Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Feature Request for Groups: It would be handy to have Triggers/Conditions/Actions for group strings that match the current options for group device values and status.

Examples:

IF any device in group Example Group had its string (changed, changes and becomes, changes and contains, changes and does not contain, changes and matches regular expression)

THEN Set all devices in Example Group strings to (string, $$DTA:variable string:, or regular expression).

Thanks for your consideration,

--Barry

Comment

• Originally posted by ZoRaC View Post
      Any chance to expand the “any device in this group”-triggers to have a “value not changed for exactly x min”?

Use case: get an alert if any of my temperature sensors stops reporting for some reason. I use them for heat-control, so it’s important to know if any of them stops reporting.
      Any chance this will be added?

Comment

• Originally posted by ZoRaC View Post

Any chance this will be added?
        This seems useful, but if added, I'd like to see it include a few variations / options: (1) A "Not Changed" version as proposed; and (2) A "Not Set" version. The "Not Set" may be needed for some use cases -- i.e., the not-working detection use -- because if the device continues to get "set", but to the same value, you wouldn't want to generate a "not working" report.

I'd also suggest there be any / all options ("If any device in group has not been change or set ...", or "If all devices in group have not been change or set ...). For the "If any" option is used, I assume it would populate the "standard" global variables used by ET to identify a triggering device.

I could see this use for the "not working" use case but also a more mundane presence case ("If All [Motion Sensors in a Group] have not changed in 20 minutes AND If all [Motion Sensors in the Group] are set to "No Motion", THEN turn off the lights).

Comment

Working...
        X