X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I received mine as well.

Comment

Hi,
      I've tried triggering events after device string changed.

The conditions

"This device has a string that just changed",
      "This device's string changes and becomes..."
      and
      "This device's string changes and contains..."

don't work for me.
      ("The time is" is working OK)
      Where could be the issue ?

Regards, Fischi

Comment

Originally posted by Fischi View Post
        Hi,
        I've tried triggering events after device string changed.

The conditions

"This device has a string that just changed",
        "This device's string changes and becomes..."
        and
        "This device's string changes and contains..."

don't work for me.
        ("The time is" is working OK)
        Where could be the issue ?

Regards, Fischi
        What kind of devices are you monitoring?
        These triggers only work if the device string is set independently from its value. If a device has its value set and has a value/status pair associated, the device string (=status) will change but that will not fire any of these triggers.
        These triggers are only useful for devices which have string that are set dynamically. (media title, weather forecast, etc...)

If that is not your problem could post a screenshot of your event, set the log level to Debug from the Config page and check if you see something like below when your device has its string that changes:

DEBUG Device XXXX string changed to YYYYYY
        Last edited by spud; April 18, 2015, 11:56 AM.

Comment

Thanks Spud,

My device changes the string AND the value.
          I's a KAKU device connected with RFXCOM.
          The devicevalue has often a wrong value .
          So I wanted to trigger my event with a devicestring change although the value also changed.
          Is it possible to trigger my event after a changed devicestring if BOTH
          (value AND string) change ?

Regards, Fischi

Comment

Originally posted by Fischi View Post
            Thanks Spud,

My device changes the string AND the value.
            I's a KAKU device connected with RFXCOM.
            The devicevalue has often a wrong value .
            So I wanted to trigger my event with a devicestring change although the value also changed.
            Is it possible to trigger my event after a changed devicestring if BOTH
            (value AND string) change ?

Regards, Fischi
            it depends how the plugin updates the value and string:
            if the plugin updates only the value and let HS automatically update the string based on the value/status pair, then it's not possible
            but if the plugin explicitly updates the value and the string then it's possible.

to know which one it is, set the log level to debug for the Easy trigger plugin and see if you have anything like this in the log:

DEBUG Device XXXX string changed to YYYYYY

Comment

If string is not equal too?

Is that a possible option? I have a virtual device called AC temp that i set the status using a script. SO i update the Status and write what my mini-split AC is set to, and adjust based on the room temp. So it goes on and i set status to 70, I would like to then say when it gets cold adjust that to 74 or fan or something else, if its not already set to it.

if room temp is below 73
              and IF device string was not equal to 74 (this is the part i would need)
              set device to 74

Is that possible?

Thanks

Comment

Originally posted by louielc View Post
                Is that a possible option? I have a virtual device called AC temp that i set the status using a script. SO i update the Status and write what my mini-split AC is set to, and adjust based on the room temp. So it goes on and i set status to 70, I would like to then say when it gets cold adjust that to 74 or fan or something else, if its not already set to it.

if room temp is below 73
                and IF device string was not equal to 74 (this is the part i would need)
                set device to 74

Is that possible?

Thanks
                I will add the triggers/conditions "device string is not" and "device string does not contain"
                However there may be a simpler solution to your problem. If you would set your virtual device value instead of string you could use the native triggers/conditions "device value is not equal"

Comment

Great Thanks for the quick reply. Ill have to look into changing the values instead . Im new to homeseer,only on it about 3 days, been struggling with Vera unreliability for a few years. So im still figuring out the best ways to do things.

Comment

I have added "device's string is not" and "device's string does not contain" triggers and conditions in version 3.0.0.9

Comment

Option to change a Virtual Device to set a Timer Value?

Hey Spud,

This has been a great plugin, grabbed it today and have already made progress using the variable option!

I was wondering if there's a way or if you could add something that would allow this:

Virtual Device Value (1-30) to equal setting a Timer (Minutes 1-30)

What I am trying to accomplish is changing the Virtual Device via a slider in HSTouch and have it modify the "Set To" Value of a Timer in minutes to the value of the slider.

-Travis

Comment

Originally posted by Daweeze View Post
                        Hey Spud,

This has been a great plugin, grabbed it today and have already made progress using the variable option!

I was wondering if there's a way or if you could add something that would allow this:

Virtual Device Value (1-30) to equal setting a Timer (Minutes 1-30)

What I am trying to accomplish is changing the Virtual Device via a slider in HSTouch and have it modify the "Set To" Value of a Timer in minutes to the value of the slider.

-Travis
                        I would love to add an action to set a Timer to a specific value, unfortunately there is no function in the API to set/start/stop a Timer.

there is bugzilla ticket about this, but it has been sitting there for a while
                        http://bugzilla.homeseer.com/bugzill...ug.cgi?id=1222

Comment

No License or Trial Expired

Hi Spud,

My Plug-In Trial has expired and I don't believe you have this up for sale yet. Any solution? (3.0.0.10).

Thanks,

-Travis

Comment

Originally posted by Daweeze View Post
                            Hi Spud,

My Plug-In Trial has expired and I don't believe you have this up for sale yet. Any solution? (3.0.0.10).

Thanks,

-Travis
                            it is in the store, look there: http://store.homeseer.com/store/Prod...HS3-P1999.aspx

Comment

error message: EasyTrigger ERROR SetDeviceValueToVariable: Cannot find control value

Spud,

I am trying to set the outside temperature device in RCSSTAT with a temperature reading stored in another variable.

I am using the "EasyTRigger: Set Device to Variable" command: HVAC Outside Temp $$DVR:58:

Here is the error message from EasyTrigger:

ERROR SetDeviceValueToVariable: Cannot find control value 100 for device 58

The Device "58" contains 100 (Its hot here).

Can you help?

Thasnk,

JimO.

Comment

Easytrigger error

bump...

Comment

Working...
                                X