X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• sirmeili
    replied
    Compare Device's old value to new value.

There is a trigger for checking if a device's value "was X and becomes Y", but I would just like to compare if it is going up or down. This woud be similar to the compare 2 devices values using >,<,=, etc.

So, maybe it could be "Comparison between devices old value and new value" and it would be like:

Device: Old value is [>, <, =, <>, >=, <=] New value (option +/- value?)

Leave a comment:

• rprade
    replied
    Originally posted by S-F View Post
    Yes. Schedules that go beyond the scope of one week would be handy. Personally I never use the schedule functionality of this plugin because I don't have any single need for a schedule that is the same every week of the year.
    I am using the "Set Schedule to Another Schedule" function that Spud added at my request. Then I built a few "global" schedules to be used in events. Then I have several different template schedules for each global schedule that I use events to load. Some are based on work, off work and vacation while others are seasonal. I use them for lighting, power, hot water and heating. It has been working very well.

For holidays I set the occupancy schedule to "non-work" and load the appropriate schedules. Same with vacation and different work schedules.

For holiday lights for example, I have a single schedule and a virtual device that allows them to run within the schedule.

Leave a comment:

• S-F
    replied
    Yes. Schedules that go beyond the scope of one week would be handy. Personally I never use the schedule functionality of this plugin because I don't have any single need for a schedule that is the same every week of the year.

Leave a comment:

• Sean Willoughby
    replied
    Spud,

GREAT plugin! Forgive me if this plugin can already do this, if so i'm not sure how.

Can yo do a schedule with a schedule?

EX:

"Summertime" - between two dates and then run between times on your existing schedules?

The idea is I have certain things run during the holidays, summer, winter, school and then out of school.

Leave a comment:

• rprade
    replied
    Originally posted by spud View Post
    I think you meant: Conditions do NOT need to have a value change

Basically I think the fact that the condition is called "had its value set and is greater than" is a bug, it should be called "is greater than".
    Yes, thank you. It was the result of my typing a response on a phone. It is fixed now.

I think some of the verbiage is confusing on conditions as well. I know it has been brought to Rich's attention and I think there's a Bugzilla on it.

Leave a comment:

• spud
    replied
    Originally posted by rprade View Post
    Yes. Conditions do need to have a value change, they just evaluate the value at the time the trigger is true.
    I think you meant: Conditions do NOT need to have a value change

Basically I think the fact that the condition is called "had its value set and is greater than" is a bug, it should be called "is greater than".

Leave a comment:

• rprade
    replied
    Originally posted by carletondm View Post
    But what if the value has not been set recently? Maybe I'm missing something, but how do you use "had its value set and is greater than" as a condition? I can see it's use as a trigger, but not as a condition. What if the setting of the device's value occurred hours ago? Will that still make the condition true?
    Yes. Conditions do not need to have a value change, they just evaluate the value at the time the trigger is true.
    Last edited by rprade; June 10th, 2016, 02:05 PM.

Leave a comment:

• carletondm
    replied
    But what if the value has not been set recently? Maybe I'm missing something, but how do you use "had its value set and is greater than" as a condition? I can see it's use as a trigger, but not as a condition. What if the setting of the device's value occurred hours ago? Will that still make the condition true?

Leave a comment:

• spud
    replied
    Originally posted by carletondm View Post
    Hi Spud! Thanks for a great plug-in.

How about allowing the use of the math operators when checking a device's value as a condition? For instance, a condition that check to see if a device's value is > 0 or a device's value is = 0 ? This would be useful when I want to see if a dimming node is off or on, regardless of the dimming level (value>0 is ON, value=0 is OFF).

Currently the only condition dependent on a device's value is a comparison to a the value of another device.

Alternatively, I could settle for having as a condition that a device's value is/is not in the range [x,y]

Thanks!

--------
    Denny
    I think you can already do what you want with native conditions, namely the conditions called "This device had its value set and is greater than" and "This device had its value set and is lesser than". The names are confusing but I think when they are used as conditions (after a AND IF) they do simple comparison with a value.

Leave a comment:

• carletondm
    replied
    Hi Spud! Thanks for a great plug-in.

How about allowing the use of the math operators when checking a device's value as a condition? For instance, a condition that check to see if a device's value is > 0 or a device's value is = 0 ? This would be useful when I want to see if a dimming node is off or on, regardless of the dimming level (value>0 is ON, value=0 is OFF).

Currently the only condition dependent on a device's value is a comparison to a the value of another device.

Alternatively, I could settle for having as a condition that a device's value is/is not in the range [x,y]

Thanks!

--------
    Denny
    Last edited by carletondm; June 8th, 2016, 01:30 PM.

Leave a comment:

• rprade
    replied
    In version 3.0.0.27 available here, I have added the "Set Schedule to another Schedule" action
    Thanks. It works great.

The good news: I can really streamline and organize a bunch of time related events.

The bad news: I have a bunch of events to streamline and organize.

Leave a comment:

• spud
    replied
    In version 3.0.0.27 available here, I have added the "Set Schedule to another Schedule" action

Leave a comment:

• rprade
    replied
    I will add a "Set Schedule to another Schedule" action, and I will look into trying to make the schedule widget more user friendly.
    Thanks for offering the features. I use notepad to edit the schedules like this:

Interior Night Level

[Sun Sunset+01:00;Mon 00:00],[Mon 00:00;Mon Sunrise-01:00],
    [Mon Sunset+01:00;Tue Sunrise-01:00],
    [Tue Sunset+01:00;Wed Sunrise-01:00],
    [Wed Sunset+01:00;Thu Sunrise-01:00],
    [Thu Sunset+01:00;Fri Sunrise-01:00],
    [Fri Sunset+01:00;Sat Sunrise-01:00],
    [Sat Sunset+01:00;Sun Sunrise-01:00]

It is easier than trying to use the GUI.

Leave a comment:

• spud
    replied
    I will add a "Set Schedule to another Schedule" action, and I will look into trying to make the schedule widget more user friendly.

Leave a comment:

• NAB
    replied
    Another thing which would be useful is if there were a "copy from previous day" button in the event schedule editor - at the moment, I'm creating Monday and then typing the text into an editor, copying and then editing for Tue/Wed/.... This makes tweaking things complicated and also, if I make a mistake, everything is just blanked out (yes, I know I should take a copy before I submit it, but sometimes I forget!).

It would be so much easier if I could just duplicate the day right within the plugin page.

Nicholas.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X