Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

in version 3.0.0.34 available from the Beta section of the updater I have added 3 device's value conditions:
    • This device's value has been in range [X,Y] for at least...
    • This device's value has NOT been in range [X,Y] for at least...
    • This device's value has NOT changed for at least...

Comment

@spud
      another, hopefully easy (?) request...

If <event name> has ran within the last <#> seconds/minutes/hours
      If <event name> has NOT ran within the last <#> seconds/minutes/hours

I found several instances (a few different use cases) where it would be valuable to check an Event's Last Ran time and use it as a Condition to stop, or allow, another event from running.

It would also provide users with very basic event sequences.

Possible? thx for the help!

Comment

in version 3.0.0.35 available from the Beta section of the updater I have added "Any Device's value in Group is..." triggers and conditions.

The group can be based on Name, Location1, Location2 or Type
        This allows you to simplify long list of OR IF triggers.
        example: "Any device whose type is XXXX had its value changed and becomes Y"

Click image for larger version

Name:	devicegrouptrigger.png
Views:	1
Size:	17.9 KB
ID:	1191973

Comment

Originally posted by spud View Post
          in version 3.0.0.35 available from the Beta section of the updater I have added "Any Device's value in Group is..." triggers and conditions.

[ATTACH]62893[/ATTACH]
          NICE!

Interested in your thoughts on triggers for...

Event did/not run within the last XXX seconds/min/hr
          Device value changed/not within the last XXX seconds/min/hr

... these would allow us to do basic Event sequences.

Comment

[ATTACH]62893[/ATTACH]
            All my Z-Wave battery nodes report a capacity in %. It is possible for a battery to skip % values between reports so having to trigger on an absolute value is somewhat limiting. It would be nice if you could add a "greater than" and "less than" to this new trigger.

Comment

Originally posted by Ltek View Post
              NICE!

Interested in your thoughts on triggers for...

Event did/not run within the last XXX seconds/min/hr
              Device value changed/not within the last XXX seconds/min/hr

... these would allow us to do basic Event sequences.
              For the first one, I could not find in the HS API a way to be notified when an event is fired.

For the second one there is already an EasyTrigger called "This device value has not changed for exactly..."

Comment

Originally posted by andyf View Post
                All my Z-Wave battery nodes report a capacity in %. It is possible for a battery to skip % values between reports so having to trigger on an absolute value is somewhat limiting. It would be nice if you could add a "greater than" and "less than" to this new trigger.
                yeah I guess I will add those options in a future version

Comment

For the first one, I could not find in the HS API a way to be notified when an event is fired.

For the second one there is already an EasyTrigger called "This device value has not changed for exactly..."
                  For the Event Sequences, I was thinking it would not be immediate but based on 'Last Run Time'. Comparing current time with last run time.

Event 'Last Run Time' changed within the last 5 seconds.

When

For "This device value has not changed for exactly" .. does it really mean 'exactly' (exactly 22:30 -- but not 22:29 or 22:31) or is it really 'at least' (22:30 or longer ... aka >=) situation?

I was hoping to have triggers like...

Device Value has not change within the last 30 min.
                  Device Value changed within the last 20 minutes

Comment

For the Event Sequences, I was thinking it would not be immediate but based on 'Last Run Time'. Comparing current time with last run time.

Event 'Last Run Time' changed within the last 5 seconds.
                    I'm not sure I can get the "Last run time" field either...

For "This device value has not changed for exactly" .. does it really mean 'exactly' (exactly 22:30 -- but not 22:29 or 22:31) or is it really 'at least' (22:30 or longer ... aka >=) situation?

I was hoping to have triggers like...

Device Value has not change within the last 30 min.
                    Device Value changed within the last 20 minutes
                    there are both
                    a trigger: "This device value has not changed for exactly.."
                    and a condition: "This device value has not changed for at least..."

having a "at least" trigger would not make much sense as it would fire the event every second once it is true.

Comment

I'm not sure I can get the "Last run time" field either...
                      Maybe you can ask Rich to add it. I don't see why he'd show it in the UI and not expose it in the API. I'm finding so many gaps in HS3 it is frustrating.

having a "at least" trigger would not make much sense as it would fire the event every second once it is true.
                      I see the reg HS device triggers:
                      'has been for at least' (requires specific value)
                      'has been for exactly' (requires specific value)
                      ... but not...
                      'value changed within last <time>' (good for ANY value)
                      'string changed within last <time>' (good for ANY value)
                      'value not changed for at least <time>' (good for ANY string)
                      'string not changed for at least <time>' (good for ANY string)

To limit repeats, using "Cannot re-Run For" option works well IMO.

many use cases for constant alerts, like...

Fridge/freezer - Saving your food from spoiling or wasting a ton of energy

Door open - saves dog from running out and getting hit by a car

Water leak - house flooding

Comment

To limit repeats, using "Cannot re-Run For" option works well IMO.
                        a "value not changed for at least" trigger with the option "Cannot re-run For" would be exactly equivalent to the "value not changed for exactly" trigger which already exist in EasyTrigger

alternatively you can use the condition "value has NOT changed for at least" which also already exist in EasyTrigger.

Comment

Easy Trigger plug-in - Feature Requests

Hi Spud,
                          I have been using Easy trigger time ranges for a little while and they are extremely helpful. Do you know if there might be a way to filter events based on a specific easy trigger schedule? Similar to filtering events based a a specific device used in an event?
                          Thank you Spud

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
                          HS4 4.2.6.0 &HSTouch Designer 3.0.80
                          Plugin's:
                          BLBackup, BLOccupied, BLShutdown, EasyTrigger, Ecobee, Nest, AK Bond
                          EnvisaLink DSC, PHLocation, Pushover, SONOS, Blue Iris, UltraRachio3,
                          weatherXML, Jon00 Alexa Helper, Network Monitor, MyQ, Z-Wave

Comment

Originally posted by The Profit View Post
                            Hi Spud,
                            I have been using Easy trigger time ranges for a little while and they are extremely helpful. Do you know if there might be a way to filter events based on a specific easy trigger schedule? Similar to filtering events based a a specific device used in an event?
                            Thank you Spud

Bump

Plugin's:

Comment

Originally posted by The Profit View Post
                              Hi Spud,
                              Thank you Spud

Filter mechanism is not exposed through the API, so I don't think there is an easy way to do this.

Comment

Filter mechanism is not exposed through the API, so I don't think there is an easy way to do this.

Ok, thanks Spud.

Plugin's:

Comment

Working...
                                X