X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• S-F
    replied
    Originally posted by kideon View Post
    Is there a way to set a device to it's previous state with an event action? If not can that be added as a feature request? I plan on using it for a lot of stuff including notifications (i.e. my RGB light changes to a state when motion is detected then reverts back to whatever it was set at previously)
    I second this. It would be extremely useful.

Leave a comment:

• spud
    replied
    Originally posted by logman View Post
    I have a feature request for Easy Trigger: Develop and roll out Easy Trigger Pro.

With ET Pro the "HS3 plugin" portion would only be a configuration window where you subscribe the plugin to status change notifications via API for devices managed by HS3. The plugin configuration would offer you the choice of which devices to subscribe the plugin to, from 1 to all.

The HS3 API would send the change notifications for selected devices to ET Pro, which would be managed and controlled locally through its own console outside of HS3. Events could then be set up and saved within the ET Pro console, and most importantly, processed and executed by the console. The event result (if any) would then be sent back to HS3 via API GET for actual execution.

This would free ET from the shackles of the rules structure of HS3. Executing events outside of HS3 would allow whatever combination of restrictions, conditions, triggers and actions the user could dream up. Complex "If, Then, Else" statements could be set up and executed.

Example event with complex IF statements and with ELSE statement:

ONLY IF it is after 10:00pm but before sunrise;

IF outside east motion detector changes to motion detected ORoutside west motion detector changes to motion detected;
    THEN set outside lights to 100%

THEN IF Event Trigger Device changes and becomes no motion;
    THEN wait 30 seconds

THEN IF outside east motion detector AND outside west motion detector have been no motion for at least 30 seconds;
    THEN set outside lights to 15%

ELSE wait 30 seconds;

THEN check if event conditions are true

It would be a big project to tackle, for sure. But I bet demand could be equally large.

Just an idea...

--Barry
    I thought a few times about creating a better event engine for HS3, it's possible but it would be a huge job. A lot of stuff would need to be reimplemented/duplicated (existing native triggers/conditions/actions), other plugins dev would need to implement a new API to recreate the plugin specific triggers/conditions/actions for the new event engine, an import tool would need to be created to import existing events, etc.....

In the long run, I'm not sure it would be anyone (me, HST or users) best interest to do something like that.

Leave a comment:

• logman
    replied
    I have a feature request for Easy Trigger: Develop and roll out Easy Trigger Pro.

With ET Pro the "HS3 plugin" portion would only be a configuration window where you subscribe the plugin to status change notifications via API for devices managed by HS3. The plugin configuration would offer you the choice of which devices to subscribe the plugin to, from 1 to all.

The HS3 API would send the change notifications for selected devices to ET Pro, which would be managed and controlled locally through its own console outside of HS3. Events could then be set up and saved within the ET Pro console, and most importantly, processed and executed by the console. The event result (if any) would then be sent back to HS3 via API GET for actual execution.

This would free ET from the shackles of the rules structure of HS3. Executing events outside of HS3 would allow whatever combination of restrictions, conditions, triggers and actions the user could dream up. Complex "If, Then, Else" statements could be set up and executed.

Example event with complex IF statements and with ELSE statement:

ONLY IF it is after 10:00pm but before sunrise;

IF outside east motion detector changes to motion detected ORoutside west motion detector changes to motion detected;
    THEN set outside lights to 100%

THEN IF Event Trigger Device changes and becomes no motion;
    THEN wait 30 seconds

THEN IF outside east motion detector AND outside west motion detector have been no motion for at least 30 seconds;
    THEN set outside lights to 15%

ELSE wait 30 seconds;

THEN check if event conditions are true

It would be a big project to tackle, for sure. But I bet demand could be equally large.

Just an idea...

--Barry

Leave a comment:

• kideon
    replied
    Is there a way to set a device to it's previous state with an event action? If not can that be added as a feature request? I plan on using it for a lot of stuff including notifications (i.e. my RGB light changes to a state when motion is detected then reverts back to whatever it was set at previously)

Leave a comment:

• alexbk66
    replied
    Is it reliable? I'm not getting much of anything out of my HSM200 for Luminance. Light was shining right on it and it reported 25%...
    I'm using an older model "AEOTEC MULTI-SENSOR 5", works ok. I set maximum monitoret value to 1000, otherwice sometimes it gives big spikes.
    Also what's good in Aeotec motion sensors - I power them from 5V usb adaptor, so they are always awake. Don't know any other sensor which have micro usb connector.
    Also, since in general Z-Wave is not too reliable, in addition I use sunset/sunrise times to backup my Dusk-Dawn virtual device.

Click image for larger version

Name:	_3543bc9b-b2ce-48d1-a6c9-8ecab70f7c0f.png
Views:	10
Size:	18.4 KB
ID:	1272173

Leave a comment:

• kideon
    replied
    Originally posted by alexbk66 View Post
    Ususal Aeotec Z-Wave motion sensor (4 in one)
    Is it reliable? I'm not getting much of anything out of my HSM200 for Luminance. Light was shining right on it and it reported 25%...

Leave a comment:

• alexbk66
    replied
    What are you using for a luminance sensor?
    Ususal Aeotec Z-Wave motion sensor (4 in one)

Leave a comment:

• kideon
    replied
    Originally posted by rprade View Post
    I never troll, nor am I looking for an intellectual discussion. I just don’t understand how the Condition shows you “have recently arrived” to your property, without a timeframe stipulated. If you arrived last week, the Condition would still be true. I do not seem to be communicating well, so I’ll stop.
    I follow you. So the house is in an away state put there by whatever conditions. While in away state the door opens. Ultramon plugin sees the phone as recently connected so there is an assumption that I have just arrived to the property and opened the door. Unless someone has my phone it's going to be me. House then goes to an occupied state. The double blind is that I'll continue to use PHLocation to have a higher success rate (currently at a 5 minute ping to the phone it is catching me about 90% of the time)

I'm currently using the changed within xxx functionality here already as well as on several other applications. I started losing myself in the HA spiral and decided to reset on how I was structuring everything to now account for habit as well as data available to the system. That's why I want to see bayesian sensors incorporated.

Leave a comment:

• rprade
    replied
    We already have this as a trigger but not a condition. I'm asking for it to be additionally a condition. In the door case, the door opening is the trigger. The additional condition allows the system to know if I have recently arrived to my property. Logically it's me opening my door so the alarm doesn't go off.

For the movie, Homeseer knows the player stopped but I want to know what it was previously playing to engage a movie ending action with the lights. Currently the comparator is only a trigger and not a condition.

Had a long day Rich and I can't tell if you're trolling me or looking for an intellectual discussion. If the latter is the case then PM me and we can talk I'd like to pick your brain anyway since you have one of the most complex and capable systems on this board.
    I never troll, nor am I looking for an intellectual discussion. I just don’t understand how the Condition shows you “have recently arrived” to your property, without a timeframe stipulated. If you arrived last week, the Condition would still be true. I do not seem to be communicating well, so I’ll stop.

Leave a comment:

• kideon
    replied
    We already have this as a trigger but not a condition. I'm asking for it to be additionally a condition. In the door case, the door opening is the trigger. The additional condition allows the system to know if I have recently arrived to my property. Logically it's me opening my door so the alarm doesn't go off.

For the movie, Homeseer knows the player stopped but I want to know what it was previously playing to engage a movie ending action with the lights. Currently the comparator is only a trigger and not a condition.

Had a long day Rich and I can't tell if you're trolling me or looking for an intellectual discussion. If the latter is the case then PM me and we can talk I'd like to pick your brain anyway since you have one of the most complex and capable systems on this board.

Leave a comment:

• rprade
    replied

In this case I just want to know that it had a previously specific status and now has a different specific status. No matter the time differential. For this specific feature request. Trust me it’ll fix multiple scenarios and also add some reliability. For my home issuance the logic would be:
    if the door sensor changes to open
    if the iPhone status was previously offline and is now reconnected
    OK, try to humor me here. As a Condition, how is the above different from “if the iPhone Status is reconnected? We know that in order for it to be reconnected, at one point it must have been offline.

if house mode is away
    change house mode to home

my location tracking is only 90 percent reliable since the phone is only pinged every five minutes and my workarounds aren’t good enough.

for plex if the player status changes to stopped and was playing
    The above is a Trigger, so we know it just changed.

if the media type was movie
    run movie stopped scene (restore normal lighting for the den, enable airplay speak to the onkyo

thinking about it more I may incorpore this into my lighting routines, security etc and make use of my bed sensor. Will figure that one out later I gotta lay out my usual habits and variances.

Leave a comment:

• kideon
    replied
    Originally posted by alexbk66 View Post
    Please correct me if I'm wrong - I cant find an option "device is greater (less) than some value for more then some time". There's an option for "exactly" some time, but doesn't work if I enable event after the device value is already in the range. And the trigger is actually "in the range", not "greater" or "less", so I must specify the upper value of the range, even if I'm only interested in "greater".

Background: I need to set dask/down virtual device if luminance sensor is above/below some value for some time - otherwice it's switching too often around dask/down time.
    What are you using for a luminance sensor?

Leave a comment:

• kideon
    replied
    Color me confused. You asked for a "condition for if a device was xxx and became xxx". Since you say the time frame doesn't matter, how would the condition determine if the device had changed? Or to put it differently how would "if a device was xxx and became yyy" differ from "this device is yyy"? Further, wouldn't "device has changed within xxx" suffice?
    In this case I just want to know that it had a previously specific status and now has a different specific status. No matter the time differential. For this specific feature request. Trust me it’ll fix multiple scenarios and also add some reliability. For my home issuance the logic would be:
    if the door sensor changes to open
    if the iPhone status was previously offline and is now reconnected
    if house mode is away
    change house mode to home

my location tracking is only 90 percent reliable since the phone is only pinged every five minutes and my workarounds aren’t good enough.

for plex if the player status changes to stopped and was playing
    if the media type was movie
    run movie stopped scene (restore normal lighting for the den, enable airplay speak to the onkyo

thinking about it more I may incorpore this into my lighting routines, security etc and make use of my bed sensor. Will figure that one out later I gotta lay out my usual habits and variances.

Leave a comment:

• rprade
    replied

I’m not worried about that though there are some other conditions in place if needed already (a device has changed within xxx) he added that for me a whole ago
    Color me confused. You asked for a "condition for if a device was xxx and became xxx". Since you say the time frame doesn't matter, how would the condition determine if the device had changed? Or to put it differently how would "if a device was xxx and became yyy" differ from "this device is yyy"? Further, wouldn't "device has changed within xxx" suffice?

Leave a comment:

• kideon
    replied
    The difficulty is that you would have to define a timeframe. If a phone is online now, it is likely that it was offline before, even if it has been online for 3 weeks.
    I’m not worried about that though there are some other conditions in place if needed already (a device has changed within xxx) he added that for me a whole ago

Leave a comment:

Working...
X