              As a test, could you disable all your plugins, restart HS4, enable EasyTrigger, and check if you still get the same error?
              That was it! I had an old plugin I had written months ago and was not using. When I disabled it, things started working.

I'm rather surprised that given how plugins are completely different console applications that use an API to talk back to the actual HS4 central service... I'm surprised that a misbehaving plugin could affect other unrelated plugins. Seems like a weakness in the plugin architecture (poor encapsulation). This plugin architecture is fairly primitive, however (spawning console applications instead of something like dynamic DLL loading, discovery via reflection, etc...).

If you have any ideas of what my old plugin might have done to corrupt things, I'd like to know. But otherwise, consider this issue resolved.

Are you the author of the EasyTrigger plugin? If so, it might be useful for you to catch whatever exception was being thrown and if nothing else, log a "Possible solution: Look for misbehaving plugins" message to the log file. As popular as EasyTrigger is, and as many plugins as there are out there, I suspect this is not the first time you've had to troubleshoot something like this.

But thanks! I appreciate it!

Comment

Working...
              X