X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by The Profit View Post
    Spud,
    Is it possible to create a time based trigger for counters? For example, if a counter has been greater than 0 for more than X minutes?

I've searched around the forum for a good way to turn HVAC on/off based on doors/windows being open for a certain amount of time, I've found one that start and stopped a timer but I've also read timers can be troublesome.
    Counters and Timers now appear in HS as devices, so you can use time based trigger for devices to do what you want.

Comment

Originally posted by spud View Post
      Counters and Timers now appear in HS as devices, so you can use time based trigger for devices to do what you want.
      HS4 4.2.6.0 &HSTouch Designer 3.0.80
      Plugin's:
      BLBackup, BLOccupied, BLShutdown, EasyTrigger, Ecobee, Nest, AK Bond
      EnvisaLink DSC, PHLocation, Pushover, SONOS, Blue Iris, UltraRachio3,
      weatherXML, Jon00 Alexa Helper, Network Monitor, MyQ, Z-Wave

Comment

@SPUD
        For sequencing Events (using Event last run time, etc), MrHappy point out the below. Maybe there are same properties on Devices?

Code:
        Public Structure strEventData
            Public Event_Ref As Integer' The event reference ID number.
            Public Event_Name As String' The event name
            Public Event_Type As String' The event type, if used.
            Public GroupID As Integer' The event group reference ID number.
            Public GroupName As String' The event group name.
            Public UserNote As String' The user's note contents.
            Public Last_Triggered As Date' The time the event was last triggered or 
            '  Date.MinValue if it has not been triggerd before.
            Public Retrigger_Delay As TimeSpan' If the event is prevented from triggering within a given amount of time,
            '  this timespan will contain that time period.
            Public Flag_Enabled As Boolean' True if the event is enabled for automatic triggering.
            Public Flag_Delete_After_Trigger As Boolean' True if the event is deleted from the system after it triggers.
            Public Flag_Do_Not_Log As Boolean' True if the event is set to not log information when it is triggered.
            Public Flag_Delayed_Event As Boolean' True if the event was created as a result of a delayed action or trigger.
            Public Flag_Include_in_Powerfail As Boolean' True if the event is to be included in powerfailure recovery.
            Public Flag_Security As Boolean' True if the event trigger(s) can be modified by a random amount 
            '  when the security feature is enabled.
            Public Flag_Priority_Event As Boolean' True if the event is set to not have its execution queued.
            Public Action_Count' The number of actions in this event.
            Public Actions As String()' The list (array) of actions in action_type : action_name format.
            Public Trigger_Count As Integer' The total number of triggers and conditions in this event.
            Public Trigger_Group_Count As Integer' The number of trigger groups (If / Or If) in the event.
            Public Trigger_Groups As strEventTriggerGroupData()' The list (array of structure) of triggers in each trigger group.
        End Structure

Comment

Originally posted by rprade View Post
          Would it be possible to augment this useful addition to include triggers and conditions for ALL items in a group? Unless I am missing something there is no way to do this.

Such as ALL devices in the group Motion are equal to 0 or ALL devices in group Door are equal to 0. Alternately it could be if no devices in group motion are equal to 1.

This would be useful to detect if all motion has ended or all doors and windows are closed.
          As discussed, in version 3.0.0.37 (available in Beta section of the updater), I have added the ALL option for conditions only:

Click image for larger version

Name:	anyallconditions.png
Views:	1
Size:	11.8 KB
ID:	1192423

Comment

As discussed, in version 3.0.0.37 (available in Beta section of the updater), I have added the ALL option for conditions only:

[ATTACH]63532[/ATTACH]
            Thank you. It works as expected on some initial testing. I think it will be useful as a door/window/motion check.

Using it in conjunction with a trigger for any device in the group having changed

Name:	Capture.jpg
Size:	69.3 KB
ID:	1192424
            HS4 Pro, 4.2.19.0 Windows 10 pro, Supermicro LP Xeon

Comment

Spud
              I just looked for .37 in the BETA section and I am only seeing .36 which doesn't have the ALL condition. I guess Randy was able to grab it, but I definitely can't see it there.
              cheeryfool

Comment

Originally posted by cheeryfool View Post
                Spud
                I just looked for .37 in the BETA section and I am only seeing .36 which doesn't have the ALL condition. I guess Randy was able to grab it, but I definitely can't see it there.
                I can see it in the BETA section.
                Have you refreshed the list by clicking the "Update Listing" button?

Comment

I can see it in the BETA section.
                  Have you refreshed the list by clicking the "Update Listing" button?
                  Yes, I had, several times. Never saw it yesterday, but trying again today it showed up first attempt. Just updated it, thanks!
                  cheeryfool

Comment

I may have missed this, but in Events "A Devices String Contains" is the string case sensitive? If so, any chance of a sensitivity option? Sometimes triggers are missed if there's a case typo. Alternatively a boolean option in the string field such as AND OR between strings, so I could do "Test" OR "tEST" OR "test"

Cheers
                    Scott

Comment

Originally posted by ScottRennie View Post
                      I may have missed this, but in Events "A Devices String Contains" is the string case sensitive? If so, any chance of a sensitivity option? Sometimes triggers are missed if there's a case typo. Alternatively a boolean option in the string field such as AND OR between strings, so I could do "Test" OR "tEST" OR "test"

Cheers
                      Scott
                      I will add a case sensitivity option

Comment

I will add a case sensitivity option
                        That's great, Cheers Spud

Comment

I found a use for "Easy Trigger: A device's Value is... Comparison between 2 device values is false".

I want to set a device to a virtual device after a certain device has been at a value for at least 60 minutes. I want this event to run even if HomeSeer has been restarted, so an "Exactly" trigger is not appropriate. I want a condition to only allow the event to run if the real device is different than the virtual device.

Since I am setting a device to a virtual device, there is currently no way to condition the event to run only if the two devices are not the same value.

Comment

Originally posted by rprade View Post
                            I found a use for "Easy Trigger: A device's Value is... Comparison between 2 device values is false".

I want to set a device to a virtual device after a certain device has been at a value for at least 60 minutes. I want this event to run even if HomeSeer has been restarted, so an "Exactly" trigger is not appropriate. I want a condition to only allow the event to run if the real device is different than the virtual device.

Since I am setting a device to a virtual device, there is currently no way to condition the event to run only if the two devices are not the same value.
                            not sure I'm following, there is already a "Not equal" operator "<>" in the list of operators for the "Comparison between 2 device values is true".

Comment

not sure I'm following, there is already a "Not equal" operator "<>" in the list of operators for the "Comparison between 2 device values is true".
                              My bad! I neglected to drill down on that condition. I’ve used it before, just had a brain failure this morning. Disregard the request.

Comment

Originally posted by ScottRennie View Post

Cheers
                                Scott
                                I added a "case insensitive" option to the device's string triggers and conditions in version 3.0.0.40

Name:	caseinsensitive.png
Size:	6.8 KB
ID:	1192644

Comment

Working...
                                X