X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by spud View Post

Are you talking about nested groups?
    If so would that be ok for you if I add a group type called "Super Group" in which you can only select other groups (dynamic or static) ?

While I didn’t make the initial request, that would seem to satisfy the need.

Originally posted by drhtmal View Post
    Would it be possible to add a feature that allows groups to be added to group? Let's say I have several groups (one for each floor) named All-Lights-Basement and All-Lights-Main-Floor and All-Lights-Second-Floor. These groups contain all the lighting devices for each respective floor. I also want a group called All-Lights which would have all lighting devices from all the floors. Rather than add all the lighting devices to the All-Lights group I could just add the groups for each floor to the All-Lights group. With this feature it would be easier to maintain the groups.

Programmatically that makes sense. If someone wants groups to contain other groups, a “super group” container would do it.
    HS4 Pro, 4.2.19.0 Windows 10 pro, Supermicro LP Xeon

Comment

Are you talking about nested groups?
      If so would that be ok for you if I add a group type called "Super Group" in which you can only select other groups (dynamic or static) ?

My apologies, I meant post #574.
      The idea there was that if you have a group of devices used in a trigger, there should be an easy way to act on just the triggering device without having to use CAPI.

I've given a few ideas of how this could be implemented depending on which you think is easiest.

I also have thought of a third mechanism which is to have an Easy Trigger Action that acts on a device identified by its HomeSeer Reference number.:

For example, if you have a group of 50 devices (say all your lights), and you want to make sure that no light was ever set below 5%, you would have a Event that triggered on any of the lights in the group changing, and then in the body, you could have an action like:

Easy Trigger Set Device device identified by Reference Number ______ to expression _____________

Where the first blank can be $ETDeviceRef, a fixed number, or a simple expression using $ETDeviceRef
      and the second blank can be any expression that you normally use in Easy Trigger Set Device to Expression. In this case, the expression to make sure you don't set any device to less than 5% (but still allow 0 for off) might be something like ( $NEWVALUE > 0 && $NEWVALUE < 5) ? 5 : $NEWVALUE

As a second use case, you could have a group of all of your Central Scene devices where, if any central scene device is set to triple tap (value 1004) you would set the related light value to 99%. So, for that, you would get ETDeviceRef as the triggering device, but you would want to control the light which HomeSeer typically assigns the next reference number, or ETDeviceRef + 1, thus

Trigger: Any Device in Group [Central Scene Group1] set to 1004
      Then
      Easy Trigger Set Device identified by Reference Number ($ETDeviceRef+1) to expression: 99

Thanks for your consideration of these ideas.

Comment

Hello Spud,

Great plugin.
        Can you add, in the header of your easytrigger plugin config page, sort and filter options for the schedules and device groups.

THX

Comment

Any thoughts / plans regarding incorporating HS4's Categories as a condition in Dynamic Groups?

Comment

Originally posted by richardfj View Post
            Any thoughts / plans regarding incorporating HS4's Categories as a condition in Dynamic Groups?
            I will add that in the HS4 version of the plugin (no ETA yet)

Comment

Set Group of Devices to expression.

Add $DEVICECHANGE. It would return the number of seconds since the device has changed.

I'm guessing if i knew scripting well enough I could make this happen with the current version of the plug-in.

I have about 35 switches I would like to turn off if they have been on for a certain amount of time and within a schedule. There are a bunch of ways I could do this. Right now I just have a separate event for each device.

I was thinking it would be nice to use a group and set group to expression as a shortcut to create just one event.

If any value in Group X has not changed for exactly 15 minutes
              then
              set Group X to if ($DEVICEVALUE > 0 && $DEVICECHANGE > 899, 0, $DEVICEVALUE)
              check the option not to send if the value has not changed.

Comment

Do I need to re-create events in case I migrate to the HS4 version of this PI?

---
                John

Comment

Originally posted by John245 View Post

Do I need to re-create events in case I migrate to the HS4 version of this PI?

---
                  John
                  The HS4 version does not exist yet, but the goal is to not have to recreate events when you migrate.

Comment

Originally posted by ryanoly View Post
                    Set Group of Devices to expression.

Add $DEVICECHANGE. It would return the number of seconds since the device has changed.

I'm guessing if i knew scripting well enough I could make this happen with the current version of the plug-in.

I have about 35 switches I would like to turn off if they have been on for a certain amount of time and within a schedule. There are a bunch of ways I could do this. Right now I just have a separate event for each device.

I was thinking it would be nice to use a group and set group to expression as a shortcut to create just one event.

If any value in Group X has not changed for exactly 15 minutes
                    then
                    set Group X to if ($DEVICEVALUE > 0 && $DEVICECHANGE > 899, 0, $DEVICEVALUE)
                    check the option not to send if the value has not changed.
                    I think the script shown in the image below does what you want. In this case, it monitors a group of dimmers specified by the group "Basement_Dimmers" and if any of them has been one for a minute, will turn that one off. Note that if there are multiple devices in the group that have been on, this will execute multiple times, turning off each.

Of course, you can also add in your schedule requirements as additional "and if" conditions.

To avoid the scripting part, I've suggested that spud add a new feature which would eliminate the need for the scripting (see Posts # 574, 587) - I suspect he's tied up with other work on HS4 for now, but hopefully we'll see something in the future to simplify these scenarios where you want to control the device that caused the group trigger to trigger.

Click image for larger version

Name:	Capture.PNG
Views:	457
Size:	175.4 KB
ID:	1361678

Comment

Feature request :

hi spud .

For the group condition, you can choose any or all. What I would like is away to set a number of device in the group that match the condition.

ex:

if any device is the group change.
                      and if 3 devices in the group is set to 100 ( open).
                      Then turn off the heat mode of the termostat.

the number of devices in the condition would be user configurable

Edit: having the possibility to have a condition = ,<=, >=, <, >, range, to the number would be nice too.

The workaround for now is to use a counter , but it is not as reliable as setting a condition. It would be really nice if in all the group conditons, the option to dynamically catch the number of device that match the condition be added as easytrigger conditions

Comment

Hello,

I am about to buy the plugin, but I just read you will be/are working on a "4" version. Will the license which I am about to buy for version 3 also work for V4? Or is this than money thrown away?

Thanks.
                        Cor

Comment

Originally posted by Corvl1 View Post

Hello,

I am about to buy the plugin, but I just read you will be/are working on a "4" version. Will the license which I am about to buy for version 3 also work for V4? Or is this than money thrown away?

Thanks.
                          Cor
                          When you buy a HS3 license for one of my plugin you get a free HS4 license for the same plugin. Read this announcement: https://forums.homeseer.com/forum/3r...plugin-upgrade

Comment

spud : thank you , I just bought a licence.

Best regards,
                            Cor

Comment

Hi spud

Is it possible to generate a trigger based on a timer that can be compared to a device value or expression. I wanted to implement a user interface to allow the user to control the interval for a certain set of events. I had hoped to set a device as a slider for a suitable range of time but I can find no way, short of code, to use the device's value in a test condition for the timer.

Thanks
                              Andy

Comment

Would love to have an option for disabling event for x seconds/minutes after which the event would then be renabled.

I have a round about way of doing this now but having it built in would be most helpful. HS3 here and no plans to move on to HS4 any time soon.

Comment

Working...
                                X