X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by spud View Post

Sorry for the lack of response.
    I have them implemented but I need some time to test them a little more. Expect a new beta version in a few days.
    Awesome! Thanks for confirming.

Comment

There are options in EasyTrigger for a devices value has been in the range {X,Y] for exactly... (and NOT been in range). Would it be possible to also add so that a device can be in the range for "at least"... Standard HS allows for the "at least", but only for a single value, not ranges.

I'm trying to add some automation to my drier and washer, and the ranges work fine, but it doesn't always run when I chose "exactly 2 mins", and I'd like to be able to chose "at least 2 mins" so that it doesn't trigger when the washer and drier are on the low power part of their cycles.

Thanks

G

Comment

Originally posted by gmitch64 View Post
        There are options in EasyTrigger for a devices value has been in the range {X,Y] for exactly... (and NOT been in range). Would it be possible to also add so that a device can be in the range for "at least"... Standard HS allows for the "at least", but only for a single value, not ranges.

I'm trying to add some automation to my drier and washer, and the ranges work fine, but it doesn't always run when I chose "exactly 2 mins", and I'd like to be able to chose "at least 2 mins" so that it doesn't trigger when the washer and drier are on the low power part of their cycles.

Thanks

G
        Spud does not allow for "At Least" (to prevent runaway Triggers) in Triggers, only "Exactly" He does allow it in Conditions, so set up a recurring Trigger, then use your "At Least:" in a Condition..
        HS4 Pro, 4.2.19.0 Windows 10 pro, Supermicro LP Xeon

Comment

Originally posted by rprade View Post
          Spud does not allow for "At Least" (to prevent runaway Triggers) in Triggers, only "Exactly" He does allow it in Conditions, so set up a recurring Trigger, then use your "At Least:" in a Condition..
          Hopefully this will work...

Click image for larger version

Name:	Capture4.PNG
Views:	324
Size:	28.4 KB
ID:	1325165

Comment

Originally posted by gmitch64 View Post

Hopefully this will work...

Name:	Capture4.PNG
Views:	324
Size:	28.4 KB
ID:	1325165
            That will work. But it would also work just as well if your Trigger (the "IF") was simply "on" rather than "on for 2 minutes". The Condition "AND IF" can only be true if the virtual switch is on and the wattage indicates the physical dryer has been off for 2 minutes, so the time condition for the Trigger is not necessary.

I'm not a processor engineer, but I believe using a simple Trigger will also lower the complexity (CPU clocks) of the event by several fold.

--Barry

Comment

Originally posted by teladog01 View Post

spud, any chance these Device triggers will be implemented for Groups? I'd appreciate some commentary either way...

If there is no plan to implement these triggers for goups, then I will start planning an alternate design for my events. But it they might be implemented in the near future then I will hold out for that since these missing group triggers would dramatically simplify some of the events I'm planning to implement.
              The new triggers/conditions for device groups are in version 3.0.0.68 (available in the beta section of the updater)
              I also did quite a bit of refactoring so let me know if I broke something.

Name:	devicegrouptriggers.png
Views:	394
Size:	53.4 KB
ID:	1325246

Comment

Thanks spud ! Just updated. No errors.

That will be a passive test for me since I will have less time in the next weeks. will let you know.

Comment

Originally posted by logman View Post

That will work. But it would also work just as well if your Trigger (the "IF") was simply "on" rather than "on for 2 minutes". The Condition "AND IF" can only be true if the virtual switch is on and the wattage indicates the physical dryer has been off for 2 minutes, so the time condition for the Trigger is not necessary.

I'm not a processor engineer, but I believe using a simple Trigger will also lower the complexity (CPU clocks) of the event by several fold.

--Barry
                  3 things. (1) If you want the trigger to be "Has been On for at least 0 seconds, it will trigger once a second. (2) There is no trigger for being On, only set On, changed to On, On for at least... or On for Exactly... (3) there are virtually no resources used for a trigger, when conditions are not met, so a recurring trigger will only use CPU cycles when the following conditions are ALL true. His trigger of "On for at least 2 minutes" or a recurring trigger will have virtually the same impact on system resources since once 2 minutes has elapsed, it will trigger once a second until the Condition is met.
                  HS4 Pro, 4.2.19.0 Windows 10 pro, Supermicro LP Xeon

Comment

Thanks. can you confirm - do these new group functions set all of the standard "ET..." Global Variables to indicate which of the devices in the group caused the trigger to fire?

Comment

Originally posted by jvm View Post
                      Thanks. can you confirm - do these new group functions set all of the standard "ET..." Global Variables to indicate which of the devices in the group caused the trigger to fire?
                      correct

Comment

Since easytrigger can enable and disable events, is it possible to check the status of and event as a condition (enabled, disabled) ?
                        Thanks,

Comment

Originally posted by Stuart View Post
                          Since easytrigger can enable and disable events, is it possible to check the status of and event as a condition (enabled, disabled) ?
                          Thanks,
                          I had a use case recently where I wished for that capability too. I wanted Event 2 to only fire if Event 1 was disabled and I wanted Event 3 to only fire if Event 1 was enabled.

--Barry

Comment

I have a suggestion / clarification for the "for exactly" triggers which is to also allow them to function as a repeating "at least" trigger.

My suggestion is that there be an "at least" trigger with parameters to specify a "min. repeat time" and "maximum repeats" such the trigger continues to fire, but no two firings are closer than the "Minimum Time Between Re-Trigger" and the total number of firings won't exceed "Maximum Triggers"" (which could be set as "No maximum").

So, for example, you could have an event that starts firing after some "at least" time period has been exceeded for a device, and as long as that time period is exceeded, would re-trigger but at a time interval no less than ""Minimum Time Between Re-Trigger" (which should be some non-zero value with a pre-set minimum, to prevent run-away triggers) and would re-trigger no more than "Maximum Triggers" The "Maximum Triggers" would reset if the device went out of the trigger range.

For the "Any Device's Value in Group" there would be some further refinements / options - (Option 1) Once triggered, Re-Trigger as long as the same device that originally caused the trigger remains in the "at least" trigger range; and (Option 2) Once triggered, Re-Trigger as long as any device in the group remains in the "at least" trigger range - Thus, if the original triggering device triggers due to being in the trigger range for the "at least" time period, a second device enters the time period and then the first device exits it, you would "bridge" the time periods as if they were continuous.

Comment

I agree with jvm's suggestion - I had an occurrence this evening where the event triggered (to turn on a light) but for some reason the Z-wave light did not turn on. I'd like the event to be able to re-trigger in a short time so the light will go on.

Regards,
                              BBB

Comment

spud would it be possible to add a condition that compares the Last Change time of two devices, such as: "And If <device 1> Last Change time was before <device 2> Last Change time" ?

I think this would make it really easy to condition triggering events based on things like the direction of motion or a car coming home vs. leaving etc., for example:

"Car Arriving Home" event:

If Driveway Gate changes and becomes Open
                                And If Garage Door has a value equal to Open
                                And if Driveway Gate changed before Garage Door
                                And if Garage Door changed before Garage Motion Sensor
                                Then
                                etc.

"Walking Upstairs" event:

If Bottom of Stairs Motion Sensor changes and becomes Motion
                                And If Top of Stairs Motion Sensor changes and becomes Motion

And if Bottom of Stairs Motion Sensor changed before Top of Stairs Motion Sensor

Then
                                etc.

Or, if it's already possible to compare two devices' Last Change times with An Expression, would you mind letting me know how?

Thanks!

Comment

Working...
                                X