Announcement

Collapse

Contacting HomeSeer This Week

HomeSeer is open and operational this week. All orders are being processed and shipped as usual. However, some staff are working from home. If you need to contact HomeSeer for support or customer service, please use our Email or Chat options. https://homeseer.com/contact-us/
See more
See less

Easy Trigger plug-in - Feature Requests

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• cheeryfool
    replied
    Originally posted by mulu View Post
    However, I don't see anything in HS where I can trigger on a particular day of the month or a particular date of the year.
    You can definitely do this.

Add a condition to your event:

AND the Date Is:

Then at the bottom of the calendar date picker there are 3 fields for:

Any Day
    Any Month
    Any Year

So, to run an event on the 3rd day of every month forever, select Any Month, then 3 from the calendar, then Any Year. When you click Done it should show you a selected date of "M/3/Y".

I use these with a time trigger to generate monthly backups and similar

Leave a comment:

• mulu
    replied
    Ah, I now see what Randy meant with the master schedule. I thought this is a schedule that controls other schedules, hence master. Instead, it is a placeholder for other schedules that are being copied into that schedule with the help of the plugin and based on events in HS.

Initially I thought scenario 1 and 2 could be implemented with a similar approach. However, I don't see anything in HS where I can trigger on a particular day of the month or a particular date of the year. Even if it is possible, I probably would have to create 12 such events (1 per month) for the monthly event. On top of that I have to handle the master schedule with the other schedules. This is a very convoluted solution for something that could be made really easy and intuitive. Please consider adding this to the plugin.

Leave a comment:

• spud
    replied
    Originally posted by mulu View Post
    The weekly schedule is very neat and handy. However, what I miss a lot is

1) setting a schedule that happens on certain days of the months
    2) setting a schedule that happens on certain days of the year
    3) setting a schedule that happens over a particular date range each year, i.e. 12/1/xx to 1/7/xx+1. Note the "tricky" part here where the end of the range is in a new year. Some people might also request something like 12/1/17 - 1/7/18. But this could be achieved with 12/1/xx to 1/7/xx+1 by adding a variable Repeat which would simply be set to 1 if the range should be executed only once. The repeating part is nice for instance for holiday lights, etc. The "only once" is good for vacation scheduling.

It seems 1) and 2) haven't really been mentioned yet but something similar to #3 was requested in post #115 and #116. rprade also suggested that this could possibly be done with "Set Schedule to another Schedule". However, based on post #104 I think this is just for copying one schedule into another one.
    Here is how to do 3)

Define 3 schedules as in the screenshot below: one that define when lights should go on during the holyday period, one that define when the lights should go on during the regular period, and one master schedule that can be blank.
    Click image for larger version

Name:	schedules.png
Views:	2
Size:	37.3 KB
ID:	1190629

Then define 2 events to copy the holiday schedule to the master schedule every Dec 1st, and to copy the regular schedule to the master schedule every Jan 7th

Click image for larger version

Name:	setschedule.png
Views:	2
Size:	44.3 KB
ID:	1190628

Then you just need to use the master schedules in your lights logic
    i.e. IF time enters Lights_Master time range THEN turn lights ons
    etc...

I'm sure you can do similar things for 1) and 2) as well

Leave a comment:

• mulu
    replied
    Schedule by Day of Month / Year & Date Ranges

The weekly schedule is very neat and handy. However, what I miss a lot is

1) setting a schedule that happens on certain days of the months
    2) setting a schedule that happens on certain days of the year
    3) setting a schedule that happens over a particular date range each year, i.e. 12/1/xx to 1/7/xx+1. Note the "tricky" part here where the end of the range is in a new year. Some people might also request something like 12/1/17 - 1/7/18. But this could be achieved with 12/1/xx to 1/7/xx+1 by adding a variable Repeat which would simply be set to 1 if the range should be executed only once. The repeating part is nice for instance for holiday lights, etc. The "only once" is good for vacation scheduling.

It seems 1) and 2) haven't really been mentioned yet but something similar to #3 was requested in post #115 and #116. rprade also suggested that this could possibly be done with "Set Schedule to another Schedule". However, based on post #104 I think this is just for copying one schedule into another one.

Leave a comment:

• smokeycoles
    replied
    Cancel all Events

Please can you add:

Cancel All Events within a Group.

Similar to the Homeseer:
    Cancel Another Running Event.

but instead it cancels all events within a Event Group.
    (with a tick box exception for the current event, calling this feature)

I think this would be a very powerful feature.

Thanks
    Chris
    Last edited by smokeycoles; April 18th, 2017, 09:49 AM.

Leave a comment:

• Fischi
    replied
    Originally posted by Fischi View Post
    Hi,
    I have a EasyTrigger schedule called "thermostats 20 degrees".
    This schedule controls my thermostats :

If time enters thermostat 20 degrees time --> set thermostats to 20 degrees,

if time leaves thermostat 20 degrees time --> set thermostat to 16 degrees.

The times for Saturday/Sunday are different from times Monday.....Friday.

Now I want to set the schedule to Sunday time if there is a holiday.

(I have a Virtual On/Off device for holiday/not holiday.

Can anybody tell me how to do this ?

Best regards and Happpy Eastern,

Fischi
    I've found the solution by myself.
    (Set schedule to another schedule in combination with global schedules)

Fischi

Leave a comment:

• Fischi
    replied
    Hi,
    I have a EasyTrigger schedule called "thermostats 20 degrees".
    This schedule controls my thermostats :

If time enters thermostat 20 degrees time --> set thermostats to 20 degrees,

if time leaves thermostat 20 degrees time --> set thermostat to 16 degrees.

The times for Saturday/Sunday are different from times Monday.....Friday.

Now I want to set the schedule to Sunday time if there is a holiday.

(I have a Virtual On/Off device for holiday/not holiday.

Can anybody tell me how to do this ?

Best regards and Happpy Eastern,

Fischi

Leave a comment:

• RJS
    replied
    +1

Leave a comment:

• The Profit
    replied
    Trigger for Unknown Devices

Hello Spud,
    Do you know of a way to trigger based on a device becoming "Unknown Status"? They don't seem to have anything under Status Graphics or the String to use as a trigger when they become Unknown so I thought maybe you might know of a way to accomplish this or could create a new trigger?
    Thank you!

Leave a comment:

• ServiceXp
    replied
    Parsing a string

Here is what I'm trying to do.

Example String:
    mqtt device string looks like this {"progress": 93, "location": "local", "path": "MM_Leg_Stand_PETG.gcode"}

Desired Feature:
    1) Monitor device string, and if device string changes and contains "progress":
    2) Take the "93" from with-in the device string and append another devices string value with it.

Completed Example:
    2nd Device Original String Value: Printing PETG : 11:53 AM
    2nd Device Appended String Value: Printing PETG : 11:53 AM 93%
    Last edited by ServiceXp; March 18th, 2017, 04:44 PM.

Leave a comment:

• mwolter
    replied
    Yes, that is the general idea of how it would work. If the device is in the specified state for the minimum time within a period then the condition would return true.

My particular use case would be to use this function to monitor a motion sensor and turn on a virtual device. So basically the virtual device would turn on to indicate the room is occupied, then off when no motion is sensed for a minimum time in a period. In effect making an 'occupancy sensor' if you will. Not sure if I'm explaining this properly, let me know if you need more info.

This could be added to the trigger 'This device's value has been in the range [X,Y] for exactly...' or to the condition 'This device has been/for at least...' by adding 'in the past' and a time selection function.

See below for an example of how I would use this:

IF: Motion sensor in the garage changes and becomes 'Motion'

OR IF: The event will automatically trigger every... five minutes
    AND IF: Motion has been detected in the garage for five minutes in the past 20 minutes

THEN: Cancel a Delayed Device action for the 'Garage Occupancy Virtual Device'
    THEN: Turn on 'Garage Occupancy Virtual Device'
    THEN: Turn off 'Garage Occupancy Virtual Device' After Waiting: 30 minutes

I can also see many other instances where this function could be useful. For example, this could be used with a temp, humidity, luminescence, wind or other sensors where the value fluctuates and you don't need it triggering immediately but want reliable value.

Leave a comment:

• spud
    replied
    Originally posted by mwolter View Post
    Hi Spud,
    I purchased EasyTrigger and Ecobee (thanks for fixing the fan mode setting a temp hold) and wondering if there was a way to set a condition similar to the title explains? I could have a trigger be a door sensor or light switch and then have an event perform an action if the room was occupied for a certain length of time.

This would be especially handy for motion and door sensors. Especially with motion sensors that turn off if the person is still. I am having an issue where a person goes into a room, sits down, then leaves but the motion sensor is seeing it as two different events.
    I'm not sure to understand the condition and how you would use it?

Let's say for example a device is On for 5 minutes then is Off for 2 minutes (and still currently Off)
    Then the condition "Device in On state for 5 minutes in the past 10 minutes" would return true?
    Please give some example of how you would use that.

Leave a comment:

• mwolter
    replied
    Device in z state for x minutes/hours in the past y minutes/hours/days

Hi Spud,
    I purchased EasyTrigger and Ecobee (thanks for fixing the fan mode setting a temp hold) and wondering if there was a way to set a condition similar to the title explains? I could have a trigger be a door sensor or light switch and then have an event perform an action if the room was occupied for a certain length of time.

This would be especially handy for motion and door sensors. Especially with motion sensors that turn off if the person is still. I am having an issue where a person goes into a room, sits down, then leaves but the motion sensor is seeing it as two different events.

Leave a comment:

• jpick
    replied
    Originally posted by spud View Post
    these functions have been added in version 3.0.0.31

here is a C# example script, in this example the schedule name is "Test"

Code:
    public object Main(object[] Parms)
    {
    	string nextStart = (string) hs.PluginFunction("EasyTrigger", "", "GetScheduleNextTimeRangeStart", new object[] { "Test" });
    	string nextEnd = (string) hs.PluginFunction("EasyTrigger", "", "GetScheduleNextTimeRangeEnd", new object[] { "Test" });

hs.WriteLog("EasyTrigger Script", "Next Start = " + nextStart);
    	hs.WriteLog("EasyTrigger Script", "Next End = " + nextEnd);
    	return 0;
    }

Spud many thanks for these 2 functions. They are fantastic. Also thanks for the sample script which was enormously helpful. I made a slight change to update the string of a virtual device and from there I displayed it onto the HSTouch screen. Exactly what I was wanting to achieve.

Leave a comment:

• rprade
    replied
    Originally posted by spud View Post
    in version 3.0.0.31 available here, there is now an advanced option (you have to be in "Advanced editing mode" to see it) that solves this problem:

[ATTACH]59008[/ATTACH]
    This really helps, as does the event filtering on devices used in Easy Trigger.

Thank you.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X