X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Timon
    replied
    Is there a way to poll a group of devices within EasyTrigger?

Leave a comment:

• Timon
    replied
    There are times when I want to test if a device is on before I do another function which may turn that device off but I want to make sure the device has been on for at least a couple fo second before I do. Think timing out a light based on a timer but the timer continues to run. This can be done easily with the built in tests so all works fine.

The problem comes when I want to do the same with a group but I want to make sure that all the devices in the group have been in the given condition for at least x length of time first. That I can't do.

I'd like to see a group test that works like the built in single device test but the time applies to the entire group.

Then I could say if any/all ... for least x seconds.

If there is a way to do this and I missed it then forget the whole thing.

Leave a comment:

• Ltek
    replied
    Originally posted by Timon View Post
    Ok, call me blind as a bat but I can't find the Push, Pop and Clear functions after loading beta 56. I've gone through just about every functions and I just don't see it.
    spud this is great. Not sure if you were around in the HS1.x days but there was a script that did this back then - super useful.

A thought...

if you could combine Push/Pop with ET Groups then we'd have some pretty cool scene functionality. Basically telling ET to gather all the device values from in a Group, and put them on the stack.

One step further would be to add the ability to have 'default' values for each device in a Group (set in the ET plugin group itself) and then be able to call those defaults whenever.

scenario...

manually change several lights over the evening
    *guests come over*
    -- PUSH the current values to the stack
    -- Call ET Group Defaults (all device values change to default)
    *an hour later, guests leave*
    -- POP ET Group stack values to return to prior settings

Leave a comment:

• alexbk66
    replied
    Originally posted by Timon View Post
    From this point forward it will be my procedure also.
    I also disable plugins to be updated. But in addition - I do each plugin update one-by-one, i.e.
    • disable one plugin
    • update one plugin
    • enable back (optional)
    • repeat for other plugins
    Because I found if you update all at once and there's an issue with one of the plugins - you don't really know the current update state...

Leave a comment:

• Timon
    replied
    Originally posted by rprade View Post
    Honestly, I am now in the habit of following this process for ALL plug-in updates:
    • Disable plug-in(s) to be updated
    • Update plug-in(s)
    • Enable plug-in(s)
    Some plug-in update properly while running, but many do not. It is just easier and cleaner to follow the ritual.
    From this point forward it will be my procedure also.

Leave a comment:

• mitchmitchell1616
    replied
    Originally posted by jvm View Post

I'm sure you realize this, but just in case you didn't -- you can the condition to "act" like a trigger by preceding it with the Trigger of "If Any devices value in this group has just changed"
    I didn't but I do now -- thanks!!

Leave a comment:

• jvm
    replied
    Originally posted by mitchmitchell1616 View Post

LOL, I have all sort of trouble mis-reading posts, especially when browsing late at night (or real early in the morning).
    I'm sure you realize this, but just in case you didn't -- you get can the condition to "act" like a trigger by preceding it with the Trigger of "If Any devices value in this group has just changed"

Leave a comment:

• mitchmitchell1616
    replied
    Originally posted by cc4005 View Post
    Click image for larger version  Name:	Capture.PNG Views:	1 Size:	55.0 KB ID:	1276394

Now reading more carefully I think I can correctly answer your question. The Any/All appears to be available only as a condition (AND IF) but not a trigger (IF).
    FOUND IT!!! Thank you very much sir!!

This just eliminated 10 events, a counter, and a virtual device -- this is great!

Leave a comment:

• cc4005
    replied

LOL, I have all sort of trouble mis-reading posts, especially when browsing late at night (or real early in the morning).
    You're very gracious. My mental multi-threading is quite limited so these subforums with several concurrent conversations do trip me up!

Leave a comment:

• cc4005
    replied
    Click image for larger version

Name:	Capture.PNG
Views:	7
Size:	55.0 KB
ID:	1276394

I have 3.0.0.56 installed, but I don't see that trigger -- am I looking in the right place? (See attached).

Thanks!

Mitch
    Now reading more carefully I think I can correctly answer your question. The Any/All appears to be available only as a condition (AND IF) but not a trigger (IF).

Leave a comment:

• mitchmitchell1616
    replied
    Originally posted by cc4005 View Post

Ignore my prior reply. Misread the question as related to push/pop.

Leave a comment:

• rprade
    replied

I have 3.0.0.56 installed, but I don't see that trigger -- am I looking in the right place? (See attached).

Thanks!

Mitch
    Your screenshot is of Triggers (IF) and the new addition that jvm was referring to is a Condition (AND IF)

Leave a comment:

• cc4005
    replied

Thanks!

Mitch
    Ignore my prior reply. Misread the question as related to push/pop.

Leave a comment:

• mitchmitchell1616
    replied
    Originally posted by jvm View Post

Its in the new beta 3.0.0.56. You can now set a condition to test if any or all devices in a group meet a particular expression. See post #402, above.

Thanks!

Mitch

Leave a comment:

• rprade
    replied
    Honestly, I am now in the habit of following this process for ALL plug-in updates:
    • Disable plug-in(s) to be updated
    • Update plug-in(s)
    • Enable plug-in(s)
    Some plug-in update properly while running, but many do not. It is just easier and cleaner to follow the ritual.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X