X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Tillsy
    replied
    Originally posted by MattL0 View Post

you could add a condititional ( and delayed ) event action that point tpo another event . Then you can configurre action into it.
    THIS! A workaround but I agree don't have an event running that long (even a few seconds), have it fire off another so it can have a delay.

I wonder why this EasyTrigger call doesn't support being a delayed action? Might be an API limitation perhaps.

Leave a comment:

• MattL0
    replied
    Originally posted by prsmith777 View Post

Don't like adding waits for 30 minutes as this keeps the event running... but I guess it shouldn't really matter
    you could add an event action( and delayed ) that point to another event . Then you can configurre action into it.

Leave a comment:

• prsmith777
    replied
    Originally posted by MattL0 View Post
    add a wait
    Don't like adding waits for 30 minutes as this keeps the event running... but I guess it shouldn't really matter

Leave a comment:

• MattL0
    replied
    add a wait

Leave a comment:

• prsmith777
    replied
    Originally posted by Tillsy View Post

EasyTrigger has this functionality. Set it to disable the event and then a delayed action to enable the event again per your amount of time.
    I am not seeing any option to use easy trigger with delayed action and delayed action is only for events and not easy trigger. I would still have to have multiple events to do what I want.... trying to avoid that

Click image for larger version

Name:	easytrigger.jpg
Views:	65
Size:	59.4 KB
ID:	1405209

Leave a comment:

• Tillsy
    replied
    Originally posted by prsmith777 View Post
    I need to disable an event, not a plugin, and I need to disable it for only a limited amount of time and then have it become re-enabled automatically.
    EasyTrigger has this functionality. Set it to disable the event and then a delayed action to enable the event again per your amount of time.

Leave a comment:

• prsmith777
    replied
    Originally posted by srodgers View Post
    Search forums for Jon00 Plugin util. It is a plugin that allows you to setup events to start and stop other plugins.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    If you are replying to my request, then I'd say that I am aware and already use Jon00's plugin. It does not do what I was asking for.

I need to disable an event, not a plugin, and I need to disable it for only a limited amount of time and then have it become re-enabled automatically.

I am currently doing what I want using a combo of multiple events that enable multiple other events in combination with scripts that utilize hs.disableevent and hs.delayedtrigger but it's quickly getting out of hand with the number of events I have to juggle. A simple built in option to "disable event for X seconds/minutes" would be greatly appreciated.

Leave a comment:

• srodgers
    replied
    Search forums for Jon00 Plugin util. It is a plugin that allows you to setup events to start and stop other plugins.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Leave a comment:

• prsmith777
    replied
    Would love to have an option for disabling event for x seconds/minutes after which the event would then be renabled.

I have a round about way of doing this now but having it built in would be most helpful. HS3 here and no plans to move on to HS4 any time soon.

Leave a comment:

• awhitton
    replied
    Hi spud

Is it possible to generate a trigger based on a timer that can be compared to a device value or expression. I wanted to implement a user interface to allow the user to control the interval for a certain set of events. I had hoped to set a device as a slider for a suitable range of time but I can find no way, short of code, to use the device's value in a test condition for the timer.

Thanks
    Andy

Leave a comment:

• Corvl1
    replied
    spud : thank you , I just bought a licence.

Best regards,
    Cor

Leave a comment:

• spud
    replied
    Originally posted by Corvl1 View Post

Hello,

I am about to buy the plugin, but I just read you will be/are working on a "4" version. Will the license which I am about to buy for version 3 also work for V4? Or is this than money thrown away?

Thanks.
    Cor
    When you buy a HS3 license for one of my plugin you get a free HS4 license for the same plugin. Read this announcement: https://forums.homeseer.com/forum/3r...plugin-upgrade

Leave a comment:

• Corvl1
    replied
    Originally posted by spud View Post

I will add that in the HS4 version of the plugin (no ETA yet)
    Hello,

I am about to buy the plugin, but I just read you will be/are working on a "4" version. Will the license which I am about to buy for version 3 also work for V4? Or is this than money thrown away?

Thanks.
    Cor

Leave a comment:

• MattL0
    replied
    Feature request :

hi spud .

For the group condition, you can choose any or all. What I would like is away to set a number of device in the group that match the condition.

ex:

if any device is the group change.
    and if 3 devices in the group is set to 100 ( open).
    Then turn off the heat mode of the termostat.

the number of devices in the condition would be user configurable

Edit: having the possibility to have a condition = ,<=, >=, <, >, range, to the number would be nice too.

The workaround for now is to use a counter , but it is not as reliable as setting a condition. It would be really nice if in all the group conditons, the option to dynamically catch the number of device that match the condition be added as easytrigger conditions

Leave a comment:

• jvm
    replied
    Originally posted by ryanoly View Post
    Set Group of Devices to expression.

Add $DEVICECHANGE. It would return the number of seconds since the device has changed.

I'm guessing if i knew scripting well enough I could make this happen with the current version of the plug-in.

I have about 35 switches I would like to turn off if they have been on for a certain amount of time and within a schedule. There are a bunch of ways I could do this. Right now I just have a separate event for each device.

I was thinking it would be nice to use a group and set group to expression as a shortcut to create just one event.

If any value in Group X has not changed for exactly 15 minutes
    then
    set Group X to if ($DEVICEVALUE > 0 && $DEVICECHANGE > 899, 0, $DEVICEVALUE)
    check the option not to send if the value has not changed.
    I think the script shown in the image below does what you want. In this case, it monitors a group of dimmers specified by the group "Basement_Dimmers" and if any of them has been one for a minute, will turn that one off. Note that if there are multiple devices in the group that have been on, this will execute multiple times, turning off each.

Of course, you can also add in your schedule requirements as additional "and if" conditions.

To avoid the scripting part, I've suggested that spud add a new feature which would eliminate the need for the scripting (see Posts # 574, 587) - I suspect he's tied up with other work on HS4 for now, but hopefully we'll see something in the future to simplify these scenarios where you want to control the device that caused the group trigger to trigger.

Click image for larger version

Name:	Capture.PNG
Views:	260
Size:	175.4 KB
ID:	1361678

Leave a comment:

Working...
X