Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Easy Trigger plug-in - Feature Requests

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • #61
    Thanks
    That is what i was thinking too but when i looked this morning i couldn't find them in the list (I have a ton of devices so it is hard to find things) so I figured you couldn't do it but I just looked again and found them under counters - timers :-)

    I wish someone would make an plugin to add a search bar at the top of the lists and device page

    Comment


    • #62
      Originally posted by spud View Post
      in version 3.0.0.17 available here I have added the following triggers:
      "This device's value has been in range [X,Y] for exactly..."
      "This device's value has NOT been in range [X,Y] for exactly..."
      Spud,

      These are great additions. Would it be possible to add the corresponding conditions?

      "This device's value has been in range [X,Y] for at least..."
      "This device's value has NOT been in range [X,Y] for at least..."

      Comment


      • #63
        Originally posted by teladog01 View Post
        Spud,

        These are great additions. Would it be possible to add the corresponding conditions?

        "This device's value has been in range [X,Y] for at least..."
        "This device's value has NOT been in range [X,Y] for at least..."
        I would love to, but unfortunately I don't think that's possible right now because there is no GetConditions function in the HS API. So, when you start the plugin it would not be able to know which devices it needs to track and for what range.

        I will ask if this function can be added to the HS API

        Comment


        • #64
          Ranges for trigger "This device's value was and becomes"

          Could you add ranges to the trigger "This device's value was and becomes"? For example, "Device X was in the range 1..5 and becomes in the range 6..10".

          Also, I noticed that if a device has range values, the trigger only lists the first value in the range. For example, the values listed for a dimming light are "On Last Level", "On", "Off", and "Dim 1%". The other dim values are missing. Is this a bug?

          Comment


          • #65
            Originally posted by spud View Post
            I would love to, but unfortunately I don't think that's possible right now because there is no GetConditions function in the HS API. So, when you start the plugin it would not be able to know which devices it needs to track and for what range.

            I will ask if this function can be added to the HS API
            Ah, fair enough. Thanks for looking into it.

            Comment


            • #66
              Originally posted by matthewb View Post
              I would like to see a three Triggers for
              1. The devices Status does not change for a period of time" then a selector for days/hours/minutes/seconds.
              2. The devices Value does not change for a period of time" then a selector for days/hours/minutes/seconds.
              3. The devices String does not change for a period of time" then a selector for days/hours/minutes/seconds.

              It seems this would make adding watchdog/heartbeat checks much easier to accomplish.
              in version 3.0.0.18, available here
              I have added the trigger "This device's value has NOT changed for exactly..."

              Comment


              • #67
                Originally posted by teladog01 View Post
                Could you add ranges to the trigger "This device's value was and becomes"? For example, "Device X was in the range 1..5 and becomes in the range 6..10".

                Also, I noticed that if a device has range values, the trigger only lists the first value in the range. For example, the values listed for a dimming light are "On Last Level", "On", "Off", and "Dim 1%". The other dim values are missing. Is this a bug?
                yeah it's bug, I will add the possibility to enter ranges and fix the bug

                Comment


                • #68
                  I have a specific need for dimmable devices that could be helped by setting to a device or variable +/- a percentage.

                  I have some LED strips controlled by PWM and because each LED color produces a different output luminance at a given pulse width, to create White, blue needs to be about 20% down and green about 13% down from red. I would like to make a master level virtual device, so that I could raise and lower the dim level of the LEDs and maintain a similar color balance. +

                  This also would allow a virtual device to control the relative dim level of a number of devices, always keeping the same level relationship to one another.
                  .
                  Attached Files
                  Last edited by rprade; December 18th, 2015, 12:11 PM.
                  Randy Prade
                  Aurora, CO
                  Prades.net

                  PHLocation - Pushover - EasyTrigger - UltraECM3 - Ultra1Wire3 - Arduino

                  Comment


                  • #69
                    I don't think this is currently in there, but I would like to request a new condition: A devices value has changed to X in the last X time span. This is similar to the Trigger "A devices value has been [value] for at least/exactly [timespan], however it checks if it has been a value for less than a specified amount of time instead of if it has been longer.

                    For example:

                    Trigger: The Garage door was closed
                    Condition: The Garage Lights were changed to On (value) in the last 5 minutes (time span).

                    It could also be written:
                    Trigger: The Garage door was closed
                    Condition: The Garage Lights has been On (value) for no more than 5 minutes (time span).

                    Thanks,
                    Frank
                    Thanks,
                    Frank

                    Comment


                    • #70
                      What about a condition for if a device value has changed and is increasing / decreasing by +/- x?

                      I was thinking of using this with my temperature monitoring of my freezer's and refrigerator's.

                      I have been trying to figure out a way to easier way to check for "temperature is greater than x... and is increasing or decreasing" so I know how concerned I should be.

                      Len

                      Comment


                      • #71
                        Originally posted by sirmeili View Post
                        I don't think this is currently in there, but I would like to request a new condition: A devices value has changed to X in the last X time span. This is similar to the Trigger "A devices value has been [value] for at least/exactly [timespan], however it checks if it has been a value for less than a specified amount of time instead of if it has been longer.

                        For example:

                        Trigger: The Garage door was closed
                        Condition: The Garage Lights were changed to On (value) in the last 5 minutes (time span).

                        It could also be written:
                        Trigger: The Garage door was closed
                        Condition: The Garage Lights has been On (value) for no more than 5 minutes (time span).

                        Thanks,
                        Frank
                        This one is not possible to implement because AFAIK there is no way to get a list of all the conditions from the HS3 API, so the plugin can't know what devices to monitor.

                        Comment


                        • #72
                          Originally posted by spud View Post
                          This one is not possible to implement because AFAIK there is no way to get a list of all the conditions from the HS3 API, so the plugin can't know what devices to monitor.
                          Why do you need a list of all the conditions? (serious question). So you already have a condition called "Easy Trigger: A Devices Value is...". Then in the next dropdown you have a list of options (Well 1 option). Could you not have an option that says "This devices has been/For at most..."? Then all the plugin has to do is check if the value is correct and do a date/time span on the last time the value changed.

                          Understand, that it may be one of those times where doing something seems really easy, but in actually it's really hard (as a developer, I do understand this). I'm just wanting to make sure you understand the request.
                          Thanks,
                          Frank

                          Comment


                          • #73
                            Originally posted by sirmeili View Post
                            Then all the plugin has to do is check if the value is correct and do a date/time span on the last time the value changed.
                            To know the last time the value changed, I have to monitor the device for changes. So the plugin needs to know which devices to monitor when you start the plugin, thus the plugin needs to retrieve all the conditions at startup.

                            Comment


                            • #74
                              Originally posted by rprade View Post
                              I have a specific need for dimmable devices that could be helped by setting to a device or variable +/- a percentage.

                              I have some LED strips controlled by PWM and because each LED color produces a different output luminance at a given pulse width, to create White, blue needs to be about 20% down and green about 13% down from red. I would like to make a master level virtual device, so that I could raise and lower the dim level of the LEDs and maintain a similar color balance. +

                              This also would allow a virtual device to control the relative dim level of a number of devices, always keeping the same level relationship to one another.
                              .
                              Instead of adding specific operation like this one, I think I'm going to add a "Set Device to Expression" where you can use simple mathematical operations with global variables like for example:
                              $$DVR:123: + $$DVR:345: * 2 / 100

                              Comment


                              • #75
                                Originally posted by spud View Post
                                Instead of adding specific operation like this one, I think I'm going to add a "Set Device to Expression" where you can use simple mathematical operations with global variables like for example:
                                $$DVR:123: + $$DVR:345: * 2 / 100
                                Perfect! And flexible.
                                Randy Prade
                                Aurora, CO
                                Prades.net

                                PHLocation - Pushover - EasyTrigger - UltraECM3 - Ultra1Wire3 - Arduino

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X