This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by alexbk66 View Post
    Not sure if it's possible already - setting other devices to the device "control use" - not the "value"?
    To explain - I have switches that have different "value" for the same "control use" - i.e. for "ON" there are values 99, 100, 255.
    So I can't use the ET action to set all switches to the same value since some don't have "value" 100 or 255.
    But it would be better if ET had an action to set the switches to the "control use" of one of them, i.e. "ON".
    I understand how it could be useful, I guess I could add a special variable (something like $ControlUse:On) to the "Set Group of Devices to Expression"

Comment

Originally posted by spud View Post
      You can already do that by adding stuff in the Startup.vb script.
      Moreover ET doesn't know when HS starts, it only knows when the ET plugin is started itself which is a bit different.
      I know that (both points).
      But I don't like using Startup.vb as it's a bit hidden from view, but using ET for this would be more convinient.
      Regarding "it only knows when the ET plugin is started itself which is a bit different" - it's not really important, a few secods difference...

Comment

Originally posted by spud View Post
        I understand how it could be useful, I guess I could add a special variable (something like $ControlUse:On) to the "Set Group of Devices to Expression"
        I think in "Set Device to another Device" action - you can add a checkbox "ControlUse" whcih will also hide (+/-) option.
        Or inside (+/-) combobox add "ControlUse" option, but this is less obvious.

Comment

But I don't like using Startup.vb as it's a bit hidden from view, but using ET for this would be more convinient.
          Regarding "it only knows when the ET plugin is started itself which is a bit different" - it's not really important, a few secods difference...
          well, it isn't only a delay issue. You may have to restart the ET plugin (without restarting HS3) for updating it for example, which may result in undesired results if you only want the action to be run when HS3 starts

Comment

Trigger an event from the startup script, and then you can add actions to that event as needed and they are then no longer "hidden from view".
            HS 4.2.8.0: 2134 Devices 1252 Events
            Z-Wave 3.0.10.0: 133 Nodes on one Z-Net

Comment

I just use a master startup Event called from startup.vb and a master shutdown Event called from shutdown.vb. As Al wrote, I add actions to control devices, run scripts, set counters and timers and to run other Events as needed. That way you have a single place to manage for each occurrence.
              HS4 Pro, 4.2.19.0 Windows 10 pro, Supermicro LP Xeon

Comment

Originally posted by rprade View Post
                Jude a master startup Event called from startup.vb and a master shutdown Event called from shutdown.vb.
                Originally posted by sparkman View Post
                Trigger an event from the startup script, and then you can add actions to that event as needed and they are then no longer "hidden from view".
                Thank you guys, it's a very good idea.

Comment

Here is an example of how I did mine a few years back. Though since that post it has evolved somewhat. I run one immediately and another on a 1 minute delay called from the first Event. The actions you see with "Never" in front of them are disabled. The Never vs Then lets me enable or disable actions as needed or desired.

Click image for larger version  Name:	Capture.PNG Views:	1 Size:	70.7 KB ID:	1280095

The delayed event does most of the hard work after HS has been up for a minute. The double entries for Jon00's DBCharting are to make sure the executable starts. I have a gremlin that occasionally would keep the exe from starting with HomeSeer, so I delay it and hit it twice. Now it never fails.

Click image for larger version  Name:	Capture1.PNG Views:	1 Size:	500.7 KB ID:	1280096
                  HS4 Pro, 4.2.19.0 Windows 10 pro, Supermicro LP Xeon

Comment

"Set Group of Devices to Expression" Question / Feature Enhancement
                    (give this post a 'like" if you would also find this a useful function)

It appears that te Expression part of "Set Group of Devices to Expression" evaluated only once for all devices in the group. I propose two modifications:

1) Evaluate the expression individually for each device in the group, thus letting each device in the group be set differently depending on the expression's calculated value for each device. Perhaps adding a check box option to choose whether to evaluate once or individually (though given the low overhead of a typical expression evaluation, the check box may not be that important).

2) Add global variables that can be used in the expression evaluations as each device's expression is evaluated. This would be analogous to the Easy Trigger global variables ETDeviceLocation1, ETDeviceLocation2, ETDeviceName, ETDeviceRef, ETDeviceStatus, and ETDeviceValue.

Here's an example use case:
                    I'd like to set up a group that includes a large number of interior dimmers. When sunset occurs, I'd like to turn on each dimmer to 10% if the dimmers is currently off, but not do anything if it is on. I'd envision being able to use "Set Group of Devices to Expression" to do this, where I'd select the "evaluate expression for each device" option and have an expression along the following lines:

IF($ThisDeviceValue == 0, 10, $ThisDeviceValue)

Where $ThisDeviceValue is the global variable I proposed that is analogous to ETDeviceValue

This expression would then get evaluated individually for each device allowing a different value to be computed for each device in the group.

Comment

Feature Request:

I have a couple of lights on dimmer wall sockets that I would like to go from 0 to 60% over a period of time (30 minutes) in the morning and down again in the evening. Any thoughts to an event control to manage the ramp from a current status value to a new value over a period? I currently do it by script, but a managed Event would be great.

Cheers
                      Scott

Comment

Originally posted by ScottRennie View Post
                        I have a couple of lights on dimmer wall sockets that I would like to go from 0 to 60% over a period of time (30 minutes) in the morning and down again in the evening. Any thoughts to an event control to manage the ramp from a current status value to a new value over a period? I currently do it by script, but a managed Event would be great.
                        Probably proper light harvesting is what you are after?

Comment

Not much light to harvest after about 15:00 in Scotland in Winter :-)

Comment

Originally posted by ScottRennie View Post
                            Feature Request:

Cheers
                            Scott
                            You should be able to do this with the existing EasyTrigger plugin. Question first, once the light has reached the 60% do you want to leave it on until the time where you will start to decrease the light level or will it need to turn off after its reached 60%?

-Setup a schedule in ET with the two 30 minute intervals when you would like the light to gradually increase and decrease.

-Create event for morning time
                            If time enters (xyzschedule) time range
                            And if the time is before 12:00pm
                            And If The Device was Set and is not greater than 62

Or If The device had its value set and is less than 62
                            And If EasyTrigger:Time is within (xyzschedule) time range
                            And If the time is before 12:00pm

Then EastTrigger:Set Device to Expression, choose your dimmer, set it to $$DVRinsert device ref#) + 2
                            **In the Options for the event, make sure you set the can not rerun for one minute.

-Create event for evening
                            And if the time is after 12:00pm

And If the time is after 12:00pm

Then EastTrigger:Set Device to Expression, choose your dimmer, set it to $$DVR: insert device ref#) - 2
                            **In the Options for the event, make sure you set the can not rerun for one minute.

Let me know how this works for you, hope it helps!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
                            HS4 4.2.6.0 &HSTouch Designer 3.0.80
                            Plugin's:
                            BLBackup, BLOccupied, BLShutdown, EasyTrigger, Ecobee, Nest, AK Bond
                            EnvisaLink DSC, PHLocation, Pushover, SONOS, Blue Iris, UltraRachio3,
                            weatherXML, Jon00 Alexa Helper, Network Monitor, MyQ, Z-Wave

Comment

Originally posted by The Profit View Post

You should be able to do this with the existing EasyTrigger plugin. Question first, once the light has reached the 60% do you want to leave it on until the time where you will start to decrease the light level or will it need to turn off after its reached 60%?

-Setup a schedule in ET with the two 30 minute intervals when you would like the light to gradually increase and decrease.

-Create event for morning time
                              And if the time is before 12:00pm
                              And If the time is before 12:00pm
                              Then EastTrigger:Set Device to Expression, choose your dimmer, set it to $$DVRinsert device ref#) + 2

-Create event for evening
                              And if the time is after 12:00pm
                              And If the time is after 12:00pm
                              Then EastTrigger:Set Device to Expression, choose your dimmer, set it to $$DVR: insert device ref#) - 2

Let me know how this works for you, hope it helps!

... I think I follow. Your event would increment the dim level 2% every minute. Correct?

Looks like that would work. Still would be cool to have the functionality built in as an Action

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by Ltek View Post
                                ... I think I follow. Your event would increment the dim level 2% every minute. Correct?

Looks like that would work. Still would be cool to have the functionality built in as an Action

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
                                Yes, it increments the dim level 2% every minute and sets a limit so that it doesn’t increase above that limit in the event that someone sets the light to another value.

I’m not a plugin developer but it seems like it would be possible to set up an action to do this. With all the different possibilities that people could come up with however, it’s great that Spud has at least opened up a lot more options with ET.

HS4 4.2.6.0 &HSTouch Designer 3.0.80
                                Plugin's:
                                BLBackup, BLOccupied, BLShutdown, EasyTrigger, Ecobee, Nest, AK Bond
                                EnvisaLink DSC, PHLocation, Pushover, SONOS, Blue Iris, UltraRachio3,
                                weatherXML, Jon00 Alexa Helper, Network Monitor, MyQ, Z-Wave

Comment

Working...
                                X