• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Check "set device to expression" :

https://forums.homeseer.com/forum/ul...-in-user-guide

https://forums.homeseer.com/forum/ul...in-easytrigger

Comment

I have been working with the EasyTrigger group conditions to trigger e-mail notifications recently. This works great to consolidate notifications down to one event where 20 or more might have existed before by using the ET global variables.

It occurred to me that there should be some way to not just trigger e-mails, but to take an ET conditions, and then force the changed condition to do something to a specific device, like an array function. For example, I have two battery chargers in my garage on Aeotec switches. Currently, I have an event for each that shuts off the charger if the watts drops below 2.5, which indicates that the battery is fully charged (based upon observation). There is an event that turns both chargers on at a set time, and then the two other events turn it off at a specified time if the wattage is below the 2.5 value. This is three events to basically do one thing.

What I am trying to figure out how to do is to write an event that is triggered in any device in the group that holds the two watt devices falls below 2.5. The problem is that I need to somehow programmatically match the Watt device to the Switch device, and then only turn off the correct switch based upon the ET group variable change. So, if Battery Charger 1 falls below 2.5w, then Battery Charger 1 is turned off, and Battery Charger 2 is unchanged.

I was thinking that some sort of EasyTrigger action could be devised that does this. Something like pre-defining the array like this:
      ET_Device1 $$GLOBALVAR:ETDeviceRef = x Switch Node #1
      ET_Device2 $$GLOBALVAR:ETDeviceRef = y Switch Node #2
      Then, an action could be defined that says Set "Switch Node #2" to Expression "0".

I would guess there is a way to do something like this with a script, but I have no clue how to do it.

Such a function would allow me to literally consolidate hundreds of events down to just a few by using the ET Global Variables as the input. I have already made a huge savings on Notification events, and now I am looking to do the same with Actions that control a specific device or devices based upon the Condition of a device in an ET group.

Comment

I was wondering if a modification could by made to the toggle device action that would work more as a change state. I have used toggle device extensively throughout my home on switch controllers (Homeseer switches, Aeotec Quad Remotes, Remotec Controllers, Zooz Wireless Controller Switches). These generally work very well, but one issue I always have is that you often have to run the command more than once to get the desired effect since it always seems that the device is in a different state than the toggle order I programmed. I try to assign the toggle order by what I think the most likely desired state would be first.

A change state could simply look at the device current state, and flip it to the other state (On to Off, Off to On). This wouldn't work for more than two states, but you could still use the toggle for that. You could define the two states on a dimmer as Off and 50%, for example, but if you needed more, you would use the current toggle feature instead.

Comment

Originally posted by bebaldin View Post
          it always seems that the device is in a different state than the toggle order I programmed.
          I use an On-Off toggle in quite a number of events. It always goes to the opposite state. I don't understand "different state than the toggle order I programmed". All I do is run the Easy Trigger toggle action. Even with a number of values in the toggle action it will always go to the next logical step from the current value as long as "Use closest toggle value as reference when device's current value is not equal to one of the above choices" is selected.

HS4 Pro, 4.2.19.16 Windows 10 pro, Supermicro LP Xeon

Comment

Originally posted by randy View Post
            I use an On-Off toggle in quite a number of events. It always goes to the opposite state. I don't understand "different state than the toggle order I programmed". All I do is run the Easy Trigger toggle action. Even with a number of values in the toggle action it will always go to the next logical step from the current value as long as "Use closest toggle value as reference when device's current value is not equal to one of the above choices" is selected.
            Not sure why, but mine has never operated in this manner. If the light is on, for example, and I press the button, it will only go to off if Off is at the top of the order in the list. If On is at the top of the order, I have to press twice to get the device to turn off.

Comment

Originally posted by bebaldin View Post

Not sure why, but mine has never operated in this manner. If the light is on, for example, and I press the button, it will only go to off if Off is at the top of the order in the list. If On is at the top of the order, I have to press twice to get the device to turn off.
              I have verified this on every toggle trigger I have. The order of execution absolutely determines what happens when you push the button each time. If the order is Off, On, then the event will always first try to turn the device off regardless of its actual state.

Comment

I would like to request some new features in EasyTrigger:
                1. A method for easily sorting all of the schedules and device groups either manually (or even automatically, if possible). I have more than 150 entries now in ET, and I periodically go into the INI file and manually sort everything back out alphabetically, to make it easy to find what I need.
                2. A new ET condition that works to find Invalid or Error Conditions, especially for those objects that do not use the 254 value definition, and rely on the internal invalid flag. This would be similar to the HS built in condition This Device Has Been For At Least...(Device Name has been Invalid or Error State). This would allow devices to be grouped together, and then an scripting action that would clear the invalid flag or turn the device on or off employed to remove the Invalid State. I have several problem devices that will go invalid from time to time (locks are a good example), and I have written events for each to deal with them when they do. That is a lot of events that could be consolidated by using ET global variables and this new condition. Another annoying issue this would address is the Root Device on some devices going invalid and displaying Unknown. I currently use &hs.DeviceInvalidValue(dvRef) = False to clear those when I see them. Adding them to an ET group would allow me to automate this process.
                3. A new ET action that would set the current device defined by ETDeviceRef global variable to an Expression. It could be named something like EasyTrigger: Set Current Device by Reference to Expression. The logic here would be that If an ET condition or trigger occurs, this could immediately trigger some action to happen to the single device from the group that triggered the event. I would use something like this to take a device in an invalid state from #2, and send a command to turn it on or off, lock or unlock, etc. The flag used in Set A Group of Devices to Expression that only runs the command if it would result in a change would also be useful here to prevent excessive commands.
                Thank you for your consideration!

Comment

I would like to have functionality that can

1) Create new schedules
                  2) Delete existing schedules

Both of those basically allow to modify schedules but also with the option to create new schedules that didn't exist yet. I am not sure what the best way is to get the schedule information. Maybe through global variables. It should be some mechanism that can be used via HSTouch so schedules can be created via HSTouch.

Comment

Originally posted by mulu View Post
                    I would like to have functionality that can

1) Create new schedules
                    2) Delete existing schedules

Both of those basically allow to modify schedules but also with the option to create new schedules that didn't exist yet. I am not sure what the best way is to get the schedule information. Maybe through global variables. It should be some mechanism that can be used via HSTouch so schedules can be created via HSTouch.
                    You can update or create a schedule using the SetSchedule scripting function:
                    https://forums.homeseer.com/forum/ul...15#post1281015

Comment

As a natural extension to Enable/Disable Event can you add a condition for "Event is Enabled" / "Event is Disabled"? That would help me a lot since I do some actions based on whether a Motion Event is enabled or disabled.

Really appreciate the plug-in, thanks.

Comment

In version 3.0.0.77 released as a Beta, I have added the "Super" group type. A super group can contain any other group type including other super groups, but if a super group contains another super group be careful to not create circular references which would lead to a group containing itself.

Click image for larger version

Name:	image.png
Views:	403
Size:	72.4 KB
ID:	1611507

Comment

Installed beta .77. The Easy Trigger Settings page simply says “ERROR”. I cannot get the plug-ins menu to open to roll back. Will restore from a backup.

Click image for larger version  Name:	image.png Views:	0 Size:	17.4 KB ID:	1611523

Comment

Back to .76 and all is well. It’s time to quit for the evening. I’ll try again tomorrow when I can look for log errors.

Comment

randy could tou send me your EasyTrigger.ini so that I can try to replicate. Thanks

Comment

Originally posted by spud View Post
                                randy could tou send me your EasyTrigger.ini so that I can try to replicate. Thanks
                                Here you go

Attached Files

Comment

Working...
                                X