Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Would be great to be able to compare the actual time (in a virtual device that updates every minute) vs. a virtual device that has a time set to trigger an event. The specific use case is as an alarm in the morning. Some days, I want the lights to come on at 7:30 and some days 8:00. I'd set a regular schedule (e.g., weekday vs. weekend) and then some events that would enable me to turn off the alarm for a day or until turned back on, ability to easily change the time of the alarm etc... The missing piece that I can't get to work is the comparison of the time in two virtual devices. I've seen so many posts about people wanting to create an alarm function. I can't believe it isn't native in HS4, but easytrigger might be the next logical place for it to be.

Comment

Originally posted by adamgreenberg View Post
      Would be great to be able to compare the actual time (in a virtual device that updates every minute) vs. a virtual device that has a time set to trigger an event. The specific use case is as an alarm in the morning. Some days, I want the lights to come on at 7:30 and some days 8:00. I'd set a regular schedule (e.g., weekday vs. weekend) and then some events that would enable me to turn off the alarm for a day or until turned back on, ability to easily change the time of the alarm etc... The missing piece that I can't get to work is the comparison of the time in two virtual devices. I've seen so many posts about people wanting to create an alarm function.
      Moskus has made a solution for this.
      It’s written in Norwegian, but the screenshots and Google translate should make it understandable:

https://www.hjemmeautomasjon.no/foru...#comment-63553

Comment

Originally posted by ZoRaC View Post

Moskus has made a solution for this.
        It’s written in Norwegian, but the screenshots and Google translate should make it understandable:

https://www.hjemmeautomasjon.no/foru...#comment-63553
        Given I haven't been able to get that script working in HS4, I'd still like for this feature request to be considered

Comment

Another nice time feature would be to specify "earlier of" or "later of", so sunrise and sunset can be used but with a limit. e.g. I want to open my blinds 15 minutes after sunrise, but not before 06:30, and close them at sunset but not later than 21:00.

It could be specified using > and < for example:

>06:30,sunrise+00:15 = later of 06:30 and sunrise+15m
          <21:00,sunset = earlier of 21:00 and sunset

Comment

Originally posted by rge View Post
            Another nice time feature would be to specify "earlier of" or "later of", so sunrise and sunset can be used but with a limit. e.g. I want to open my blinds 15 minutes after sunrise, but not before 06:30, and close them at sunset but not later than 21:00.

It could be specified using > and < for example:

>06:30,sunrise+00:15 = later of 06:30 and sunrise+15m
            <21:00,sunset = earlier of 21:00 and sunset
            Thinking about this a bit more, it could also be done by adding composition of schedules - so a schedule can be created from two others by joining with AND (i.e. only the overlap, which would be my scenario) or OR (combining both).

But it would need to allow composed schedules to be composed further, to cope with both earlier/later and start/end conditions. On the bright side, it would only change when sunrise and sunset change, same as with the other schedules.

Comment

I would add a voice to the 3 other advocates of adding HS4 category support. Even just static groups would be fine. Though I don't think there is any notification when members of a category change, so you might have to add some manual update to your UI and a plug-in call. Just wildly guessing. In any case, it would make categories a lot more useful.

Comment

Working...
              X