This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by kideon View Post
    Could you add the trigger for if a device has changed within the last xxx? I was planning on using this specifically for some occupancy scenarios like if the phone status changes to online and if the location has changed to near home within the last five minutes then change to home. Another scenario would be if motion is detected and the doors have changed status in the last xxx then xxx.
    I could add conditions based on "last change date" like "last change date for device X is within Y minutes from now"

Comment

Originally posted by spud View Post
      I could add conditions based on "last change date" like "last change date for device X is within Y minutes from now"
      That would be great! With that, rock solid occupancy detection will be in my reach. Would it be possible to include the potential values like door sensor changed to “open” within the last xxx minutes/hours/days/seconds?

Comment

Yep that's a good idea, will do it.
        Excellent! I am really looking forward to seeing what I can do with this new feature.

Comment

Would this allow us to piece together long messages? I’ve been working on my announcements and thinking of creative ways to do that dynamically without chained events.

Comment

@spud, I see we have the option of "A device's value has NOT changed for exactly...". Can we get "A device's value has NOT changed for at least..."?

I ask because I want to monitor a device to see if it has not changed in 24 hours. I also want to be notified on an hourly basis after that. If I use the trigger that's in there, I only get the first alert. If you can add the one for "at least", then I can set the event option "Cannot Re-run for XXXX" to 1 hour.

Would this be simple to add?

Comment

Originally posted by sirmeili View Post
              @spud, I see we have the option of "A device's value has NOT changed for exactly...". Can we get "A device's value has NOT changed for at least..."?

I ask because I want to monitor a device to see if it has not changed in 24 hours. I also want to be notified on an hourly basis after that. If I use the trigger that's in there, I only get the first alert. If you can add the one for "at least", then I can set the event option "Cannot Re-run for XXXX" to 1 hour.

Would this be simple to add?
              You can do it using a recurring trigger and the ET condiion "A device's value has Not changed for at least"

Comment

You can do it using a recurring trigger and the ET condiion "A device's value has Not changed for at least"
                Good idea. I've never used recurring triggers so didn't think to use it here Thanks for the heads up.

Comment

in version 3.0.0.45 available here I have added 4 global variables (ETDeviceRef, ETDeviceName, ETDeviceValue and ETDeviceStatus) which are set with the triggering device when a group triggers.

This allows to do some things like the following:

Click image for larger version

Name:	globalvar3.png
Views:	2
Size:	17.9 KB
ID:	1196145

Name:	globalvar2.png
Views:	1
Size:	115.0 KB
ID:	1196144

Name:	globalvars.jpg
Views:	2
Size:	56.3 KB
ID:	1196146

Comment

Comment

This is already there, there is a +/- field that you can use as an offset for the comparison trigger/condition

Comment

Could you add the trigger for if a device has changed within the last xxx? I was planning on using this specifically for some occupancy scenarios like if the phone status changes to online and if the location has changed to near home within the last five minutes then change to home. Another scenario would be if motion is detected and the doors have changed status in the last xxx then xxx.
                        in version 3.0.0.46 available here, I have added the condition "This device's value has changed within the last..."

Comment

Is there a way for a plugin to extend the device to add a new database field?
                          ...a user definable Device Category would help.
                          ... built-in Device Types aren't standardized / consistent and not really usable for sorting or use in events

To help fill the gap, I've been using:

Composite Devices script I posted
                          - creates dynamic (on-the-fly) device groups based on any combination of location fields, device name and device type

Easy Trigger plugin
                          - Device Groups (static) or a single device filter uses in events

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Comment

in version 3.0.0.46 available here, I have added the condition "This device's value has changed within the last..."
                            Nice.

Any thought on the Global Variables being added to capture the qualifiers of the event, not just the trigger?

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Comment

Would it be possible to have it be this device has changed to ... within the last ... and present the options for device values?

Comment

Would it be possible to have it be this device has changed to ... within the last ... and present the options for device values?
                                can't you just add an additional condition?

AND IF device's value has changed within the last...
                                AND IF device's value is...

Comment

Working...
                                X