This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by spud View Post
    in version 3.0.0.4 (attached to first post of this thread) I have added an action to set a device value to any replacement variable: this can be a global variable, another device value, a counter, basically anything that is in this list and has a numerical value

set device value to a global variable:
    [ATTACH]45420[/ATTACH]

set device value to another device value:
    [ATTACH]45421[/ATTACH]
    Awesome! I will check it out this evening. Thanks.

Comment

FYI, the EasyTrigger plugin is now in the store and updater:
      http://store.homeseer.com/store/Spud...HS3-P1999.aspx

Comment

in version 3.0.0.4 (attached to first post of this thread) I have added an action to set a device value to any replacement variable: this can be a global variable, another device value, a counter, basically anything that is in this list and has a numerical value

set device value to a global variable:
        [ATTACH]45420[/ATTACH]

set device value to another device value:
        [ATTACH]45421[/ATTACH]
        Since global variables are created on the fly, 1) Does naming a variable in the plug-in create it if it doesn't exist, 2) If so does it require scripting to manipulate the values in the global variable.
        HS4 Pro, 4.2.19.0 Windows 10 pro, Supermicro LP Xeon

Comment

Originally posted by rprade View Post
          Since global variables are created on the fly, 1) Does naming a variable in the plug-in create it if it doesn't exist, 2) If so does it require scripting to manipulate the values in the global variable.
          1) no it assumes the global variable exist at the time the action is triggered. If it doesn't it will probably gives an error (I haven't tested)

2) I don't understand the question

Comment

Purchased.

I would also like a nice way to control/set a schedule in HSTouch. This way, it is easy for the wife or I to make adjustments to things that we change around often from our in wall touch screens. Could you brainstorm how to add this? It could be a handful of virtual devices, aggregated to make the schedule. I do this now, but it takes extra scripting and such.

Comment

Originally posted by kideon View Post
              How about a trigger for if a device has changed in a specified amount of time, if it was one value and became another value and if it has been a value in a certain amount of time.
              I'm not sure I understand exactly what you want, could you provide some use cases examples.

In the current plugin there is already a trigger for "This device's value was and becomes"

Comment

Huh. My purchase of the plugin didn't come with a license code. That's never happened before. I will submit a help desk ticket.

Comment

I have a humidity sensor (Oregon) and a virtual device with a 'maximum humidity'. If the humidity reaches the max humidity, a dehumidifier is turned on.

I seem to be unable to get this to work. Let me know what to provide in order for you to ease debugging.

Comment

Originally posted by kriz83 View Post
                    I have a humidity sensor (Oregon) and a virtual device with a 'maximum humidity'. If the humidity reaches the max humidity, a dehumidifier is turned on.

I seem to be unable to get this to work. Let me know what to provide in order for you to ease debugging.
                    post some screenshots of the event(s) you use for this scenario, as well as the debug logs of the easy trigger plugin when humidity reaches the max humidity.

Comment

Originally posted by Automated View Post
                      Huh. My purchase of the plugin didn't come with a license code. That's never happened before. I will submit a help desk ticket.
                      I hadn't noticed,but neither did mine, but the plug-in also doesn't show as a trial with an expiration date either.

Comment

Originally posted by rprade View Post
                        I hadn't noticed,but neither did mine, but the plug-in also doesn't show as a trial with an expiration date either.
                        hmm, what does it say in the License column of the "PLUG-INS > Manage" page?

I have asked HST guys to look at the license code problem.

Comment

1) no it assumes the global variable exist at the time the action is triggered. If it doesn't it will probably gives an error (I haven't tested)

2) I don't understand the question
                          Since it does't create the global variable, then #2 wouldn't make sense. As I understand it global variables are not persistent in that they have to be created by a script or plug-in each time HomeSeer starts. That means this action will transfer the value of an existing global value to a device. I understand the part about replacement variables, but a global value such as "current_dim_level' would be nice to have. If I could create that variable then set it to a value, then use the plug-in to set a dimmer or a group of dimmers to that value it would be a nice feature. I would have to figure out a simple script to declare the variable, then set the value.

As an alternative the replacement variable action works great for that as I have synchronized 3 dimmers for my yard lights. I created an event to set the value of the other two dimmers to the value of the "master" any time it changes.

The "Never" Wait was during testing because I thought the ramp rate might affect the synchronization. It doesn't.
                          Attached Files
                          Last edited by randy; April 13, 2015, 08:26 PM.

Comment

I am completely wrong, I was thinking of another beta I was trying. Yours says Trial with 17 days left
                            Last edited by randy; April 13, 2015, 03:24 PM.

Comment

I even tried the support option to have all my license codes emailed to me. The email did not contain the license for Easy Trigger, so the store purchase/licensing feature is somehow broken for sure.

Comment

I just received an email from Tyler with the license code.

Comment

Working...
                                X