This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by mterry63 View Post

My original post description/logic was flawed. What I really wanted as a trigger was Device Time is greater than some value. If the device had a value that just changed, then Device Time would be set, assuming "Do not update device last change time if device value does not change" is not checked.

An easy workaround is to trigger every x seconds and test hs.DeviceTime() > y. Would be nice to check DeviceTime in EasyTrigger though.
    Why not just set up a schedule in ET and check to see if the device changes in that time range?

Click image for larger version

Name:	Capture.PNG
Views:	485
Size:	33.9 KB
ID:	1480509

Comment

I'm interested in when a device hasn't been set for a specific period, so the trigger in your example would never evaluate to true.

I don't think Easytrigger can implement the trigger I want. That's why I posted in the feature request thread.

Comment

Originally posted by mterry63 View Post
        I'm interested in when a device hasn't been set for a specific period, so the trigger in your example would never evaluate to true.

I don't think Easytrigger can implement the trigger I want. That's why I posted in the feature request thread.
        Ohhh... I misunderstood your use-case. I read it as when a device is set during a specific period.

I'm pretty sure SDJ-Health monitoring would do what you want since its main purpose is to make sure devices are alive/functioning.

Comment

Originally posted by TC1 View Post

Ohhh... I misunderstood your use-case. I read it as when a device is set during a specific period.

I'm pretty sure SDJ-Health monitoring would do what you want since its main purpose is to make sure devices are alive/functioning.
          I'm running SDJ-Health and it's a great plug-in. The issue with my use case is device timeout is defined per-plugin, not per-device so it's less useful for this purpose.

Comment

Two options, but both need a second event which does the actual action.

- use a timer which you reset each time the device changes and which triggers the second event if it reaches the timeout

- set the second event to manual and then on the device change first do "cancel a delayed event" and then "run another event" to run it after your delay

Another alternative may be to just do a delayed device action after first cancelling any previous delayed action on that device, it depends how complex your action(s) are.

Comment

spud
              Would be great to be able to have Status Values for ET Groups like we have for native HS devices. Ths way we can use those in pushover notifications etc... and not the notifications say "Open", "Closed", "Off", etc... instead of 0, 1, 255, etc Right now, the only way I see to do this is to create a matching vDevice in HS3 and then events (need multiple) to set the text for each value you want to 'name'. Of course, this is not great if you have 20 ET Groups as it can easily create 20, 40, or more events.

Any thought to making ET Status Values (text)?

Comment

There may be another way around this that I haven't figured out...

Can we get the same functionality found in "Delayed Device Actions?"

Something like "set device to another device," "after a delay of [X]"?
                HomeSeer Version: HS4 Pro Edition 4.2.19.0 (Windows - Running as a Service)
                Home Assistant 2024.3
                Operating System: Microsoft Windows 11 Pro - Desktop
                Z-Wave Devices via two Z-Net G3s
                Zigbee Devices via RaspBee on RPi 3b+
                WiFi Devices via Internal Router.

Enabled Plug-Ins
                AK GoogleCalendar 4.0.4.16,AK HomeAssistant 4.0.1.23,AK SmartDevice 4.0.5.1,AK Weather 4.0.5.181,AmbientWeather 3.0.1.9,Big6 3.44.0.0,BLBackup 2.0.64.0,BLGData 3.0.55.0,BLLock 3.0.39.0,BLUPS 2.0.26.0,Device History 4.5.1.1,EasyTrigger 3.0.0.76,Harmony Hub 4.0.14.0,HSBuddy 4.51.303.0,JowiHue 4.1.4.0,LG ThinQ 4.0.26.0,ONVIF Events 1.0.0.5,SDJ-Health 3.1.1.9,TPLinkSmartHome4 2022.12.30.0,UltraCID3 3.0.6681.34300,Z-Wave 4.1.3.0

Comment

I would like to have an "If any Devices STRING in Group is..." feature in EasyTrigger?

It would be like "EasyTrigger: Any Device's Value in Group is..." only triggering on String instead of Value

Many thanks,

Roger D

Comment

Go to the HS web interface -> Plugins -> Installed. There, for EasyTrigger you can see a dropdown list that has the entries Forum, User Guide, and Forum. It would be really nice to also have an entry "Version History". That way, when there is an update you can very conveniently look what has changed and if you really want to upgrade. If you don't know where the version history is then it is kind of hard to find (Go to the menu plugins -> Add, search for EasyTrigger, click on it and then in the popup window you can get to the release notes).

Comment

Any update for an hs4 version? I have a lot of event set with easytrigger, but it starts to be confusing to choose device in the hs3 way, and choose others in hs4 way . Two modes of choosing devices for almost every events..

Comment

"Toggle device" feature improvement
                        I have a push button that triggers a scene, and in this scene I have added the action "toggle device" for three light bulbs that have four states of brightness each. This works great for a while, but after some time the state of the light bulbs gets out of sync, due to both missing device reports(which happens) or that a bulb is operated from elsewhere(which is ok).

So my request is "something" that syncs the states in "toggle devices" if they are within the same event and have the same number of brighness states. It would be really useful to cycle a number of light bulbs through several individual brightness settings..

Comment

@supd Where is the new device name format in config page? I do not see it with the new beta .

Comment

spud

Hey,

Regarding the overriding of global variables in quick succession.

If ET could log the last, say 5 variable changes per global variable, would this still not provide a solution to the override problem?

I know you've implemented the suffix which is a step forward.

If two devices updated a global variable within the same timeframe, would if not be able to log both for the same reason?

I thought a list of recent entries would solve my problem for devices updating at midnight and having variables changed too quick.

Thanks

Comment

Originally posted by mulu View Post
                              Go to the HS web interface -> Plugins -> Installed. There, for EasyTrigger you can see a dropdown list that has the entries Forum, User Guide, and Forum. It would be really nice to also have an entry "Version History". That way, when there is an update you can very conveniently look what has changed and if you really want to upgrade. If you don't know where the version history is then it is kind of hard to find (Go to the menu plugins -> Add, search for EasyTrigger, click on it and then in the popup window you can get to the release notes).
                              Would be really nice to also have a different color border around the plugin in addition to the little cloud in the upper right-hand corner signifying an update is available. Should be easy enough to do?

Comment

Hi!

Thank you for a Super plugin!

I am looking for a Action that can set device to a mathematical expression that includes device-values..

An example: "DeviceRef 1" + "Deviceref "2 + "Deviceref #3" / 3 = Write result to chosen device? (The result here will be the average value from the three devices.)

Thanks, if you got the time..

Edit: I am looking into current features: https://forums.homeseer.com/forum/ul...97#post1555297

Thanks for the help @123qweasd

Comment

Working...
                                X