Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

New feature - I'd like to see an EasyTrigger action that allows you to set the triggering device (ETDeviceRef) to an expression. i.e., a "Set Triggering device to expression ___" function.

This arose while I was trying to figure out how to set a device in a group to a value after that device caused a trigger to occur. Specifically, if any dimmer in a group was set to a power level lower than 5%, I wanted to turn it completely off. After numerous scripting errors, and assistance from other forum members, this was finally solved as shown below, but I think figuring out CAPI is too difficult for the average user, so if there was a built-in function to abstract this, it would be quite useful.

Click image for larger version

Name:	Capture.PNG
Views:	164
Size:	87.2 KB
ID:	1264161

Comment

This one may be beyond the scope of this plug-in.

First the situation. When we put our house to new modes (awake, asleep, vacant, occupied, vacation, etc.) we are frequently controlling quite a few Z-Wave devices at once. The downside is that Z-Wave is inherently a little slow and this flood of commands can introduce delays or occasional errors.due to traffic or collisions or whatever. To solve that, I use delayed device actions, delayed Events or wait times. While Rich has dramatically improved the Z-Wave plug-in and the devices have gotten much better since I started this practice, it is still better not to swamp the plug-in with several dozen commands at once. If I use Easy Trigger group actions, I put a wait action between them to slow it down a bit, but I still might send commands to a dozen or more power devices or lights.

I was going through my "house to sleep" actions today and trying to clean them up. My thought would be to add an option for a configurable delay between the actions on a group of devices on the order of 0-30 seconds. Then the action would be "Easy Trigger: Set Group of Devices to Expression set all devices in group XYZ to {expression} and delay each action by XX seconds". Another thing that would be useful at reducing traffic would be to check the value of each device before setting it. If its value is already there, do not send the command. This also could be optional, for those who want to send a command regardless of the current value.
      HS4 Pro, 4.2.19.0 Windows 10 pro, Supermicro LP Xeon

Comment

Please correct me if I'm wrong - I cant find an option "device is greater (less) than some value for more then some time". There's an option for "exactly" some time, but doesn't work if I enable event after the device value is already in the range. And the trigger is actually "in the range", not "greater" or "less", so I must specify the upper value of the range, even if I'm only interested in "greater".

Background: I need to set dask/down virtual device if luminance sensor is above/below some value for some time - otherwice it's switching too often around dask/down time.

Comment

Originally posted by alexbk66 View Post
          Please correct me if I'm wrong - I cant find an option "device is greater (less) than some value for more then some time". There's an option for "exactly" some time, but doesn't work if I enable event after the device value is already in the range. And the trigger is actually "in the range", not "greater" or "less", so I must specify the upper value of the range, even if I'm only interested in "greater".

Background: I need to set dask/down virtual device if luminance sensor is above/below some value for some time - otherwice it's switching too often around dask/down time.
          Spud prevents run away triggers, so only offers "Exactly" on triggers. "At Least" is available as a Condition. Use the luminance sensor changing as the Trigger.

IF Luminance Sensor has just changed
          AND IF Luminance Sensor has been in range [X,Y] for at least...

You will still have to specify a range.

Comment

Originally posted by rprade View Post
            Spud prevents run away triggers, so only offers "Exactly" on triggers. "At Least" is available as a Condition. Use the luminance sensor changing as the Trigger.
            Thank you it works

Comment

Thank you it works
              Cool

Comment

Would it be possible to have a condition for if a device was xxx and became xxx as a condition as well as a primary trigger? I just ran into a scenario with Blade's Plex Plugin and though of a few others as well (i.e. a door opens, home status is unoccupied and the phone was offline and has now been re-established)..that would actually fix my occupancy issues with doors that don't have keypads.

Comment

Originally posted by kideon View Post
                  Would it be possible to have a condition for if a device was xxx and became xxx as a condition as well as a primary trigger? I just ran into a scenario with Blade's Plex Plugin and though of a few others as well (i.e. a door opens, home status is unoccupied and the phone was offline and has now been re-established)..that would actually fix my occupancy issues with doors that don't have keypads.
                  The difficulty is that you would have to define a timeframe. If a phone is online now, it is likely that it was offline before, even if it has been online for 3 weeks.

Comment

The difficulty is that you would have to define a timeframe. If a phone is online now, it is likely that it was offline before, even if it has been online for 3 weeks.
                    I’m not worried about that though there are some other conditions in place if needed already (a device has changed within xxx) he added that for me a whole ago

Comment

I’m not worried about that though there are some other conditions in place if needed already (a device has changed within xxx) he added that for me a whole ago
                      Color me confused. You asked for a "condition for if a device was xxx and became xxx". Since you say the time frame doesn't matter, how would the condition determine if the device had changed? Or to put it differently how would "if a device was xxx and became yyy" differ from "this device is yyy"? Further, wouldn't "device has changed within xxx" suffice?

Comment

Color me confused. You asked for a "condition for if a device was xxx and became xxx". Since you say the time frame doesn't matter, how would the condition determine if the device had changed? Or to put it differently how would "if a device was xxx and became yyy" differ from "this device is yyy"? Further, wouldn't "device has changed within xxx" suffice?
                        In this case I just want to know that it had a previously specific status and now has a different specific status. No matter the time differential. For this specific feature request. Trust me it’ll fix multiple scenarios and also add some reliability. For my home issuance the logic would be:
                        if the door sensor changes to open
                        if the iPhone status was previously offline and is now reconnected
                        if house mode is away
                        change house mode to home

my location tracking is only 90 percent reliable since the phone is only pinged every five minutes and my workarounds aren’t good enough.

for plex if the player status changes to stopped and was playing
                        if the media type was movie
                        run movie stopped scene (restore normal lighting for the den, enable airplay speak to the onkyo

thinking about it more I may incorpore this into my lighting routines, security etc and make use of my bed sensor. Will figure that one out later I gotta lay out my usual habits and variances.

Comment

What are you using for a luminance sensor?

Comment

In this case I just want to know that it had a previously specific status and now has a different specific status. No matter the time differential. For this specific feature request. Trust me it’ll fix multiple scenarios and also add some reliability. For my home issuance the logic would be:
                            if the door sensor changes to open
                            if the iPhone status was previously offline and is now reconnected
                            OK, try to humor me here. As a Condition, how is the above different from “if the iPhone Status is reconnected? We know that in order for it to be reconnected, at one point it must have been offline.

if house mode is away
                            change house mode to home

my location tracking is only 90 percent reliable since the phone is only pinged every five minutes and my workarounds aren’t good enough.

for plex if the player status changes to stopped and was playing
                            The above is a Trigger, so we know it just changed.

if the media type was movie
                            run movie stopped scene (restore normal lighting for the den, enable airplay speak to the onkyo

thinking about it more I may incorpore this into my lighting routines, security etc and make use of my bed sensor. Will figure that one out later I gotta lay out my usual habits and variances.

Comment

We already have this as a trigger but not a condition. I'm asking for it to be additionally a condition. In the door case, the door opening is the trigger. The additional condition allows the system to know if I have recently arrived to my property. Logically it's me opening my door so the alarm doesn't go off.

For the movie, Homeseer knows the player stopped but I want to know what it was previously playing to engage a movie ending action with the lights. Currently the comparator is only a trigger and not a condition.

Had a long day Rich and I can't tell if you're trolling me or looking for an intellectual discussion. If the latter is the case then PM me and we can talk I'd like to pick your brain anyway since you have one of the most complex and capable systems on this board.

Comment

We already have this as a trigger but not a condition. I'm asking for it to be additionally a condition. In the door case, the door opening is the trigger. The additional condition allows the system to know if I have recently arrived to my property. Logically it's me opening my door so the alarm doesn't go off.

For the movie, Homeseer knows the player stopped but I want to know what it was previously playing to engage a movie ending action with the lights. Currently the comparator is only a trigger and not a condition.

Had a long day Rich and I can't tell if you're trolling me or looking for an intellectual discussion. If the latter is the case then PM me and we can talk I'd like to pick your brain anyway since you have one of the most complex and capable systems on this board.
                                I never troll, nor am I looking for an intellectual discussion. I just don’t understand how the Condition shows you “have recently arrived” to your property, without a timeframe stipulated. If you arrived last week, the Condition would still be true. I do not seem to be communicating well, so I’ll stop.

Comment

Working...
                                X