X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

@SPUD

Originally posted by alexbk66 View Post
    Is it possible for triggers like "Any device whose Type is XXX was set" to add a global variable with the device ref which caused the trigger?
    ...adding to this with an ask to add auto-creation of Device Groups based on rule/filter values. If Device Groups used rules to auto-create we could do VERY cool stuff.

Rules like...

Device's TYPE is <type> and VALUE is/not <ON/OFF/etc>
    Device's ROOM is/not <LOC>
    Device's FLOOR is/not <LOC2>

Example...

Device Group name: "Guest Room Lights"
    where Device Room = 'Guest Room'
    where Device Type = 'Z-Wave Switch Binary' or 'ISY Dimmer' or 'ISY Scene'
    where Device Value != 'OFF' or '0'

Then we could create super flexible events like...

'Guest Room Motion Sensor' = true
    and
    Any Device in "Guest Room Lights" where Value is not 'On'
    then
    "Guest Room Lights" Control Device Group, Set Value to 'On'

Comment

Originally posted by Ltek View Post
      ask to add auto-creation of Device Groups based on rule/filter values. If Device Groups used rules to auto-create we could do VERY cool stuff
      Pretty cool idea. Just needs to be configurable, the best would be to have a check box "create device group" when creating the trigger, not sure it's possible though. Otherwise it will create a new device every time you experiment with events.

Comment

Could you add the trigger for if a device has changed within the last xxx? I was planning on using this specifically for some occupancy scenarios like if the phone status changes to online and if the location has changed to near home within the last five minutes then change to home. Another scenario would be if motion is detected and the doors have changed status in the last xxx then xxx.

Comment

Just started using this plug-in - and I absolutely LOVE it. I have been on Homeseer for a couple of years, and looking back I have no idea how I ever survived without this. I am busy going through all of my events now, looking for ways to simplify and consolidate them using all the new triggers!

One thing I would like to request is a larger Group Window. Some of my device names are quite long, and I cannot see what they are in the current window:

Right now, for those items I cannot see, I just edit the ini file manually, but a larger window would make things even easier!
          Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by bebaldin View Post
            Just started using this plug-in - and I absolutely LOVE it. I have been on Homeseer for a couple of years, and looking back I have no idea how I ever survived without this. I am busy going through all of my events now, looking for ways to simplify and consolidate them using all the new triggers!

One thing I would like to request is a larger Group Window. Some of my device names are quite long, and I cannot see what they are in the current window:

Right now, for those items I cannot see, I just edit the ini file manually, but a larger window would make things even easier!
            Glad you like it

To make the selector window larger, read this post: https://forums.homeseer.com/showthre...=191142&page=3

the fix should be in an HS3 official release soon.

Comment

Originally posted by spud View Post
              Glad you like it

To make the selector window larger, read this post: https://forums.homeseer.com/showthre...=191142&page=3

the fix should be in an HS3 official release soon.
              That took care of it. Thank you!

Comment

New Feature Request

I am looking for a way to take a group of devices (lets use temperature sensors as an example) and if any of the devices reach a threshold, to trigger an output (Pushover, e-mail, etc.) using a single event.

Right now, I literally have hundreds of events tasked with notifying me of various conditions of the house (temperature, motion, doors, windows, tamper, glass break, etc.). I am looking for a way to greatly simplify this. For example, I have 21 Aeotec temperature sensors. Each will send me a notification if the temperature in the area exceeds a certain value, and again if that value falls below the threshold. Right now, I have 21 events above, and 21 events below. The same is true for my locks, doors, windows, etc.

I can group all of the devices together in EasyTrigger, but I cannot figure out a way to take the input from one device and plug its information into output with Pushover. What I want is something like this for the message:

Message Title: HIGH TEMPERATURE ALARM at <device name>.
                Message Body: High Temperature detected at <device name>. Temperature is currently <value for specific device>. Please investigate ASAP.
                Message Priority: Emergency
                Message Sound: Siren
                Application: Homeseer (Alerts).

The variables would be substituted by the specific device that triggered the alarm, chosen from the list of devices defined by the ET group. This would reduce the events just for temperature from 42 to 1 or 2, depending on whether you wanted different wording for alarm or normal in the message.

This would seem to be something that everyone would benefit from, but I just don't know how to make it work. It really only requires a couple of pieces of information to be plugged into the template message, but I am stumped how to make it happen. I am actually surprised that HomeSeer itself does not have this functionality built right in, since it would make huge differences in the numbers of events you would have to create and maintain. I would think that would help to reduce overhead at least a little bit if you could reduce as many of these repetitive template-like events down to a single one.

I envision using ET groups to greatly simplify maintenance on my Homeseer setup, especially where making a single device change such as removing and adding a new device would not result in having to find and make changes to a dozen events. Instead, I could just open up the group, remove the old device and add the new one, and everything connected to that group would be updated in one action.

Comment

This is a good idea. Maybe the plug-in could create three global variables based on the triggering device when a group triggers: ETDeviceName, ETDeviceValue, ETDeviceStatus. Then replacement variables $$GLOBALVAR:ETDeviceName:, $$GLOBALVAR:ETDeviceValue: and $$GLOBALVAR:ETDeviceStatus: could be used in messages. This should be possible with a device group Trigger. A Condition would be problematic, since it is possible that more than one device in a group might be true for the Condition.
                  HS4 Pro, 4.2.19.0 Windows 10 pro, Supermicro LP Xeon

Comment

Originally posted by bebaldin View Post
                    I am looking for a way to take a group of devices (lets use temperature sensors as an example) and if any of the devices reach a threshold, to trigger an output (Pushover, e-mail, etc.) using a single event.

Right now, I literally have hundreds of events tasked with notifying me of various conditions of the house (temperature, motion, doors, windows, tamper, glass break, etc.). I am looking for a way to greatly simplify this. For example, I have 21 Aeotec temperature sensors. Each will send me a notification if the temperature in the area exceeds a certain value, and again if that value falls below the threshold. Right now, I have 21 events above, and 21 events below. The same is true for my locks, doors, windows, etc.

I can group all of the devices together in EasyTrigger, but I cannot figure out a way to take the input from one device and plug its information into output with Pushover. What I want is something like this for the message:

Message Title: HIGH TEMPERATURE ALARM at <device name>.

Message Body: High Temperature detected at <device name>. Temperature is currently <value for specific device>. Please investigate ASAP.

Message Priority: Emergency

Message Sound: Siren

Application: Homeseer (Alerts).

The variables would be substituted by the specific device that triggered the alarm, chosen from the list of devices defined by the ET group. This would reduce the events just for temperature from 42 to 1 or 2, depending on whether you wanted different wording for alarm or normal in the message.

This would seem to be something that everyone would benefit from, but I just don't know how to make it work. It really only requires a couple of pieces of information to be plugged into the template message, but I am stumped how to make it happen. I am actually surprised that HomeSeer itself does not have this functionality built right in, since it would make huge differences in the numbers of events you would have to create and maintain. I would think that would help to reduce overhead at least a little bit if you could reduce as many of these repetitive template-like events down to a single one.

I envision using ET groups to greatly simplify maintenance on my Homeseer setup, especially where making a single device change such as removing and adding a new device would not result in having to find and make changes to a dozen events. Instead, I could just open up the group, remove the old device and add the new one, and everything connected to that group would be updated in one action.

HS3 : HSpro (3.0.0.460) on Win2012 (vm on ESXi)
                    Plugins: HSTouch, UPBSpud, Kinect, Nest, IFTTT, DirecTV, EasyTrigger, Imperihome, Zwave, RFXcom, UltraMon3, UltraWeatherBug3, UltraGCIR3, UltraLog3, UltraPioneer, PHLocation, Pushover, Pushalot, MCSSPrinklers S, JowiHue
                    Jon00 Plugins: Bluetooth Proximity, Performance Monitor, DB Chart, Links

Comment

I don't think this could be done within the Pushover plug-in as the plug-in would not know what device triggered the event launching the message. It could be done within Easy Trigger.

Comment

Plugins: HSTouch, UPBSpud, Kinect, Nest, IFTTT, DirecTV, EasyTrigger, Imperihome, Zwave, RFXcom, UltraMon3, UltraWeatherBug3, UltraGCIR3, UltraLog3, UltraPioneer, PHLocation, Pushover, Pushalot, MCSSPrinklers S, JowiHue

Comment

Originally posted by rprade View Post
                          I don't think this could be done within the Pushover plug-in as the plug-in would not know what device triggered the event launching the message. It could be done within Easy Trigger.
                          OK I am in front of an actual computer so I can reply properly now. The idea I put forth to the Pushover plugin author (Adam?) was that he add a mechanism to create a console device for a user specified group of devices. What I imagined was to create a console device for say Temperature sensors for example. Within a tab for this console device it would be possible to select all of the homeseer devices whose status you want reflected in the console device status. I thought the pushover plugin was a good place for this since the intention was to then send a notification.

Perhaps the easyTrigger is a better fit though since it is more along the theme of the plugin, and could make use of the grouping already present. The console devices would be useful for HSTouch type visual notifications, text, pushover, email. Hopefully I have done a little better describing it this time.

Comment

Originally posted by jlrichar View Post
                            OK I am in front of an actual computer so I can reply properly now. The idea I put forth to the Pushover plugin author (Adam?) was that he add a mechanism to create a console device for a user specified group of devices. What I imagined was to create a console device for say Temperature sensors for example. Within a tab for this console device it would be possible to select all of the homeseer devices whose status you want reflected in the console device status. I thought the pushover plugin was a good place for this since the intention was to then send a notification.

Perhaps the easyTrigger is a better fit though since it is more along the theme of the plugin, and could make use of the grouping already present. The console devices would be useful for HSTouch type visual notifications, text, pushover, email. Hopefully I have done a little better describing it this time.
                            I understand what you are saying. we are in an Easy Trigger feature request thread I think you have a very good suggestion.

I use the PHLocation message panel in messages. I think it would be handy to have that on any group of devices we might select. I think that is something Spud could do in Easy Trigger instead of or in addition to my suggestion of global variables.

Just like PHLocation's message panel, this would have to be generated by the triggering devices, which it would naturally fall into the realm of Easy Trigger. If we build a group in Easy Trigger, the message panel virtual device and/or global variables assigned to that group could be updated with the device name, the value it changed to and possibly the time of change any time a device in the group changes. The message panel device you are suggesting is a good idea and would be very useful in messages (Pushover, email or other) triggered by a Easy Trigger group. It could even be formatted such that it could be delivered as text or TTS.

Comment

Originally posted by kideon View Post
                              Could you add the trigger for if a device has changed within the last xxx? I was planning on using this specifically for some occupancy scenarios like if the phone status changes to online and if the location has changed to near home within the last five minutes then change to home. Another scenario would be if motion is detected and the doors have changed status in the last xxx then xxx.
                              This possible?

Comment

Originally posted by rprade View Post
                                This is a good idea. Maybe the plug-in could create three global variables based on the triggering device when a group triggers: ETDeviceName, ETDeviceValue, ETDeviceStatus. Then replacement variables $$GLOBALVAR:ETDeviceName:, $$GLOBALVAR:ETDeviceValue: and $$GLOBALVAR:ETDeviceStatus: could be used in messages. This should be possible with a device group Trigger. A Condition would be problematic, since it is possible that more than one device in a group might be true for the Condition.
                                Yep that's a good idea, will do it.

Comment

Working...
                                X