EasyTrigger: A Plugin is... how to use?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

EasyTrigger: A Plugin is... how to use?

The guide shows that in the Condition, we need to name the Plugin and Instance... but it does not explain where to find each? There is no drop-down so how do we know if we have the correct name and instance?

I want to monitor and start the Z-Wave plugin (it seems to not restart sometimes)... I looked at about.html and see the plugin looks like its names "Z-Wave"... but how do I find what the instance is?

thx!

Go to your logs and search for "Instance"
    You might have to expand the search range depending on when the plugin started up...
    HS4Pro on a Raspberry Pi4
    54 Z-Wave Nodes / 21 Zigbee Devices / 108 Events / 767 Devices
    Plugins: Z-Wave / Zigbee Plus / EasyTrigger / AK Weather / OMNI

HSTouch Clients: 1 Android

Comment

thx, I looked and Z-Wave plugin startup does not state an instance. Hopefully ET does not require one.. spud?

Comment

Yes it does. They all do:

Click image for larger version

Name:	image.png
Views:	127
Size:	77.4 KB
ID:	1592540
        HS4Pro on a Raspberry Pi4
        54 Z-Wave Nodes / 21 Zigbee Devices / 108 Events / 767 Devices
        Plugins: Z-Wave / Zigbee Plus / EasyTrigger / AK Weather / OMNI

HSTouch Clients: 1 Android

Comment

Nope... not all. Maybe some legacy plug-ins dont? Note the one I highlight in the screenshot is for Z-Wave Parameters -- above it is the Z-Wave Homeseer plugin, which does not have that word in it

Attached Files

Comment

In HS3 a plugin instance was something only used for multi-instance plugins. So for most of the plugins, the instance is always blank because most of plugins are single instance plugins.
            A HS4 plugin cannot be multi-instance, so for all HS4 plugins the instance is always blank. However when a HS4 plugin starts it is true that the log says "Plugin {PluginID} with instance {PluginName} has connected", but in my opinion this is wrong, what is displayed there as the instance is actually the user friendly name of the plugin. So it should say "Plugin {PluginName} with ID={PluginID} has connected"

To answer your original question, in the EasyTrigger condition, set Plugin Name = "Z-Wave" and leave the Instance field blank

Comment

Originally posted by Ltek View Post
              thx, I looked and Z-Wave plugin startup does not state an instance. Hopefully ET does not require one.. spud?
              Here is an example of a multi instance plugin. When we had DIRECTV there were 5 instances.

Click image for larger version

Name:	C5051911-608D-4784-A025-7C3814886DCD.jpg
Views:	128
Size:	17.6 KB
ID:	1592581

HS4 Pro, 4.2.19.16 Windows 10 pro, Supermicro LP Xeon

Comment

thanks for the help all!

Comment

Working...
                X