X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• spud
    started a topic Easy Trigger plug-in - Feature Requests

Easy Trigger plug-in - Feature Requests

Please use this thread to ask for new triggers, conditions or actions.

• jvm
    replied
    Originally posted by teladog01 View Post
    Hi spud,

Would be very helpful for all of the triggers in "A Device's Value is..." to be available in the "Any Device's Value in Group is..." triggers. I am particularly interested in the ones highlighted below, but seems maybe they should all be available for groups for the sake of completeness, except maybe the comparison one (not sure how that would work)?

Thanks for considering...

Click image for larger version Name:	Screenshot 2019-06-09 13.44.24.png Views:	0 Size:	298.6 KB ID:	1309637Hi
    I second this one. The Group functions are extremely useful. As further clarity, I'd like to see this as an "if Any in group" and an "If All in group" option, where if the trigger occurs due to the "If Any" you also get the et global parameters set so you can see which one caused the trigger.

Leave a comment:

• teladog01
    replied
    Hi spud,

Would be very helpful for all of the triggers in "A Device's Value is..." to be available in the "Any Device's Value in Group is..." triggers. I am particularly interested in the ones highlighted below, but seems maybe they should all be available for groups for the sake of completeness, except maybe the comparison one (not sure how that would work)?

Thanks for considering...

Click image for larger version  Name:	Screenshot 2019-06-09 13.44.24.png Views:	0 Size:	298.6 KB ID:	1309637Hi

Leave a comment:

• jvm
    replied
    Originally posted by ZoRaC View Post

Any chance this will be added?
    This seems useful, but if added, I'd like to see it include a few variations / options: (1) A "Not Changed" version as proposed; and (2) A "Not Set" version. The "Not Set" may be needed for some use cases -- i.e., the not-working detection use -- because if the device continues to get "set", but to the same value, you wouldn't want to generate a "not working" report.

I'd also suggest there be any / all options ("If any device in group has not been change or set ...", or "If all devices in group have not been change or set ...). For the "If any" option is used, I assume it would populate the "standard" global variables used by ET to identify a triggering device.

I could see this use for the "not working" use case but also a more mundane presence case ("If All [Motion Sensors in a Group] have not changed in 20 minutes AND If all [Motion Sensors in the Group] are set to "No Motion", THEN turn off the lights).

Leave a comment:

• ZoRaC
    replied
    Originally posted by ZoRaC View Post
    Any chance to expand the “any device in this group”-triggers to have a “value not changed for exactly x min”?

Use case: get an alert if any of my temperature sensors stops reporting for some reason. I use them for heat-control, so it’s important to know if any of them stops reporting.
    Any chance this will be added?

Leave a comment:

• logman
    replied
    Feature Request for Groups: It would be handy to have Triggers/Conditions/Actions for group strings that match the current options for group device values and status.

Examples:

IF any device in group Example Group had its string (changed, changes and becomes, changes and contains, changes and does not contain, changes and matches regular expression)

THEN Set all devices in Example Group strings to (string, $$DTA:variable string:, or regular expression).

Thanks for your consideration,

--Barry

Leave a comment:

• jvm
    replied
    spud

As another Feature Request for your consideration, I propose a Group Action to run a script or set a Z-Wave Parameter.

The feature that I describe below is analogous to the "Set Group of devices to Expression" Action, but allows running scripts for each device.

Background / Use Case: This feature request came about as I was thinking about how to easily set Z-Wave device parameters for a large group of devices. What I was after was a way to define a group of devices (e.g., all of my dimmers) and then be able to set a parameter for each device in the group. For example, to set them all to the same ramp speed. Another use case was to be able to use this to manipulate the LED colors for my HomeSeer WD200 dimmers in response to different events. As I was thinking about this, it may make sense to make this a more "general" function where you can run a script for each device (I think I can set the parameter via a script, and scripts would give more functions). Here's how I was thinking this could operate:

For sake of description, I'm calling the Action " Easy Trigger: Run Script or Script Command for Each Device in Group"
    1. This Action is performed on a defined Group or a single device
    2. Optionally, the Action includes a boolean expression test (i.e., "only run Script if test is true") where you can have a test that is evaluated for each device (so the test should be able to consider device variables such as $DEVICEVALUE or other global variables).
    3. If the test is "true" for a device, then run either (a) an immediate script, or (b) a "full script" from as script file -- basically, you'd be replicating the same capability that you get from the regular HomeSeer "Run a Script or Script Command" function but you'd run it for each device in a group. Here, I was envisioning you could do an Immediate script or one from a file and you should be able to pass the file parameter such as the device reference ($DEVICEREF) for each device (and other variables like value, status, etc). Thus, for each device in the group, the script parameters.would include a different reference allowing the script to act on each device individually

As help to the user, and since scripting can be a bit confusing, maybe this is two functions - one as I've described above, and a related one where step #4 is a "Set Parameter" and you just select a specific parameter and a specific value to set

Let me know your thoughts on this. Thanks for your help / consideration of these ideas.
    JVM

Leave a comment:

• jvm
    replied
    Originally posted by spud View Post

In version 3.0.0.63 I have added some advanced option to the "Clear Stack" action, which let you remove all items except the N bottom ones:

Click image for larger version

Name:	clearstackadvanced1.PNG
Views:	60
Size:	23.8 KB
ID:	1296816
    Looks Good. So as I understand it, I could run a "clear stack operation" leaving 1 value, and then do the Pop and Set devices to set each device each back to its original value, or Do a clear leaving 0 values and the entire stack is simply emptied so a "Pop and Set" after that will effectively do nothing. That works for me. Thanks again for the help.

Leave a comment:

• kriz83
    replied
    Wouldn't it be better if the oldest value was removed iso doing nothing?

Verstuurd vanaf mijn SM-G965F met Tapatalk

Leave a comment:

• spud
    replied
    Originally posted by jvm View Post

1. Probably Simple - For the "clear stack" operations, a check box whereby the device is set back to its original value -- i.e., the final value to be popped off the stack. Use case: restore an item or group of items to its/their original value, regardless of pending intermediate changes that have been stored on the stack. I was thinking of using this for a HomeSeer shutdown routine to make sure things are stored to their original values before a shutdown. I'm sure there are other use cases.

In version 3.0.0.63 I have added some advanced option to the "Clear Stack" action, which let you remove all items except the N bottom ones:

Name:	clearstackadvanced1.PNG
Views:	60
Size:	23.8 KB
ID:	1296816

Leave a comment:

• spud
    replied
    Originally posted by kriz83 View Post
    What is the behaviour when the stack is 'full' (50 items). Will the oldest one be removed ?
    If not, could we add a pop without assigning it to a device ?
    If the stack is full, a push will do nothing.
    In version 3.0.0.63 available in the beta section of the updater the clear stacks has now some advanced option which let you remove only the top N items:

Name:	clearstackadvanced2.PNG
Views:	49
Size:	49.2 KB
ID:	1296814

Leave a comment:

• spud
    replied
    Originally posted by Hans View Post

OK then. Actually I was using an IF statement as the expression, but as this didn´t work after some tries, I just used the simplest form to see if it would work. Thanks for the quick reply.
    it's fixed in version 3.0.0.63 available in the beta section of the updater

Leave a comment:

• Hans
    replied
    Originally posted by spud View Post

this is a bug I have introduced in version 3.0.0.62. I will fix it ASAP

however, note that your action "Set all devices in Group to $DEVICEVALUE" will have almost no effects because it means each device in the group will bet set to its current value. Maybe what you wanted to do is use the global variable $$GLOBALVAR:ETDeviceValue: which contains the current value of the triggering device

see end of this post: https://forums.homeseer.com/forum/ul...175#post864175
    OK then. Actually I was using an IF statement as the expression, but as this didn´t work after some tries, I just used the simplest form to see if it would work. Thanks for the quick reply.

Leave a comment:

• spud
    replied
    Originally posted by Hans View Post
    I´m trying to use $DEVICEVALUE and $DEVICEREF with 'Set Group of Devices to Expression' but I always get an error in the log: " ERROR Parameter was not defined Nome do parâmetro: DEVICEVALUE .The same error happens if I use $DEVICEREF. The event below for example throws the error:

IF Any device in group Luzes_Quartos_Terreo was set and has a value that is not equal to 0
    Then Set all Devices in Luzes_Quartos_Terreo to $DEVICEVALUE

Any advice on what am I doing wrong ? I´m on EasyTrigger Beta 3.0.0.62.
    this is a bug I have introduced in version 3.0.0.62. I will fix it ASAP

however, note that your action "Set all devices in Group to $DEVICEVALUE" will have almost no effects because it means each device in the group will bet set to its current value. Maybe what you wanted to do is use the global variable $$GLOBALVAR:ETDeviceValue: which contains the current value of the triggering device

see end of this post: https://forums.homeseer.com/forum/ul...175#post864175

Leave a comment:

• Hans
    replied
    I´m trying to use $DEVICEVALUE and $DEVICEREF with 'Set Group of Devices to Expression' but I always get an error in the log: " ERROR Parameter was not defined Nome do parâmetro: DEVICEVALUE .The same error happens if I use $DEVICEREF. The event below for example throws the error:

IF Any device in group Luzes_Quartos_Terreo was set and has a value that is not equal to 0
    Then Set all Devices in Luzes_Quartos_Terreo to $DEVICEVALUE

Any advice on what am I doing wrong ? I´m on EasyTrigger Beta 3.0.0.62.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X