X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• rprade
    replied
    That's a lot more convenient. Thanks.

Have you thought about the triggers in post #45 above?

Leave a comment:

• spud
    replied
    In version 3.0.0.13 I have added the "Set Device to another Device" action

Leave a comment:

• spud
    replied
    Originally posted by Jon798 View Post
    Hi,

Can I request "not equal to"in the device comparison trigger? I use a whole load of events to control lighting and sometimes after a power cut or if a Z-Wave module misses a command etc. things can get out of sync. I would like to create an event that went:

If Device A's value <> Device B's value then set Device A= Device B (or whatever other action).

Then I can have a manually-run event that polls the lighting modules, then runs events like the one above and makes sure every light is on at the level it's supposed to be...

It would be great if there were a way to use a device value in an action by selecting a device by name from a drop-down rather than having to use replacement variables, which are subject to issues when devices are renamed/deleted & recreated eetc. and for readability of events later on when you come back to try and work out why something isn't behaving as you expected!

Thanks,

Jon.
    In version 3.0.0.12, I added "<>" (i.e. not equal to) as a possible operator for comparing device values

I will probably add the action you suggested in a future version as well

Leave a comment:

• Jon798
    replied
    Hi,

Can I request "not equal to"in the device comparison trigger? I use a whole load of events to control lighting and sometimes after a power cut or if a Z-Wave module misses a command etc. things can get out of sync. I would like to create an event that went:

If Device A's value <> Device B's value then set Device A= Device B (or whatever other action).

Then I can have a manually-run event that polls the lighting modules, then runs events like the one above and makes sure every light is on at the level it's supposed to be...

It would be great if there were a way to use a device value in an action by selecting a device by name from a drop-down rather than having to use replacement variables, which are subject to issues when devices are renamed/deleted & recreated eetc. and for readability of events later on when you come back to try and work out why something isn't behaving as you expected!

Thanks,

Jon.
    Last edited by Jon798; August 25th, 2015, 03:15 AM.

Leave a comment:

• rprade
    replied
    Originally posted by spud View Post
    sorry for the delay
    letting you build time range across Sunday to Monday would be too difficult to do technically, but in version 3.0.0.11 you can now use "Mon 00:00" as an end time. So you can rewrite your example as: [Sun Sunset-01:00;Mon 00:00],[Mon 00:00;Mon Sunrise+01:00] which should be equivalent
    Thanks. That will work.

I have another trigger request that came up in another thread.

Provide a range option and not equal option for "This device has been/for at least..." or "This device has been/for exactly...".

That would allow triggering of events when a light has been in a dimmed condition for a certain period of time. For example:

IF Device has been not equal to OFF for exactly 5m, 0s -or-
    IF Device has been not equal to OFF for at least 5m, 0s -or-
    IF Device has been a value in the range of 1% to ON for exactly 5m, 0s -or-
    IF Device has been a value in the range of 1% to ON for at least 5m, 0s

Leave a comment:

Working...
X