Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

How about a "That_Device" identifier which works on device groups. The idea is that if you have a group set to detect a change, such as "Any Device whose Type Is ... has a value set that is ...", then if the trigger occurs, you could use the "That Device" to reference the changed item. for example to process logic like . . .

IF Any Device whose Type Is Z-Wave Batter has a value set that is not equal to 0
    AND THAT_DEVICE has a value less than X
    AND THAT_DEVICE has a value greater than Y
    AND THAT_DEVICE last changed value at time ....

Comment

There are many times that I want to change a device value then return it back to it's original setting. This could be just a single level but there are conditions where more than one level would be handy.

Example: Motion is detected in some area. I want to set some devices in that area to full on then once the motion has stopped I want to return those devices back to their value before the motion occured. This can be done by creating multiple virtual devices but that tends to clutter up the Device list with a lot of devices plus making events much more complex.

If there was a push and pop functions once could do something like.

Event Motion Front Door:
      Push Front Door Light
      Set Front Door Light to On

Event Motion Front Door End:
      Pop Front Door Light

One could even combine the Push with Set which I think would be a better way to implement it

Event Motion Front Door:
      Push Front Door Light and Set to On

The above example is not really complete and could have side effects but it's just to show the basic idea. It would need safeguards such as timeouts and the like to really work but it gets the idea across.

It seems to me this would be very easy to implement other than deciding how many levels to allow for a push. One more command should be done and that would be a clear so you could effectly clearout the stack. I'm thinking that one could just assume that if you use a Set then that would clear the stack so if you did:

Push and Set to 50%
      Push and Set to 75%
      Pop
      Push to 75%
      Set to 25%

The Set would then dump and remaining Pushes left for that device. However I don't know if Easytrigger could detect that a standard set device was done.

Manually changing a light would not change anything in the stack although if the device doesn't have Instant Status the next push may not push that setting.

HomeSeer Version: HS3 Standard Edition 3.0.0.548
      Linux version: Linux auto 4.15.0-72-generic #81-Ubuntu SMP Tue Nov 26 12:20:02 UTC 2019 x86_64 x86_64 x86_64 GNU/Linux
      Number of Devices: 484 | Number of Events: 776

Enabled Plug-Ins: 3.0.0.13: AirplaySpeak | 2.0.61.0: BLBackup
      3.0.0.70: EasyTrigger | 1.3.7006.42100: LiftMaster MyQ
      4.2.3.0: mcsMQTT | 3.0.0.53: PHLocation2 | 0.0.0.47: Pushover 3P
      3.0.0.16: RaspberryIO | 3.0.1.262: Z-Wave

Z-Net version: 1.0.23 for Inclusion Nodes
      SmartStick+: 6.04 (ZDK 6.81.3) on Server

Comment

I'll add my vote to what Timon suggested. I have several Virtual devices now that I use to store the dimming levels of some lights - I then change the lighting levels as the Roomba vacuum (ours is named Ricky) wanders around the house doing its cleaning thing (a little bit of light helps its low res camera recognize "landmarks"). After Ricky finishes, I set the lights back to their original levels. Having all the virtual devices and associated events works, but it is less than elegant, and as Timon notes, your device list gets cluttered.

BBB

Comment

Hi Spud,

what I would like to have as a trigger /condition is :

-if any devices in this groups have been ''x'' for at least ''x'' times''
          -if any devices in this groups have not been ''x'' for at least ''x'' times''

-If if any devices is this groups have been in the range of ''x'' to ''x'' for at least ''x'' times'' .
          -If if any devices is this groups have not been in the range of ''x'' to ''x'' for at least ''x'' times'' .

that would make my life easier

Comment

Is it possible to add an event "on HomeSeer start-up" please. Unless it's already available via some other means?

Comment

Originally posted by alexbk66 View Post
              Is it possible to add an event "on HomeSeer start-up" please. Unless it's already available via some other means?
              You can run an event from the startup script. Mike wrote about it here:

https://forums.homeseer.com/forum/ho...40#post1248540

I do quite a number of things at startup. I wrote about them here:

https://forums.homeseer.com/forum/ho...67#post1139967
              HS4 Pro, 4.2.19.0 Windows 10 pro, Supermicro LP Xeon

Comment

Originally posted by rprade View Post
                You can run an event from the startup script.
                Thank you , I'll check it out.

Comment

How about a Date function that is more robust than the default? (As a very relevant example, I'm currently preparing my "Halloween" events, and would like to have a "Dates other than" function that I can apply to my normal events - For instance, my normal "turn the porch light off if it's been on for over an hour unless" event - I'd like that to be active for all dates OTHER than Halloween (and as I think of and add holidays/events, other dates, as well.) Currently I can make due with a pair of "And is a date before" and "And is a date after" triggers, but this had me thinking about the future and how annoying/complicated this will become as I add additional "exception" dates.

Comment

I'd love to have a "blink" action. I'd love to be able to say "blink a device 3 times, 3 seconds in between"

Comment

Originally posted by AgentGladstone View Post
                      I'd love to have a "blink" action. I'd love to be able to say "blink a device 3 times, 3 seconds in between"
                      Not sure if you realize this is a super simple thing to do with native event actions?

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by Ltek View Post
                        Not sure if you realize this is a super simple thing to do with native event actions?
                        Would be better to actually provide some directions, "super simple thing" is just a waste of forum space.

Comment

Originally posted by alexbk66 View Post
                          Would be better to actually provide some directions, "super simple thing" is just a waste of forum space.
                          Seriously... It's so basic that if you have to ask for directions you probably should not have bought Homeseer.

Here's the actions,in order , Stay with me...

Device control: lightXYZ on
                          Wait: 1 sec
                          Device control: lightXYZ off
                          Wait: 1 second

... And so forth.

For those unsure if this will work... You can do a complex scientific simulation... stand next to the wall switch and turn it on, counting to one, turn it off, count to one... repeat as many times as necessary I until you get the desired result or failure.

Hope you are able to to follow that.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by Ltek View Post
                            Seriously... It's so basic that if you have to ask for directions you probably should not have bought Homeseer.
                            I do have HS and I know how to program events, etc. I write my own plugins too.
                            But for users who do ask these questions it's more useful to provide details.
                            And BTW the reason I decided to write plugin - was to simplify and reduce number of required events - instead implement the functionality in C# code to make it more reusable.

Comment

I had a blink event that would call itself until a virtual device was no longer on. However, it put HS into a tailspin and would lock up. Maybe it’s been fixed in subsequent releases.
                              Michael

Comment

Originally posted by Rvtravlr View Post
                                I had a blink event that would call itself until a virtual device was no longer on. However, it put HS into a tailspin and would lock up. Maybe it’s been fixed in subsequent releases.
                                I would guess that several on/off z-wave commands to blink a light over an extended amount of time might cause a problem eventually with z-wave traffic. That might depend on how each system is setup as to how quickly it caused a problem.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
                                HS4 4.2.6.0 &HSTouch Designer 3.0.80
                                Plugin's:
                                BLBackup, BLOccupied, BLShutdown, EasyTrigger, Ecobee, Nest, AK Bond
                                EnvisaLink DSC, PHLocation, Pushover, SONOS, Blue Iris, UltraRachio3,
                                weatherXML, Jon00 Alexa Helper, Network Monitor, MyQ, Z-Wave

Comment

Working...
                                X