This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by AgentGladstone View Post
    I'd love to have a "blink" action. I'd love to be able to say "blink a device 3 times, 3 seconds in between"
    The observations about Z-Wave traffic are correct. Here is an event that will do what you want. When you want a light to blink, set the counter to the number of times you want it to blink. Set it to 3 for 3 blinks, 4 for 4 blinks, etc. It will work much better on a Z-Wave switch than dimmer, because of a dimmers ramp rate. It also is more likely to cause traffic problems with more blinks. I tested it with a HS-WS100+ and it works with up to 10 blinks, though the cadence gets odd after 4-5 blinks. It always works with three.

This will depend on your Z-Wave network.

Click image for larger version

Name:	B421CD30-6DC2-40CB-BEDD-D50BC09CF5B3.jpeg
Views:	7
Size:	39.5 KB
ID:	1258089
    Randy Prade
    Aurora, CO
    Prades.net

PHLocation - Pushover - EasyTrigger - UltraECM3 - Ultra1Wire3 - Arduino

Comment

• "Toggle Scene"?

Maybe this is possible, but I have not figured it out. It would (for me) be useful to be able to use a button to toggle between three scenes. The same as the current toggle device, but each state would be the execution of a scene.

Comment

• Originally posted by ian351c View Post

It would also be nice to have access to the individual dv.Name(), dv.Location(), and dv.Location2() variables when a group trigger occurs. This would give me more flexibility in how I format my alert messages without having to go to a script or use a bunch of events based on individual devices.
        I changed that in version 3.0.0.53 available in the Beta section of the updater, now ETDeviceName is only populated with the name of the device, and there are 2 new global variables for locations: ETDeviceLocation1 and ETDeviceLocation2

Comment

• Thank you!. Installed and working well.
          Randy Prade
          Aurora, CO
          Prades.net

PHLocation - Pushover - EasyTrigger - UltraECM3 - Ultra1Wire3 - Arduino

Comment

• For the "Any device's value in this group had its value set and is ..." group of triggers, I can select from "is not equal to ..", "is greater than ...", and "is less than...", but there isn't an "is equal to" option. I understand I can get this functionality by using the $NEWVALUE == expression, but it seems a bit inconsistent that there isn't an "is equal to" when you have the other 3 common comparisons. Can this be added - I think it would make the user interface a bit more consistent.

Also, for the group "Any device whose" selection -- In concept, I like the use of dynamically defined groups through the "any device whose [Name or Location1 or Location2 or type] is [ ...] " group selection, but I'm finding I can rarely use it because it doesn't give a narrow enough result. It would be helpful to have a similar option where you can specify all 4 of these characteristics in combination with a "Any" option if you don't want to narrow on a specific one. It would be greatly appreciated if you would consider adding this.

In addition to triggering, it would be useful to be able to act on a group that is defined using the same 4 characteristics - i.e., something like: "Set Devices in Group whose Name = Any, Location1 = "Bedroom", Location 2 = "Any", type = "Z-Wave Switch Multilevel" to expression 255.

In any case, thanks for all your work here. This plugin is a great value for the cost.
            Last edited by jvm; November 26th, 2018, 05:56 AM.

Comment

• Originally posted by AgentGladstone View Post
              I'd love to have a "blink" action. I'd love to be able to say "blink a device 3 times, 3 seconds in between"
              take a look at cpsflash plugin!

Comment

• Would it be possible to create a device to change the status of a group of devices AND indicate the status ?

Right now i have 4 devices grouped into a group called "Christmas lights". I'd love to have one HS device to turn all 4 of then on/off. And when one of the grouped devices is turned on, the group would be on too.

Would work like the 'link device' feature or something

Comment

• Originally posted by kriz83 View Post
                  Would it be possible to create a device to change the status of a group of devices AND indicate the status ?

Right now i have 4 devices grouped into a group called "Christmas lights". I'd love to have one HS device to turn all 4 of then on/off. And when one of the grouped devices is turned on, the group would be on too.

Not sure about how to do it with ET, but couldn't you create an event that turns on a device when any of your four lights turn on? Use a second event with the same logic for turning off the device. Then have two additional events that turn the four lights on or off depending on the status change of your device.

Comment

• Yes, that would be the altnerative. But as you mentioned, it requires 4 events. I have multiple of these groups, so the number of events would simply explode

Or i would need a script, but that would again be a script per group ...

Comment

Yes, that would be the altnerative. But as you mentioned, it requires 4 events. I have multiple of these groups, so the number of events would simply explode

Or i would need a script, but that would again be a script per group ...
                      I believe ET can do that, but someone with better knowledge will need to offer guidance.

Comment

Would it be possible to create a device to change the status of a group of devices AND indicate the status ?

Yes, you can do this in ET. First, do you want to turn on all 4 when any light in the group is turned on (even if remotely) , or just when any *switch* for the group is pressed? I'll assume you mean any switch. This will allow you to remotely control lights individually, but do a group action if physically interacting with the switches.

In the Easy Trigger "Config" page, create two groups. One called My_Group_Central_Scenes, the other called My_Group_Switches and in these you place the corresponding "central scene" and "switch devices" for your group devices. I'm assuming you are using Switches rather than dimmers.

In Easy Trigger, trigger on "Any device in Group had its value set to expression and in the expression you test the triggering device's set value using $$GLOBALVAR:ETDeviceValue: to see if the top or bottom paddle was pressed -- and be sure to trigger on "set" when using Central Scenes, not "changed" - you do this because central scenes don't "reset" after activitaing -- they stay at their last triggered value but they are often "set" to that same value multiple times in a row and you still want to act each time. And I'm assuming you want to act on the group when either the central scene is set to 1 tap on the top of the paddle, or one tap on the bottom. These correspond to central scene values 1000 and 2000

Then, in the Action, you set your devices to 0 or 255 depending on whether the top or the bottom of the paddle was tapped. I'm going to assume you want Tap once to turn on (255) else you turn off (0). Since this is an either or choice (tap top or tap bottom), you can do a simple "if" test to see if the central scene was set to tap top ($$GLOBALVAR:ETDeviceValue: = 1000) and, if so, set all switches to 255, else turn them off by setting to 0. You don't need to separately test for the tap bottom since its the only other choice. The event is then as shown below. Be sure to include the indicated colons before and after the ETDeviceValue variable.

UPDATE - I just noticed you also wanted a "device" to be added to HomeSeer to do this. I didn't include that in the event below, but I think if you add your virtual device to each of the ET groups and define its on / off values to be 1000 and 2000 and also define an Alternate On of 255 and Alternate Off of 0 it would work. Basically, the virtual device would be acting both as its own central scene with on/off values of 1000, 2000 and also would respond to the device commands of 255 and 0. I'd need to test this a bit to ensure it doesn't cause a cascade of triggering so I'd also set the "Options" so that the device can't run more than once in 5 seconds or so.

Click image for larger version  Name:	Capture.PNG Views:	1 Size:	148.8 KB ID:	1262065
                        Last edited by jvm; November 26th, 2018, 06:45 AM.

Comment

• Thanks jvm, will try this tonight.

I have no real switches i want to use, just want to toggle a virtual device :-)

Comment

Thanks jvm, will try this tonight.

I have no real switches i want to use, just want to toggle a virtual device :-)
                            I haven't' given much thought to how it would work if all the devices were virtual, but the basic pattern should be applicable - i.e., set up an Easy Trigger group, trigger on the group, use Easy Trigger's global variables to check values and use an If expression based on the ET global variables to choose between the value to set the devices to. Be careful of a cascade if you are using the same device in both the trigger and in the event action (i.e., Setting device A triggers the event which sets device A which triggers the event and on and on) -- use the "options" settings to set "don't run again for 5 seconds" (or some other reasonable value) to avoid a cascade of re-triggering in a scenario where the trigger group and action groups have overlapping members. Using "real" switches with central scenes avoids this as the Central Scene is used for the trigger, but the Binary Switch device is acted upon, so you have to consider that.

UPDATE - I realized I may have over-complicated it. If you aren't concerned about only activating when the switch was physically touched and want to always keep all devices in sync, the following much simpler Event should work (but be sure to set the Cannot Re-Run for setting.

Click image for larger version

Name:	Capture.PNG
Views:	10
Size:	201.4 KB
ID:	1262092

Last edited by jvm; November 26th, 2018, 10:02 AM.

Comment

Cps SceneMaster Plug-in?

Comment

Scene Master plugin might do this.

Check out a script I posted, Composite Device Status. It uses vDevice(s) to show status of multiple other real devices. I haven't yet, but should be able to make the vDevice that shows the status also control on/off. I'll look at adding that this weekend.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Comment

Working...
                                X