X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Trigger for Unknown Devices

Hello Spud,
    Do you know of a way to trigger based on a device becoming "Unknown Status"? They don't seem to have anything under Status Graphics or the String to use as a trigger when they become Unknown so I thought maybe you might know of a way to accomplish this or could create a new trigger?
    Thank you!
    HS4 4.2.6.0 &HSTouch Designer 3.0.80
    Plugin's:
    BLBackup, BLOccupied, BLShutdown, EasyTrigger, Ecobee, Nest, AK Bond
    EnvisaLink DSC, PHLocation, Pushover, SONOS, Blue Iris, UltraRachio3,
    weatherXML, Jon00 Alexa Helper, Network Monitor, MyQ, Z-Wave

Comment

+1

Comment

Hi,
        I have a EasyTrigger schedule called "thermostats 20 degrees".
        This schedule controls my thermostats :

If time enters thermostat 20 degrees time --> set thermostats to 20 degrees,

if time leaves thermostat 20 degrees time --> set thermostat to 16 degrees.

The times for Saturday/Sunday are different from times Monday.....Friday.

Now I want to set the schedule to Sunday time if there is a holiday.

(I have a Virtual On/Off device for holiday/not holiday.

Can anybody tell me how to do this ?

Best regards and Happpy Eastern,

Fischi

Comment

Originally posted by Fischi View Post
          Hi,
          I have a EasyTrigger schedule called "thermostats 20 degrees".
          This schedule controls my thermostats :

If time enters thermostat 20 degrees time --> set thermostats to 20 degrees,

if time leaves thermostat 20 degrees time --> set thermostat to 16 degrees.

The times for Saturday/Sunday are different from times Monday.....Friday.

Now I want to set the schedule to Sunday time if there is a holiday.

(I have a Virtual On/Off device for holiday/not holiday.

Can anybody tell me how to do this ?

Best regards and Happpy Eastern,

Fischi
          I've found the solution by myself.
          (Set schedule to another schedule in combination with global schedules)

Fischi

Comment

Cancel all Events

Please can you add:

Cancel All Events within a Group.

Similar to the Homeseer:
            Cancel Another Running Event.

but instead it cancels all events within a Event Group.
            (with a tick box exception for the current event, calling this feature)

I think this would be a very powerful feature.

Thanks
            Chris
            Last edited by smokeycoles; April 18, 2017, 09:49 AM.

Comment

Schedule by Day of Month / Year & Date Ranges

The weekly schedule is very neat and handy. However, what I miss a lot is

1) setting a schedule that happens on certain days of the months
              2) setting a schedule that happens on certain days of the year
              3) setting a schedule that happens over a particular date range each year, i.e. 12/1/xx to 1/7/xx+1. Note the "tricky" part here where the end of the range is in a new year. Some people might also request something like 12/1/17 - 1/7/18. But this could be achieved with 12/1/xx to 1/7/xx+1 by adding a variable Repeat which would simply be set to 1 if the range should be executed only once. The repeating part is nice for instance for holiday lights, etc. The "only once" is good for vacation scheduling.

It seems 1) and 2) haven't really been mentioned yet but something similar to #3 was requested in post #115 and #116. rprade also suggested that this could possibly be done with "Set Schedule to another Schedule". However, based on post #104 I think this is just for copying one schedule into another one.

Comment

Originally posted by mulu View Post
                The weekly schedule is very neat and handy. However, what I miss a lot is

1) setting a schedule that happens on certain days of the months
                2) setting a schedule that happens on certain days of the year
                3) setting a schedule that happens over a particular date range each year, i.e. 12/1/xx to 1/7/xx+1. Note the "tricky" part here where the end of the range is in a new year. Some people might also request something like 12/1/17 - 1/7/18. But this could be achieved with 12/1/xx to 1/7/xx+1 by adding a variable Repeat which would simply be set to 1 if the range should be executed only once. The repeating part is nice for instance for holiday lights, etc. The "only once" is good for vacation scheduling.

It seems 1) and 2) haven't really been mentioned yet but something similar to #3 was requested in post #115 and #116. rprade also suggested that this could possibly be done with "Set Schedule to another Schedule". However, based on post #104 I think this is just for copying one schedule into another one.
                Here is how to do 3)

Define 3 schedules as in the screenshot below: one that define when lights should go on during the holyday period, one that define when the lights should go on during the regular period, and one master schedule that can be blank.
                Click image for larger version

Name:	schedules.png
Views:	2
Size:	37.3 KB
ID:	1190629

Then define 2 events to copy the holiday schedule to the master schedule every Dec 1st, and to copy the regular schedule to the master schedule every Jan 7th

Click image for larger version

Name:	setschedule.png
Views:	2
Size:	44.3 KB
ID:	1190628

Then you just need to use the master schedules in your lights logic
                i.e. IF time enters Lights_Master time range THEN turn lights ons
                etc...

I'm sure you can do similar things for 1) and 2) as well

Comment

Ah, I now see what Randy meant with the master schedule. I thought this is a schedule that controls other schedules, hence master. Instead, it is a placeholder for other schedules that are being copied into that schedule with the help of the plugin and based on events in HS.

Initially I thought scenario 1 and 2 could be implemented with a similar approach. However, I don't see anything in HS where I can trigger on a particular day of the month or a particular date of the year. Even if it is possible, I probably would have to create 12 such events (1 per month) for the monthly event. On top of that I have to handle the master schedule with the other schedules. This is a very convoluted solution for something that could be made really easy and intuitive. Please consider adding this to the plugin.

Comment

Originally posted by mulu View Post
                    However, I don't see anything in HS where I can trigger on a particular day of the month or a particular date of the year.
                    You can definitely do this.

Add a condition to your event:

AND the Date Is:

Then at the bottom of the calendar date picker there are 3 fields for:

Any Day
                    Any Month
                    Any Year

So, to run an event on the 3rd day of every month forever, select Any Month, then 3 from the calendar, then Any Year. When you click Done it should show you a selected date of "M/3/Y".

I use these with a time trigger to generate monthly backups and similar
                    cheeryfool

Comment

I have lot of battery motion sensors and other devices that do not have a great management feature that report that it has run out of battery or that a plugin has stopped functioning. I purchased Easy trigger although I did not use it full prudential jet, so please forgive me if it is already part of this plugin. I'm looking to query on the device "Last Change" and if it did not change for x minutes or hours, then do something. Is this something that the plugin already does and if not, would it be possible to implement it in the next feature release?

By the way, I own most of your plugin, excellent job.
                      Thanks,
                      Aldo

Comment

Add "*" and "/" options to "Set Device to another Device" action

Spud,

Would it be possible to add multiply and divide options to the "Set Device to another Device" action, similar to the add and subtract options that already exist?

My use case for this would be for conversion when setting a device that uses 0-255 for dim values (e.g. Philips Hue) to a device that uses 0-100 for dim values.

Thanks for considering.

Comment

Originally posted by teladog01 View Post
                          Spud,

Would it be possible to add multiply and divide options to the "Set Device to another Device" action, similar to the add and subtract options that already exist?

My use case for this would be for conversion when setting a device that uses 0-255 for dim values (e.g. Philips Hue) to a device that uses 0-100 for dim values.

Thanks for considering.
                          you can already do this using the "Set Device to Expression" action, see the example in the user guide: https://forums.homeseer.com/showthre...27#post1182227

Comment

Originally posted by spud View Post
                            you can already do this using the "Set Device to Expression" action, see the example in the user guide: https://forums.homeseer.com/showthre...27#post1182227
                            Thanks, Spud, forgot about that.

Comment

Spud,

Thanks for a great plugin which I keep finding more uses for.

I can call the plugin functions GetSchedule and SetSchedule fine from a script but I would like to create a new schedule. Is it possible for SetSchedule to create a new schedule if the schedule name doesn't already exist? Alternatively expose another function to create a new schedule?

Thanks,

Steve

Comment

Excellent plugin Spud, thanks.

Would it be possible to include a function to evaluate your 'The time is in this week schedule time range' conditions in your "Set Device to Expression" action?

I'm hoping to conditionally set a device's value based on whether the time is within a schedule. If I could do something like this it would save me from creating and debugging several events with many pages full of If AND THEN's:
                                Code:
                                  if(TimeIn($$ETS:125:), $$DVR:90, $$DVR:91)
                                where $$ETS:125 is Easy Trigger Schedule #125 and $$DVR:90 & $$DVR:91 are the virtual devices for setback and normal temperature

Or even this:
                                Code:
                                  if(TimeIn($$ETS:125:), $$DVR:90, if(TimeIn($$ETS:126:), $$DVR:91, $$DVR:92))
                                The idea is I want to have a setback temperature for a bedroom heater, a sleep time temperature and schedule (e.g. 11pm to 5am) and a going to bed/getting up temperature and schedule (e.g. 10pm to 11pm and 5am to 7am).

Thanks,
                                Phil

Comment

Working...
                                X