Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

ignore what I just said, it won't work in exisitng events, so it's better to recreate it from scratch, and then update your events

Comment

Originally posted by spud View Post

1. It could be tricky because from the plugin point of view when an action is called there is no reliable way to know which trigger is the origin. So such a feature would have to be based on the ETDeviceRef global variable or similar, which could to lead to incorrect behavior if 2 triggers are fired at almost the same time.
      I think I will pass on this one for now

2-3. I'm considering this, and if/when I do it, this would be from the config page.

4. I will do it, but I'm quite busy currently so it may take some time
      I would love to see item 4. I just downloaded easy trigger, and will for sure buy it if we can get the push and pop created for a group of devices. My main goal downloading it was to push and pop, but i would really like to create an event to leave home and to arrive where it pushes all the lights statuses and then pops them all when back home without having to put in 30 devices.

Comment

In version 3.0.0.57 available in the beta section of the updater, I have added "dynamic groups". A dynamic group is a group of devices based on rules. You can define new dynamic groups from the config page.
        This new feature is really great. Thanks.

A few thoughts before the "release" version is released ...

I've noticed that if the devices room / floor / name / type are altered, the dynamic groups don't update. I assume they don't update until the next restart of HomeSeer (or the plugin). For the final "release" version, consider adding a "update dynamic group schedule" option to the config page to have the plugin check for changes at some set time, or based on some timer - i.e., every hour, every six hours, or something to that effect. Otherwise, I suggest that in the release version there be at least a warning on the config page about the possible need to restart the plugin.

Along a similar line, if devices are created by a plugin (such as happens with your Chromecast plugin) - is there a risk of a race condition between the plugin? That is, if the Easy Trigger plugin starts first, will it "miss" the devices created by other plugins and not add them to dynamic groups? Here, again, some mechanism to occasionally check for changes may be useful.

Even with these minor issues, this is a great new feature. Thanks for adding it.

Comment

Originally posted by jvm View Post

This new feature is really great. Thanks.

A few thoughts before the "release" version is released ...

I've noticed that if the devices room / floor / name / type are altered, the dynamic groups don't update. I assume they don't update until the next restart of HomeSeer (or the plugin). For the final "release" version, consider adding a "update dynamic group schedule" option to the config page to have the plugin check for changes at some set time, or based on some timer - i.e., every hour, every six hours, or something to that effect. Otherwise, I suggest that in the release version there be at least a warning on the config page about the possible need to restart the plugin.

Along a similar line, if devices are created by a plugin (such as happens with your Chromecast plugin) - is there a risk of a race condition between the plugin? That is, if the Easy Trigger plugin starts first, will it "miss" the devices created by other plugins and not add them to dynamic groups? Here, again, some mechanism to occasionally check for changes may be useful.

Even with these minor issues, this is a great new feature. Thanks for adding it.
          The dynamic groups are supposed to update automatically when devices room / floor / name are changed. I just tested it again and it works for me.

In the EasyTrigger log you should see something like:

Feb-27 08:24:18 DEBUG Device 6082 changed

then if you go to the Easytrigger config page, the list of devices in the tooltip should be updated, but you HAVE to refresh the page.

Similarly when devices are created by plugins they should be picked up by the plugin, and the groups updated accordingly

Comment

The dynamic groups are supposed to update automatically when devices room / floor / name are changed. I just tested it again and it works for me.

In the EasyTrigger log you should see something like:

Feb-27 08:24:18 DEBUG Device 6082 changed

then if you go to the Easytrigger config page, the list of devices in the tooltip should be updated, but you HAVE to refresh the page.

Similarly when devices are created by plugins they should be picked up by the plugin, and the groups updated accordingly
            Thanks for the quick reply. I'll check the log when I get home from work since I can't access that remotely, but I just checked and refreshing the config page doesn't seem to do the trick.

As further information, I have a simply dynamic group as shown below. Normally, the room contains two dimmers (Z-Wave Switch Multilevel). If I change the room setting for one of the dimmers (to a name that does not include "Office") and I then refresh the config page, I should see one dimmer when I hover over the dynamic group's note icon; however, when I hover overt the note icon, I still see two dimmers. However, if I click on the group's "Edit" button, but then "Cancel" or "Save" the group is then properly updated and shows one dimmer. Maybe this is just a display error on the config page (I haven't tested the group operationally to see if both dimmers are still functionally within the group or not -- I can do more of this testing another time).

I've also tried it where I select the "Room" "Equals" operator and get the same result.

Now for another odd part, I then restored the device's original room name ("Office") and clicked the group's "Edit" and then "Save". I expected the group to be updated to include both devices again (which did sort-of happen) -- but when I hovered over the "Notes" icon, the re-added device shows the "old" room name that I used when I removed the device from the room. This occurred when I used
            the "Room" "Equals" operator (I assume it would also happen with "Room" "Contains"). So it seems there is something odd going on here.

I hope this gives you enough to try and see if you can replicate the error.

Click image for larger version  Name:	Capture.PNG Views:	1 Size:	83.8 KB ID:	1288429

Comment

Is there any way to trigger an event If any device in the group doesn't change in (X) time? So I could monitor my z-wave temp sensors without having to make a rule for each one

Comment

Originally posted by usLEDsupply View Post
                Is there any way to trigger an event If any device in the group doesn't change in (X) time? So I could monitor my z-wave temp sensors without having to make a rule for each one
                spud
                this would be a great add and reduce the # of events needed for some things, example: Motion lighting. Currently, we must have at least 2 (my screenshot has 3 due to making it easier for me to re-use 1 of them)... one event to set the lights to turn off after 5 minutes, one event to cancel the delay turn off if motion is detected.

adding "Device Group has not changed in N time" would allow any motion lighting 2 or 3 event sets to become single event.

IF "Device Group MOTION has not changed in" 5 minutes
                AND IF "Device Group MOTION, All values are" = 0
                THEN "Set All devices in Device Group LIGHTS " = 0

... for me this removes about a dozen unnecessary events and makes manageability 10x easier (figuring out what devices/events affect what other devices/events, when and where, etc)
                Attached Files

Comment

Thanks for the quick reply. I'll check the log when I get home from work since I can't access that remotely, but I just checked and refreshing the config page doesn't seem to do the trick.

As further information, I have a simply dynamic group as shown below. Normally, the room contains two dimmers (Z-Wave Switch Multilevel). If I change the room setting for one of the dimmers (to a name that does not include "Office") and I then refresh the config page, I should see one dimmer when I hover over the dynamic group's note icon; however, when I hover overt the note icon, I still see two dimmers. However, if I click on the group's "Edit" button, but then "Cancel" or "Save" the group is then properly updated and shows one dimmer. Maybe this is just a display error on the config page (I haven't tested the group operationally to see if both dimmers are still functionally within the group or not -- I can do more of this testing another time).

I've also tried it where I select the "Room" "Equals" operator and get the same result.

Now for another odd part, I then restored the device's original room name ("Office") and clicked the group's "Edit" and then "Save". I expected the group to be updated to include both devices again (which did sort-of happen) -- but when I hovered over the "Notes" icon, the re-added device shows the "old" room name that I used when I removed the device from the room. This occurred when I used
                  the "Room" "Equals" operator (I assume it would also happen with "Room" "Contains"). So it seems there is something odd going on here.

I hope this gives you enough to try and see if you can replicate the error.

Click image for larger version Name:	Capture.PNG Views:	1 Size:	83.8 KB ID:	1288429

I can't replicate any of this.
                  What OS are you using to run HS3?
                  How do you change the location or rename a device?

Comment

Originally posted by usLEDsupply View Post
                    Ltek

The functionality to do this already exists, but you need to implement it as two simple events. Here's the basics and see the event that I've pasted below which monitors the group Garage_Interior_Lights and sets them to 0 if the timer exceeds 5 minutes.

1. From the "Tools" menu, create a timer, let's call it "Group_Timer"
                    2. Then Create a first event, let's call it "Reset Timer". If any device changes, then restart the timer. Basically, you are using a device change to reset the timer, and the timer to let you know when something has not changes for a period of time.
                    3 Then Create a second event, let's call it "Trigger on Timer" which triggers if the timer equals a set value (say 5 minutes). This event then includes all the Actions you want to execute when no devices have changed for the 5 minutes. Of course, you may also add other conditions in the trigger section.

Click image for larger version

Name:	Capture.PNG
Views:	214
Size:	246.9 KB
ID:	1288486

Comment

I can't replicate any of this.
                      What OS are you using to run HS3?
                      How do you change the location or rename a device?

Windows 10, latest update levels.

Homeseer 3.0.0.500

When I change the dimmer's room, I select the 3 check boxes next to its Root Device, Central Scene, and Dimmer, and then select the "Change Room" function from the drop down menu on the Device List page and type in the new room name to change the room for all 3 of the associated HomeSeer devices.

If you are also on Windows 10, I can do a screen share and show you what I'm seeing if that helps - but message me privately so I can respond with sharing info.

Comment

Originally posted by MattL0 View Post
                        Hi Spud,

Would it be possible to add this as a condition too?

But just add the condition: ''This condition [ ] is true'' ( without specifying any device, and without the old/new variable )

thanks
                        It's done in version 3.0.0.58 which is available in the Beta section of the updater. The condition "This expression is true" has been added in the "EasyTrigger: A Device's value is..." category, but you don't have to select a device.

Comment

Originally posted by nlandreth View Post

I would love to see item 4. I just downloaded easy trigger, and will for sure buy it if we can get the push and pop created for a group of devices. My main goal downloading it was to push and pop, but i would really like to create an event to leave home and to arrive where it pushes all the lights statuses and then pops them all when back home without having to put in 30 devices.
                          It's implemented in version 3.0.0.58 which is available in the beta section of the updater. You can now choose either a group or a device in the Push/Pop/Clear stack action.

Please test and let me know

Comment

Windows 10, latest update levels.

Homeseer 3.0.0.500

When I change the dimmer's room, I select the 3 check boxes next to its Root Device, Central Scene, and Dimmer, and then select the "Change Room" function from the drop down menu on the Device List page and type in the new room name to change the room for all 3 of the associated HomeSeer devices.

If you are also on Windows 10, I can do a screen share and show you what I'm seeing if that helps - but message me privately so I can respond with sharing info.
                            Please install version 3.0.0.58 in which I have added some more debug logs (and in which there is the item #4 you asked for), set the log level to debug in the config page, then post what you get in the logs when you change the location of a device.

thanks

Comment

It's implemented in version 3.0.0.58 which is available in the beta section of the updater. You can now choose either a group or a device in the Push/Pop/Clear stack action.

Please test and let me know
                              spud, if a group push is used are those values available for individual device pop? Or is it a separate stack that can only pop the entire group?
                              -Wade

Comment

Originally posted by cc4005 View Post

spud, if a group push is used are those values available for individual device pop? Or is it a separate stack that can only pop the entire group?
                                it is a separate stack, if you push a group then you can only pop the entire group

Comment

Working...
                                X