Device group problem

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Device group problem

EDIT: I figured it out. Not sure how to delete this post.

I need some help with how device groups work. I want to trigger an event when all motion sensors in a group have been off for 3:00 minutes (and one other flag is not set). The event triggers as expected, but triggers again with in 30 seconds...which is the odd part (given the "have not changed in 3:00" condition). See event and log below:

Click image for larger version  Name:	Screenshot 2023-01-04 at 8.45.26 PM.png Views:	0 Size:	132.2 KB ID:	1584846

Click image for larger version  Name:	Screenshot 2023-01-04 at 8.44.16 PM.png Views:	0 Size:	79.6 KB ID:	1584847

Does it trigger every 30 seconds?

if on the first trigger it turns your devices off, then maybe add another condition such as 'Shower Fan is ON'
    or if not all devices are ON, group then, then IF any Device in Group is ON.

That way it will only trigger if it needs to turn anything off / perform any action.

Comment

Techn0's suggestion is a good one. Your event is triggering each time any sensor in the group has not changed for 3 minutes even though it only needs to happen when the 1st one meets the criteria.

Another option to consider is to trigger on the sensors having been in state Off/No Motion rather than simply unchanged. It's conceivable your event could fire after 3 minutes of motion in the room, which I suspect isn't what you want.

Click image for larger version  Name:	image.png Views:	0 Size:	13.7 KB ID:	1584928
      This will only fire after the last sensor in the group has been off for 3 minutes.​
      -Wade

Comment

Originally posted by Wade View Post
        Techn0's suggestion is a good one. Your event is triggering each time any sensor in the group has not changed for 3 minutes even though it only needs to happen when the 1st one meets the criteria.

Another option to consider is to trigger on the sensors having been in state Off/No Motion rather than simply unchanged. It's conceivable your event could fire after 3 minutes of motion in the room, which I suspect isn't what you want.

Click image for larger version Name:	image.png Views:	0 Size:	13.7 KB ID:	1584928
        This will only fire after the last sensor in the group has been off for 3 minutes.​
        I may have to adopt this approach myself :-)
        Thanks

Comment

Working...
        X