This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by rprade View Post
    After I thought about it a little you could randomize the time it turns on and how long it stays on. Below are a pair of events that will
    • Turn a light on at night at some random time from 0-5 hours, but not more often than once every two hours. The light has to have been off for at least an hour before it can come on again.
    • Then it will turn off somewhere between 30-90 minutes after it is turned on.
    • It will continue this process until sunrise.

So you can truly randomize both the on time as well as the duration of the light.

Randy, thank you for this example, I stole it and put it in the User Guide. Hope this is ok.

Comment

Originally posted by spud View Post
      I find all these "time is before/after X mins before/after sunrise/sunset" conditions very confusing and very error prone. So what if you could define some time range graphically similarly to the schedules introduced in this plugin, but for a single day. And then when you would click on a time range you would get a popup from which you would be able to override the start/end time with Sunset/Sunrise +/- offset

something like on the screenshot below
      [ATTACH]45792[/ATTACH]

it is a lot more work for me than doing it with text only, and actually I'm not even sure I can integrate it nicely in the Events page, but if you think it is a good idea, I can try.
      I am making a post in the Event Clinic forum, that could use a schedule relative to the sun, so I will reiterate the desire for such a function.

I would still prefer to do it with conditions as I described in post 15 above, but either would work.
      HS4 Pro, 4.2.19.0 Windows 10 pro, Supermicro LP Xeon

Comment

Is it possible to highlight across Sunday to Monday Or Visa-Verse? In the scheduler...
        RJ_Make On YouTube

Comment

in version 3.0.0.10, I have added the possibility to create schedule time ranges relative to sunrise or sunset
          For now (I'll try to make it more user friendly in a future version) you have to manually enter the relative time in the text field. For example
          Code:
          Mon Sunrise+00:20
          the offset is optional and can be positive or negative

Click image for larger version

Name:	sunrise_sunset2.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	38.0 KB
ID:	1179123

then you can edit the schedule, drag and drop a time range or resize it, and the offset will be recomputed accordingly.

for example the schedule below could be used to turn on some lights from 3am to sunrise+20minutes, and from sunset-20minutes to 11:45pm

Click image for larger version

Name:	sunrise_sunset.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	78.9 KB
ID:	1179124

Comment

in version 3.0.0.10, I have added the possibility to create schedule time ranges relative to sunrise or sunset
            For now (I'll try to make it more user friendly in a future version) you have to manually enter the relative time in the text field. For example
            Code:
            Mon Sunrise+00:20
            the offset is optional and can be positive or negative

[ATTACH]46945[/ATTACH]

then you can edit the schedule, drag and drop a time range or resize it, and the offset will be recomputed accordingly.

for example the schedule below could be used to turn on some lights from 3am to sunrise+20minutes, and from sunset-20minutes to 11:45pm

[ATTACH]46946[/ATTACH]
            User friendly would be more gooder

As it is it is a welcome addition. I just used a text editor to build a week and it seems to work fine.

Comment

OK I cannot figure one thing out. I am unable to create a schedule of sunset-01:00-midnight.

The text I tried was:

[Mon 00:00;Mon Sunrise+01:00],[Mon Sunset-01:00;Tue 00:00],[Tue 00:00;Tue Sunrise+01:00],[Tue Sunset-01:00;Wed 00:00],[Wed 00:00;Wed Sunrise+01:00],[Wed Sunset-01:00;Thu 00:00],[Thu 00:00;Thu Sunrise+01:00],[Thu Sunset-01:00;Fri 00:00],[Fri 00:00;Fri Sunrise+01:00],[Fri Sunset-01:00;Sat 00:00],[Sat 00:00;Sat Sunrise+01:00],[Sat Sunset-01:00;Sun 00:00],[Sun 00:00;Sun Sunrise+01:00],[Sun Sunset-01:00;Mon 00:00]

The part in red does not work and the program removes it. Mon-Sat work fine. I can use [Sun Sunset-01:00;Sun 23:59], but then there is a 1-minute gap.
              Attached Files

Comment

OK I cannot figure one thing out. I am unable to create a schedule of sunset-01:00-midnight.

The text I tried was:

[Mon 00:00;Mon Sunrise+01:00],[Mon Sunset-01:00;Tue 00:00],[Tue 00:00;Tue Sunrise+01:00],[Tue Sunset-01:00;Wed 00:00],[Wed 00:00;Wed Sunrise+01:00],[Wed Sunset-01:00;Thu 00:00],[Thu 00:00;Thu Sunrise+01:00],[Thu Sunset-01:00;Fri 00:00],[Fri 00:00;Fri Sunrise+01:00],[Fri Sunset-01:00;Sat 00:00],[Sat 00:00;Sat Sunrise+01:00],[Sat Sunset-01:00;Sun 00:00],[Sun 00:00;Sun Sunrise+01:00],[Sun Sunset-01:00;Mon 00:00]

The part in red does not work and the program removes it. Mon-Sat work fine. I can use [Sun Sunset-01:00;Sun 23:59], but then there is a 1-minute gap.
                this is a bug I need to fix

do you know you can have time range across days (except for Sunday to Monday), so

[Mon Sunset-01:00;Tue 00:00],[Tue 00:00;Tue Sunrise+01:00]

can be simplified to

[Mon Sunset-01:00;Tue Sunrise+01:00]

Comment

do you know you can have time range across days (except for Sunday to Monday), so

[Mon Sunset-01:00;Tue 00:00],[Tue 00:00;Tue Sunrise+01:00]

can be simplified to

[Mon Sunset-01:00;Tue Sunrise+01:00]
                  Thanks for the tip. It makes sense that it would cross days, since the cutoff in my text was the next day. This is the first time I have played with schedules at all. I changed it, but it still cannot pass Sunday midnight.

Comment

Can you use the values from timers and/or counters with the comparison feature? i only saw devices in the list and would love to be able to use counters and timers

Comment

Originally posted by usLEDsupply View Post
                      Can you use the values from timers and/or counters with the comparison feature? i only saw devices in the list and would love to be able to use counters and timers
                      what would you like to do exactly, there is already some native triggers/conditions to compare timers and counters with a specific value

what I could add is a condition to compare any replacement variable with another one: device value, counter, timer, global var:
                      http://homeseer.com/support/homeseer..._variables.htm

Comment

Any idea when we can use

[Sun Sunset-01:00;Mon Sunrise+01:00]

so I can finish my Dusk-Dawn schedule for the week?

Comment

LESS THAN for X amount of time?

Would it be possible to add time variable to the comparison triggers?

I am wanting to use your plugin to compare the temperature of the input water, to the temperature of the output water of my solar heater.

The idea here is to not pump the water to the roof, if the solar heater is not adding heat to the pool. Also to minimize how many times HS3 switches the heater on/off.

The compare function works well, however, on some days the output temperature is only 1-2 degrees warmer. Days like this a cloud casting a shadow on the roof, can allow the water temp to drop enough for the comparison to trigger shutting off the solar heater. I need the comparison to be true for x amount of time, before it fires the event.

What I would like is:
                          device one is less than(or greater than) device 2 for at least x amount of time. Is this possible?

Michael

Comment

Any idea when we can use

Just asking again when we might be able to schedule from Sunday evening to Monday morning?

Comment

Any idea when we can use

sorry for the delay
                              letting you build time range across Sunday to Monday would be too difficult to do technically, but in version 3.0.0.11 you can now use "Mon 00:00" as an end time. So you can rewrite your example as: [Sun Sunset-01:00;Mon 00:00],[Mon 00:00;Mon Sunrise+01:00] which should be equivalent

Comment

sorry for the delay
                                letting you build time range across Sunday to Monday would be too difficult to do technically, but in version 3.0.0.11 you can now use "Mon 00:00" as an end time. So you can rewrite your example as: [Sun Sunset-01:00;Mon 00:00],[Mon 00:00;Mon Sunrise+01:00] which should be equivalent
                                Thanks. That will work.

I have another trigger request that came up in another thread.

Provide a range option and not equal option for "This device has been/for at least..." or "This device has been/for exactly...".

That would allow triggering of events when a light has been in a dimmed condition for a certain period of time. For example:

IF Device has been not equal to OFF for exactly 5m, 0s -or-
                                IF Device has been not equal to OFF for at least 5m, 0s -or-
                                IF Device has been a value in the range of 1% to ON for exactly 5m, 0s -or-
                                IF Device has been a value in the range of 1% to ON for at least 5m, 0s

Comment

Working...
                                X