Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Search forums for Jon00 Plugin util. It is a plugin that allows you to setup events to start and stop other plugins.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by srodgers View Post
      Search forums for Jon00 Plugin util. It is a plugin that allows you to setup events to start and stop other plugins.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
      If you are replying to my request, then I'd say that I am aware and already use Jon00's plugin. It does not do what I was asking for.

I need to disable an event, not a plugin, and I need to disable it for only a limited amount of time and then have it become re-enabled automatically.

I am currently doing what I want using a combo of multiple events that enable multiple other events in combination with scripts that utilize hs.disableevent and hs.delayedtrigger but it's quickly getting out of hand with the number of events I have to juggle. A simple built in option to "disable event for X seconds/minutes" would be greatly appreciated.

Comment

Originally posted by prsmith777 View Post
        I need to disable an event, not a plugin, and I need to disable it for only a limited amount of time and then have it become re-enabled automatically.
        EasyTrigger has this functionality. Set it to disable the event and then a delayed action to enable the event again per your amount of time.

Comment

Originally posted by Tillsy View Post

EasyTrigger has this functionality. Set it to disable the event and then a delayed action to enable the event again per your amount of time.
          I am not seeing any option to use easy trigger with delayed action and delayed action is only for events and not easy trigger. I would still have to have multiple events to do what I want.... trying to avoid that

Click image for larger version

Name:	easytrigger.jpg
Views:	424
Size:	59.4 KB
ID:	1405209

Comment

add a wait

Comment

Originally posted by MattL0 View Post
              add a wait
              Don't like adding waits for 30 minutes as this keeps the event running... but I guess it shouldn't really matter

Comment

Originally posted by prsmith777 View Post

Don't like adding waits for 30 minutes as this keeps the event running... but I guess it shouldn't really matter
                you could add an event action( and delayed ) that point to another event . Then you can configurre action into it.

Comment

Originally posted by MattL0 View Post

you could add a condititional ( and delayed ) event action that point tpo another event . Then you can configurre action into it.
                  THIS! A workaround but I agree don't have an event running that long (even a few seconds), have it fire off another so it can have a delay.

I wonder why this EasyTrigger call doesn't support being a delayed action? Might be an API limitation perhaps.

Comment

Request - plugin function to expose the list of device references in a group (as a list of integers).

Reason - I have a script that simply counts the number of "on" lights and sets the status of the master control (e.g. "Four lights on"); at the moment it takes a CSV parameter. Easy Trigger groups made the events much nicer (no more IF this light OR that light .. x8) and being able to use the same group in the script would finish the job properly.

I know I could do this with HomeSeer functionality (particularly HS4 categories), but even then I would want the definition of the group to have a single source = Easy Trigger.

Comment

Can we have a trigger "The time is x minutes before/after SOLAR NOON". Solar noon changes throughout the year so the current triggers that work with sunset or sunrise don't work, or at least not precise enough. For background information see what I posted in this thread.

https://forums.homeseer.com/forum/ho...ter-solar-noon

Comment

Originally posted by mulu View Post
                        Can we have a trigger "The time is x minutes before/after SOLAR NOON". Solar noon changes throughout the year so the current triggers that work with sunset or sunrise don't work, or at least not precise enough. For background information see what I posted in this thread.

https://forums.homeseer.com/forum/ho...ter-solar-noon
                        You can use one of the Node-RED contribs. For e.g. https://flows.nodered.org/node/node-...trib-sunevents

---
                        John

Comment

Originally posted by John245 View Post
                          You can use one of the Node-RED contribs. For e.g. https://flows.nodered.org/node/node-...trib-sunevents
                          John
                          Thanks for the pointer. However, the reason I posted here is because I would like to see this "The time is x minutes before/after SOLAR NOON" so I don't have to revert to Node-RED, scripts, etc. It actually should be something that is pretty easy to implement for spud because apparently solar noon = (sunset - sunrise)/2 + sunrise. The plugin already knows sunrise and sunset. So with relatively little effort (I hope) it's possible to save a lot of time for custom solutions, which is really what this plugin is about, avoiding scripts and custom solutions.

Btw, aa6vh mentioned a post by sparkman that calculates the angle. It's pretty interesting and I could use that. But again, it would be so much easier to have "solar noon" as an option in EasyTrigger than having to create virtual devices, adding a script, adjust IDs and then creating events to update the devices.

https://forums.homeseer.com/forum/de...osition-script

Comment

I know you'd prefer the option in Easytrigger but meanwhile I guess you could simply trigger a small script daily and assign the result to an HS device. Then use it with Easytrigger. Not overly complicated.

​​
                            sub main()
                            dim t
                            t=hs.SolarNoon
                            hs.SetDeviceValueByRef(1234, t, True)
                            end sub

Comment

Would it be possible to add a +/- time to the enter/exit a schedule trigger ? So enters the schedule time range +x minutes or - x minutes, or leaves the schedule +/- minutes. That would give some more and easier flexibility tan having lots of schedules

Comment

Hi! I have a couple of battery operated devices that sometimes simply run out of battery power while still at 75+ battery percentage. These devices should report their battery status every hour, so I was thinking of monitoring their "last update" timestamp to see if they are still alive.

I know there is a "Any device in group <group> has NOT changed for exactly...", but that doesn't work. It seems that this actually looking for a change in the value. So, my suggestion is to add a "Any device in group <group> has NOT been set for exactly...", that looks at the last change timestamp.

Thanks for considering!
                                stefxx

Comment

Working...
                                X