Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Easy Trigger plug-in - Feature Requests

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Hi Alex. Yes, I have some Lux conditions, but this is for some specific use cases where I want the light on at a specific time in the dark months for coming home (1700) and for the Garden lights, again I don't want them on at 1600 in the dead of winter, nor coming on at 2130 in the summer months when the days are long!

    I have made n outdoor Lux only sensor using a Light sensor and an Arduino, which saves using an outdoor PIR just to get the ambient light!

    Cheers
    Scott

    Comment


    • Originally posted by ScottRennie View Post
      I want the light on at a specific time in the dark months for coming home
      I connected (via event, actually via AKSmartDevice plugin) the gate sensor to my lights - so when I enter the driveway - the lights turn on. And disabled by light sensor and HS sunset timer:

      Click image for larger version  Name:	Capture3.PNG Views:	0 Size:	280.4 KB ID:	1319982

      Comment


      • Originally posted by spud View Post

        I just ran a few tests: I cannot detect "a string is updated" because when this happen the notification received from HS is actually "a value is updated" .
        So you can use the native trigger "This device just had its value set or changed" to detect a string update.
        Thanks spud, Understood. Will check what i can come up with , but will surely write something so hs support , in the hope they separate those two concepts in the future ...

        Comment


        • Originally posted by teladog01 View Post
          Hi spud,

          Would be very helpful for all of the triggers in "A Device's Value is..." to be available in the "Any Device's Value in Group is..." triggers. I am particularly interested in the ones highlighted below, but seems maybe they should all be available for groups for the sake of completeness, except maybe the comparison one (not sure how that would work)?

          Thanks for considering...

          Click image for larger version Name:	Screenshot 2019-06-09 13.44.24.png Views:	0 Size:	298.6 KB ID:	1309637Hi
          Originally posted by jvm View Post

          I second this one. The Group functions are extremely useful. As further clarity, I'd like to see this as an "if Any in group" and an "If All in group" option, where if the trigger occurs due to the "If Any" you also get the et global parameters set so you can see which one caused the trigger.

          +1 Bump

          spud I'm finding a million uses for the Groups triggers.(Thanks again!!!) In fact, lately I'm probably using groups now more than single device triggers. I would love to have the remaining "missing" triggers available to groups that are available to single devices. Hope you can find time to make this happen for us.

          Thanks,

          --Barry

          Comment


          • Hi spud

            In addition to post #544 above, I have another feature request for Groups: Blink action, which would be used for lights and switches.

            Ideally within the selected group of lights each would turn on/off or off/on depending on the starting state of each device. So if a light (or switch) is already on it, to blink 3 times it would turn off, on, off, on, off and finish back to on. Opposite would apply if the light started at off.

            Parameter options could be:

            Number of blinks
            Number of seconds between each blink

            Thanks in advance for the consideration,

            --Barry

            Comment


            • When creating a group, the selection dialogue box is a fixed width. This makes it quite difficult to select which devices you want in the group as you can't see the full name of the device. Can the size be changed so it displays the full text of each device?
              Click image for larger version

Name:	EasyTriggerScreen.png
Views:	121
Size:	26.9 KB
ID:	1323766




              Comment


              • Originally posted by drhtmal View Post
                When creating a group, the selection dialogue box is a fixed width. This makes it quite difficult to select which devices you want in the group as you can't see the full name of the device. Can the size be changed so it displays the full text of each device?




                What version of HS3 are you running?
                This is supposed to be fixed in recent versions, see https://forums.homeseer.com/forum/ul...w-is-too-small

                Comment


                • Originally posted by spud View Post

                  What version of HS3 are you running?
                  This is supposed to be fixed in recent versions, see https://forums.homeseer.com/forum/ul...w-is-too-small
                  HS3 Pro Edition 3.0.0.534 (Linux)

                  My hs.css is dated and has this

                  Code:
                  -rw-r--r--  1 root root 37893 Jul  8  2015 hs.css
                  
                  
                  /* selector pop-up layout */
                  .selectorleft {width:200px;}
                  .selectorright {width:200px;}
                  .selectorbuttonmoveright {text-align: center;}
                  /*
                  I changed it to the following and rebooted but the problem persists. I even upgraded to version 3.0.0.67.

                  Code:
                  /* selector pop-up layout */
                  /* .selectorleft {width:200px;} */
                  /* .selectorright {width:200px;} */
                  /* selector pop-up layout */
                  .selectorleft {
                      min-width: 200px;
                  }
                  
                  .selectorright {
                      min-width: 200px;
                  }
                  .selectorbuttonmoveright {text-align: center;}

                  Comment


                  • Originally posted by drhtmal View Post

                    HS3 Pro Edition 3.0.0.534 (Linux)

                    My hs.css is dated and has this

                    Code:
                    -rw-r--r-- 1 root root 37893 Jul 8 2015 hs.css
                    
                    
                    /* selector pop-up layout */
                    .selectorleft {width:200px;}
                    .selectorright {width:200px;}
                    .selectorbuttonmoveright {text-align: center;}
                    /*
                    I changed it to the following and rebooted but the problem persists. I even upgraded to version 3.0.0.67.

                    Code:
                    /* selector pop-up layout */
                    /* .selectorleft {min-width:200px;} */
                    /* .selectorright {min-width:200px;} */
                    /* selector pop-up layout */
                    .selectorleft {
                    min-width: 200px;
                    }
                    
                    .selectorright {
                    min-width: 200px;
                    }
                    .selectorbuttonmoveright {text-align: center;}
                    maybe your browser cached the old css, try a "shift + F5" on the web page to refresh everything

                    Comment


                    • I have changed mine long time ago... but was only resolved in hs3 v .548 . drhtmal

                      maybe worth a try if you are not on .548. I am also on linux.


                      ---

                      before that I had to change the devices in groups with my iphone or ipad

                      Comment


                      • I tried it with my wife's Chromebook and it worked. It is not working on my Windows 7 machine running the latest version of Chrome.

                        Version 76.0.3809.132 (Official Build) (64-bit)

                        Comment


                        • I had to clear my browser cache. It works now.

                          Comment


                          • Now that I have EasyTrigger working (thanks for all the helpful suggestions) I have a real feature request.

                            It would be useful to have some filtering on the device selection dialog. Something like the filtering on the Device Management page where we could filter on Floor, Room and Device type.

                            Comment


                            • Originally posted by teladog01 View Post
                              Hi spud,

                              Would be very helpful for all of the triggers in "A Device's Value is..." to be available in the "Any Device's Value in Group is..." triggers. I am particularly interested in the ones highlighted below, but seems maybe they should all be available for groups for the sake of completeness, except maybe the comparison one (not sure how that would work)?

                              Thanks for considering...

                              Click image for larger version Name:	Screenshot 2019-06-09 13.44.24.png Views:	0 Size:	298.6 KB ID:	1309637Hi

                              spud, any chance these Device triggers will be implemented for Groups? I'd appreciate some commentary either way...

                              If there is no plan to implement these triggers for goups, then I will start planning an alternate design for my events. But it they might be implemented in the near future then I will hold out for that since these missing group triggers would dramatically simplify some of the events I'm planning to implement.

                              Comment


                              • Originally posted by teladog01 View Post


                                spud, any chance these Device triggers will be implemented for Groups? I'd appreciate some commentary either way...

                                If there is no plan to implement these triggers for goups, then I will start planning an alternate design for my events. But it they might be implemented in the near future then I will hold out for that since these missing group triggers would dramatically simplify some of the events I'm planning to implement.
                                Sorry for the lack of response.
                                I have them implemented but I need some time to test them a little more. Expect a new beta version in a few days.

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X