Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I'm not sure it's possible but I'd love if there was an event trigger for when homeseer or an addon update was available
    HS4 Pro on Shuttle NC10U, Win10; Z-NET
    Number of Devices: 1005
    Number of Events: 293

Plug-Ins: BLLock, DirecTv, EasyTrigger, Honeywell WiFi Thermostat, Marquis monoprice Amp, MeiHarmonyHub, PHLocation2, Pushover 3P, UltraM1G3, rnbWeather, Worx Landroid, Z-Wave

External applications: Homebridge-homeseer, Geofency, EgiGeoZone.

Comment

Originally posted by andyf View Post
      All my Z-Wave battery nodes report a capacity in %. It is possible for a battery to skip % values between reports so having to trigger on an absolute value is somewhat limiting. It would be nice if you could add a "greater than" and "less than" to this new trigger.
      in version 3.0.0.36 (available in updater in Beta section), I have added "not equal to", "greter than" and "less than" options:

Click image for larger version

Name:	groupvaluesubtriggers.png
Views:	1
Size:	22.2 KB
ID:	1192090

Comment

Originally posted by spud View Post
        in version 3.0.0.36 (available in updater in Beta section), I have added "not equal to", "greter than" and "less than" options:
        This is really great! I have multiple motion sensors for occupancy detection - with the new group option I could remove multiple messy IFs - now have just one event condition!
        Thanks again.

Comment

Originally posted by alexbk66 View Post
          This is really great! I have multiple motion sensors for occupancy detection - with the new group option I could remove multiple messy IFs - now have just one event condition!
          Thanks again.
          You want something really useful... Combine this easy trigger feature with my Composite Devices script. Then you can have a vDevice that tells you exactly which physical devices are tripped, open, etc.

Composite Device Status script... https://forums.homeseer.com/showthread.php?t=189986
          Last edited by Ltek; August 30, 2017, 10:18 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Ltek View Post
            You want something really useful... Combine this easy trigger feature with my Composite Devices script
            There's also BLRadar plugin... Regarding the script - it's nor really reusable, unfortunately as it's designed for your particular setup.
            I'm actually trying to write a plugin myself for creating generic composite devices since HS isn't very 'user friendly'. Funny enough I was thinking of 'Composite Device' name for this plugin
            But I'm pretty new to HS, so it's a bit of learning to create a plugin

Comment

[ATTACH]63043[/ATTACH]
              Would it be possible to augment this useful addition to include triggers and conditions for ALL items in a group? Unless I am missing something there is no way to do this.

Such as ALL devices in the group Motion are equal to 0 or ALL devices in group Door are equal to 0. Alternately it could be if no devices in group motion are equal to 1.

This would be useful to detect if all motion has ended or all doors and windows are closed.
              HS4 Pro, 4.2.19.0 Windows 10 pro, Supermicro LP Xeon

Comment

Can you clarify why my script it is not "reusable"?

Setup is DEAD SIMPLE and only 5 minutes. I've automated more than many plugins do.
                The script is can be customized to any use case. with vDevices and variables you can use grouping criteria (based on any text/words the user defines)

BLRadar plugin is totally different than my script. Does others stuff, not what my script does.

My script is made to group similar devices into a single status device while showing (status text) what devices are tripped.

Originally posted by alexbk66 View Post
                There's also BLRadar plugin... Regarding the script - it's nor really reusable, unfortunately as it's designed for your particular setup.
                I'm actually trying to write a plugin myself for creating generic composite devices since HS isn't very 'user friendly'. Funny enough I was thinking of 'Composite Device' name for this plugin
                But I'm pretty new to HS, so it's a bit of learning to create a plugin

Comment

Originally posted by rprade View Post
                  Would it be possible to augment this useful addition to include triggers and conditions for ALL items in a group? Unless I am missing something there is no way to do this.

Such as ALL devices in the group Motion are equal to 0 or ALL devices in group Door are equal to 0. Alternately it could be if no devices in group motion are equal to 1.

This would be useful to detect if all motion has ended or all doors and windows are closed.
                  my script does exactly what you are asking for
                  Composite Device Status script... https://forums.homeseer.com/showthread.php?t=189986

Comment

Simulate 1,2,3 switch presses

Is there a way to add a feature to easy trigger that would allow for the recognition of 1,2 or 3 "on" or "off" presses of a regular z-wave switch to simulate what the HS switches do?

Comment

Originally posted by Ltek View Post
                      my script does exactly what you are asking for
                      I also use a number of scripts, storing currently open doors and windows in virtual devices. My suggestion to Spud for "ALL" in addition to "ANY" was to make his plug-in have more value for other users. I'm sure there are many who would like to handle this within an event rather than having to create or edit a script.
                      HS4 Pro, 4.2.19.0 Windows 10 pro, Supermicro LP Xeon

Comment

Originally posted by rprade View Post
                        I also use a number of scripts, storing currently open doors and windows in virtual devices. My suggestion to Spud for "ALL" in addition to "ANY" was to make his plug-in have more value for other users. I'm sure there are many who would like to handle this within an event rather than having to create or edit a script.
                        Yup, gotcha

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G935A using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by cowinger View Post
                          Is there a way to add a feature to easy trigger that would allow for the recognition of 1,2 or 3 "on" or "off" presses of a regular z-wave switch to simulate what the HS switches do?
                          Wanted to bring this back to see if there is a way to do this.

Comment

Originally posted by cowinger View Post
                            Wanted to bring this back to see if there is a way to do this.
                            Even if we had a way to trigger based on a sequence of changes, I don't think it would be very user friendly with regular Zwave switch because you would have to wait for Homeseer to see multiples on/off changes.

Comment

Even if we had a way to trigger based on a sequence of changes, I don't think it would be very user friendly with regular Zwave switch because you would have to wait for Homeseer to see multiples on/off changes.
                              Ok, I see what you mean. It would trigger off of the first switch change and basically be like turning the switch on, on or off, off. Is that you mean? Plus I think you are saying that there would be a significant delay.

Comment

Counter triggers

Spud,
                                Is it possible to create a time based trigger for counters? For example, if a counter has been greater than 0 for more than X minutes?

I've searched around the forum for a good way to turn HVAC on/off based on doors/windows being open for a certain amount of time, I've found one that start and stopped a timer but I've also read timers can be troublesome.
                                HS4 4.2.6.0 &HSTouch Designer 3.0.80
                                Plugin's:
                                BLBackup, BLOccupied, BLShutdown, EasyTrigger, Ecobee, Nest, AK Bond
                                EnvisaLink DSC, PHLocation, Pushover, SONOS, Blue Iris, UltraRachio3,
                                weatherXML, Jon00 Alexa Helper, Network Monitor, MyQ, Z-Wave

Comment

Working...
                                X