Can't get "NOT changed for at least xx:xx:xx" working

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Can't get "NOT changed for at least xx:xx:xx" working

I may reading this wrong, but I'm trying to determine if a device hasn't changed in the last X time.

Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot 2023-03-11 at 12.44.41 PM.png
Views:	253
Size:	96.3 KB
ID:	1597688

This is not sending me a message. Am I doing something wrong?

HS4 4.2.18.3
    EZT 3.0.0.76

Originally posted by andyf View Post
    I may reading this wrong, but I'm trying to determine if a device hasn't changed in the last X time.

Click image for larger version  Name:	Screenshot 2023-03-11 at 12.44.41 PM.png Views:	10 Size:	96.3 KB ID:	1597688

This is not sending me a message. Am I doing something wrong?

HS4 4.2.18.3
    EZT 3.0.0.76

The Conditional Action group will not reliably run. When the event is Triggered it sets LR OSensor + Color to red, then immediately checks to see if it hasn’t changed in 15 seconds. While you think the Wait will give the Event time to reevaluate device values, that proves to be very unreliable in practice. I contend it is a bad practice to design any Event with Conditions to look for a device value to change during the execution of an Event. Looking at the Event I’m guessing that something else may act on that device during the 20 second Wait and you only want to send the Pushover message if nothing else has acted on that device during the Wait. Is that Correct?
    HS4 Pro, 4.2.19.0 Windows 10 pro, Supermicro LP Xeon

Comment

This was actually a test program. The Color device is unused anywhere else in my system which is why I chose it.

This is the device as of now.

Click image for larger version  Name:	Screenshot 2023-03-11 at 1.39.47 PM.png Views:	0 Size:	23.7 KB ID:	1597699

If I delete the Set & Wait and run just the test for not changed it still doesn't work. It is now 1:42pm. The device was last changed @ 12:43:28.

This has to be a simple (Current Time) - (Last Changed Time) > Time Specified right?

Comment

I spent some time testing. It appears to be a bug when an Easy Trigger Condition is used in a Conditional Action, it fails, but if it is used as a primary condition it works. I tested several Easy Trigger Conditions that didn’t work and several HS native Conditions that worked.

Comment

Thanks randy, not sure I can get it in a primary condition, it's part of an error checking event. Hopefully spud can chime in. I appreciate your time.

Comment

I can reproduce the problem. It only happens for conditions where the plugin needs to monitor a device value or a group of device value, i.e the following conditions
            • This device's value has been in range [X,Y] for at least...
            • This device's value has NOT been in range [X,Y] for at least...
            • This device's value has NOT changed for at least...
            • This device's value has changed within the last...
            • Any/All device's value in this group has/have been in range [X,Y] for at least...
            • Any/All device's value in this group has/have NOT been in range [X,Y] for at least...
            • Any/All device's value in this group has/have NOT changed for at least...
            • Any/All device's value in this group has/have changed within the last...
            The fix needs to be made in HS4, so until it is fixed in HS4 please do not use those conditions in conditional actions.

Comment

Thanks spud for doing a deep dive on this and letting us know the findings.
              "if I have seen further [than others], it is by standing on the shoulders of giants." --Sir Isaac Newton (1675)

Comment

spud,

Did the Homeseer folks give any indication on a timeline regarding a fix for the conditions above?

Thanks Brian

Comment

Originally posted by CPTKIRK View Post
                  spud,

Did the Homeseer folks give any indication on a timeline regarding a fix for the conditions above?

Thanks Brian
                  The fix is done and will be in the next HS4 version, but I'm not sure when this next version will be released.

Comment

Originally posted by spud View Post
                    The fix is done and will be in the next HS4 version, but I'm not sure when this next version will be released.
                    😀👍

Comment

This is fixed in version 4.2.18.5 which has just been released.

Comment

Originally posted by spud View Post
                        This is fixed in version 4.2.18.5 which has just been released.
                        Yes, seems to be working great.

Comment

Ditto

Comment

I'm sure this is a dumb question, but where do I find the new version? I just realized that I'm still on version 3, and when I go to add or update plugins, I can't find version 4 anywhere.

Comment

Originally posted by baudi View Post
                              I'm sure this is a dumb question, but where do I find the new version? I just realized that I'm still on version 3, and when I go to add or update plugins, I can't find version 4 anywhere.
                              version 4.2.18.5 is the version of HS4 not EasyTrigger
                              Latest EasyTrigger version is 3.0.0.76

Comment

Working...
                              X