X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• rprade
    replied
    Originally posted by kideon View Post

In this case I just want to know that it had a previously specific status and now has a different specific status. No matter the time differential. For this specific feature request. Trust me it’ll fix multiple scenarios and also add some reliability. For my home issuance the logic would be:
    if the door sensor changes to open
    if the iPhone status was previously offline and is now reconnected
    OK, try to humor me here. As a Condition, how is the above different from “if the iPhone Status is reconnected? We know that in order for it to be reconnected, at one point it must have been offline.

if house mode is away
    change house mode to home

my location tracking is only 90 percent reliable since the phone is only pinged every five minutes and my workarounds aren’t good enough.

for plex if the player status changes to stopped and was playing
    The above is a Trigger, so we know it just changed.

if the media type was movie
    run movie stopped scene (restore normal lighting for the den, enable airplay speak to the onkyo

thinking about it more I may incorpore this into my lighting routines, security etc and make use of my bed sensor. Will figure that one out later I gotta lay out my usual habits and variances.

Leave a comment:

• kideon
    replied
    Originally posted by alexbk66 View Post
    Please correct me if I'm wrong - I cant find an option "device is greater (less) than some value for more then some time". There's an option for "exactly" some time, but doesn't work if I enable event after the device value is already in the range. And the trigger is actually "in the range", not "greater" or "less", so I must specify the upper value of the range, even if I'm only interested in "greater".

Background: I need to set dask/down virtual device if luminance sensor is above/below some value for some time - otherwice it's switching too often around dask/down time.
    What are you using for a luminance sensor?

Leave a comment:

• kideon
    replied
    Originally posted by rprade View Post
    Color me confused. You asked for a "condition for if a device was xxx and became xxx". Since you say the time frame doesn't matter, how would the condition determine if the device had changed? Or to put it differently how would "if a device was xxx and became yyy" differ from "this device is yyy"? Further, wouldn't "device has changed within xxx" suffice?
    In this case I just want to know that it had a previously specific status and now has a different specific status. No matter the time differential. For this specific feature request. Trust me it’ll fix multiple scenarios and also add some reliability. For my home issuance the logic would be:
    if the door sensor changes to open
    if the iPhone status was previously offline and is now reconnected
    if house mode is away
    change house mode to home

my location tracking is only 90 percent reliable since the phone is only pinged every five minutes and my workarounds aren’t good enough.

for plex if the player status changes to stopped and was playing
    if the media type was movie
    run movie stopped scene (restore normal lighting for the den, enable airplay speak to the onkyo

thinking about it more I may incorpore this into my lighting routines, security etc and make use of my bed sensor. Will figure that one out later I gotta lay out my usual habits and variances.

Leave a comment:

• rprade
    replied

I’m not worried about that though there are some other conditions in place if needed already (a device has changed within xxx) he added that for me a whole ago
    Color me confused. You asked for a "condition for if a device was xxx and became xxx". Since you say the time frame doesn't matter, how would the condition determine if the device had changed? Or to put it differently how would "if a device was xxx and became yyy" differ from "this device is yyy"? Further, wouldn't "device has changed within xxx" suffice?

Leave a comment:

• kideon
    replied
    The difficulty is that you would have to define a timeframe. If a phone is online now, it is likely that it was offline before, even if it has been online for 3 weeks.
    I’m not worried about that though there are some other conditions in place if needed already (a device has changed within xxx) he added that for me a whole ago

Leave a comment:

• rprade
    replied
    Would it be possible to have a condition for if a device was xxx and became xxx as a condition as well as a primary trigger? I just ran into a scenario with Blade's Plex Plugin and though of a few others as well (i.e. a door opens, home status is unoccupied and the phone was offline and has now been re-established)..that would actually fix my occupancy issues with doors that don't have keypads.
    The difficulty is that you would have to define a timeframe. If a phone is online now, it is likely that it was offline before, even if it has been online for 3 weeks.

Leave a comment:

• kideon
    replied
    Would it be possible to have a condition for if a device was xxx and became xxx as a condition as well as a primary trigger? I just ran into a scenario with Blade's Plex Plugin and though of a few others as well (i.e. a door opens, home status is unoccupied and the phone was offline and has now been re-established)..that would actually fix my occupancy issues with doors that don't have keypads.

Leave a comment:

• rprade
    replied
    Thank you rprade it works
    Cool

Leave a comment:

• alexbk66
    replied
    Spud prevents run away triggers, so only offers "Exactly" on triggers. "At Least" is available as a Condition. Use the luminance sensor changing as the Trigger.
    Thank you rprade it works

Leave a comment:

• rprade
    replied
    Please correct me if I'm wrong - I cant find an option "device is greater (less) than some value for more then some time". There's an option for "exactly" some time, but doesn't work if I enable event after the device value is already in the range. And the trigger is actually "in the range", not "greater" or "less", so I must specify the upper value of the range, even if I'm only interested in "greater".

Background: I need to set dask/down virtual device if luminance sensor is above/below some value for some time - otherwice it's switching too often around dask/down time.
    Spud prevents run away triggers, so only offers "Exactly" on triggers. "At Least" is available as a Condition. Use the luminance sensor changing as the Trigger.

IF Luminance Sensor has just changed
    AND IF Luminance Sensor has been in range [X,Y] for at least...

You will still have to specify a range.

Leave a comment:

• alexbk66
    replied

Leave a comment:

• rprade
    replied
    This one may be beyond the scope of this plug-in.

First the situation. When we put our house to new modes (awake, asleep, vacant, occupied, vacation, etc.) we are frequently controlling quite a few Z-Wave devices at once. The downside is that Z-Wave is inherently a little slow and this flood of commands can introduce delays or occasional errors.due to traffic or collisions or whatever. To solve that, I use delayed device actions, delayed Events or wait times. While Rich has dramatically improved the Z-Wave plug-in and the devices have gotten much better since I started this practice, it is still better not to swamp the plug-in with several dozen commands at once. If I use Easy Trigger group actions, I put a wait action between them to slow it down a bit, but I still might send commands to a dozen or more power devices or lights.

I was going through my "house to sleep" actions today and trying to clean them up. My thought would be to add an option for a configurable delay between the actions on a group of devices on the order of 0-30 seconds. Then the action would be "Easy Trigger: Set Group of Devices to Expression set all devices in group XYZ to {expression} and delay each action by XX seconds". Another thing that would be useful at reducing traffic would be to check the value of each device before setting it. If its value is already there, do not send the command. This also could be optional, for those who want to send a command regardless of the current value.

Leave a comment:

• jvm
    replied
    New feature - I'd like to see an EasyTrigger action that allows you to set the triggering device (ETDeviceRef) to an expression. i.e., a "Set Triggering device to expression ___" function.

This arose while I was trying to figure out how to set a device in a group to a value after that device caused a trigger to occur. Specifically, if any dimmer in a group was set to a power level lower than 5%, I wanted to turn it completely off. After numerous scripting errors, and assistance from other forum members, this was finally solved as shown below, but I think figuring out CAPI is too difficult for the average user, so if there was a built-in function to abstract this, it would be quite useful.

Click image for larger version

Name:	Capture.PNG
Views:	33
Size:	87.2 KB
ID:	1264161

Leave a comment:

• Ltek
    replied
    Originally posted by kriz83 View Post
    Would it be possible to create a device to change the status of a group of devices AND indicate the status ?

Right now i have 4 devices grouped into a group called "Christmas lights". I'd love to have one HS device to turn all 4 of then on/off. And when one of the grouped devices is turned on, the group would be on too.

Would work like the 'link device' feature or something
    Scene Master plugin might do this.

Check out a script I posted, Composite Device Status. It uses vDevice(s) to show status of multiple other real devices. I haven't yet, but should be able to make the vDevice that shows the status also control on/off. I'll look at adding that this weekend.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Leave a comment:

• alexbk66
    replied
    Originally posted by kriz83 View Post
    Would it be possible to create a device to change the status of a group of devices AND indicate the status ?
    Cps SceneMaster Plug-in?

Leave a comment:

Working...
X