X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ScottRennie
    replied
    Hi Alex. Yes, I have some Lux conditions, but this is for some specific use cases where I want the light on at a specific time in the dark months for coming home (1700) and for the Garden lights, again I don't want them on at 1600 in the dead of winter, nor coming on at 2130 in the summer months when the days are long!

I have made n outdoor Lux only sensor using a Light sensor and an Arduino, which saves using an outdoor PIR just to get the ambient light!

Cheers
    Scott

Leave a comment:

• alexbk66
    replied
    Originally posted by ScottRennie View Post
    Ah, that makes sense. I have tried all sorts of combination but couldn't get it to work - I'll try that
    Hi Scott, it's kind of off topic, but in my view it's better to use Lux sensor instead of hard-coding times. Because really it depends on weather, i.e. on very cloudy day it could be really dark even before 6pm?

Leave a comment:

• ScottRennie
    replied
    Ah, that makes sense. I have tried all sorts of combination but couldn't get it to work - I'll try that.

Cheers, Scott

Leave a comment:

• randy
    replied
    Originally posted by ScottRennie View Post
    Hi Spud
    Would it be possible to have a condition like this

If Sunset is after 21:00 then
    If Sunset is before 21:00 then

I have some lights that I want to come on at around sunset but not if sunset is after 2100 and likewise I would like a condition that allowed me to have something like

if time is 1800 and sunset is before 1800
    or
    if time is 21:00 and sunset is after 1800
    then turn lights on

There might be something already, but I can't fathom it out.

Cheers
    Scott
    It can be done with native HS Conditions

Click image for larger version

Name:	6D6BFA0B-3A6A-406A-9FD3-3120948EBBFA.jpeg
Views:	258
Size:	38.1 KB
ID:	1319829

If it is 18:00 and after sunset, turn the lights on. If it is 21:00 and lights are off (sunset must have been after 18:00 if they are off) turn them on.

Leave a comment:

• ScottRennie
    replied
    Hi Spud
    Would it be possible to have a condition like this

If Sunset is after 21:00 then
    If Sunset is before 21:00 then

I have some lights that I want to come on at around sunset but not if sunset is after 2100 and likewise I would like a condition that allowed me to have something like

if time is 1800 and sunset is before 1800
    or
    if time is 21:00 and sunset is after 1800
    then turn lights on

There might be something already, but I can't fathom it out.

Cheers
    Scott​​​​​​​

Leave a comment:

• spud
    replied
    Originally posted by MattL0 View Post
    spud Hi,

I think this is an easy one? But would it be possible to add some triggers to the strings section?

At the present time the string chek for changed. But I would also need ‘’ a string is updated ‘’ in all the string option.

would that be possible?

Thanks
    I just ran a few tests: I cannot detect "a string is updated" because when this happen the notification received from HS is actually "a value is updated" .
    So you can use the native trigger "This device just had its value set or changed" to detect a string update.

Leave a comment:

Guest replied
    My work around is to set the string to a null one Every time the string change...

( sometimes the very same string got updated to the Device so the event do not fire because there is no change)

I have somewhat 80 events that get triggered by a string with your plugin. Is adding this fonction gonna cost a lot of cpu? ( i guess , but can be wrong, that the plugin monitor for change and not update on every hs3 device??)

Leave a comment:

Guest replied
    spud Hi,

I think this is an easy one? But would it be possible to add some triggers to the strings section?

At the present time the string chek for changed. But I would also need ‘’ a string is updated ‘’ in all the string option.

would that be possible?

Thanks

Leave a comment:

• jvm
    replied
    spud

One feature I'd like to see is a way to run a script for each item in a group.

This is essentially a combination of the HomeSeer "Run a Script or Script Command" with your "EasyTrigger:Set Group of Devices to Expression" except, rather than setting the group of devices to an expression, you run a script for each device.

A key requirement, however, is that the script would need to be passed the identity of the device for which it is currently running. To do this, I would envision a set of variables, like your etDeviceRef, etDeviceLocation (etc.) variables that could be passed to the script via the "Parameters" of teh script.

My specific use case - I'd like, e.g., some way to set all the parameters of a set of devices to the same value. To do this, I'd set up a group of devices, say all my dimmers, then use this new "Run Script for Each Device" to iterate through each device and use a script (in this case, I think the immediate script would be something like:
    &nhs.PluginFunction("Z-Wave", "", "Configuration_Set", New Object(){"HomeID", Convert.ToInt32( &ETGroupDeviceRef ), Convert.ToByte(ParameterNumber), Convert.ToByte(1), Convert.ToInt32(NewParameterValue)})
    Since this parameter setting is the primary use case that I have, and to make this scripting case easy, a related feature that would be just as useful (to me) would be a simple "Set Parameter For Each Device In Group" function where the user just specifies the parameter number and new value and doesn't even have to worry about scripting. This seems like something that should be in the z-wave plugin, but it isn't.

Leave a comment:

• teladog01
    replied
    Originally posted by teladog01 View Post
    Hi spud,

Would be very helpful for all of the triggers in "A Device's Value is..." to be available in the "Any Device's Value in Group is..." triggers. I am particularly interested in the ones highlighted below, but seems maybe they should all be available for groups for the sake of completeness, except maybe the comparison one (not sure how that would work)?

Thanks for considering...

Click image for larger version Name:	Screenshot 2019-06-09 13.44.24.png Views:	0 Size:	298.6 KB ID:	1309637Hi

spud, any thoughts on extending these Device triggers to Groups?

Sure would be useful for some events I am creating that would otherwise require *many* OR IF triggers (and also several conditions on each OR IF).

Leave a comment:

Guest replied
    One feature, that would be really helpful is this condition for groups:

and If any of these devices in group xx, has been ( and has not been): this value|in range, for at least this time.

Leave a comment:

• jvm
    replied
    Originally posted by teladog01 View Post
    Hi spud,

Would be very helpful for all of the triggers in "A Device's Value is..." to be available in the "Any Device's Value in Group is..." triggers. I am particularly interested in the ones highlighted below, but seems maybe they should all be available for groups for the sake of completeness, except maybe the comparison one (not sure how that would work)?

Click image for larger version Name:	Screenshot 2019-06-09 13.44.24.png Views:	0 Size:	298.6 KB ID:	1309637Hi
    I second this one. The Group functions are extremely useful. As further clarity, I'd like to see this as an "if Any in group" and an "If All in group" option, where if the trigger occurs due to the "If Any" you also get the et global parameters set so you can see which one caused the trigger.

Leave a comment:

• teladog01
    replied
    Hi spud,

Click image for larger version  Name:	Screenshot 2019-06-09 13.44.24.png Views:	0 Size:	298.6 KB ID:	1309637Hi

Leave a comment:

• jvm
    replied
    Originally posted by ZoRaC View Post

Any chance this will be added?
    This seems useful, but if added, I'd like to see it include a few variations / options: (1) A "Not Changed" version as proposed; and (2) A "Not Set" version. The "Not Set" may be needed for some use cases -- i.e., the not-working detection use -- because if the device continues to get "set", but to the same value, you wouldn't want to generate a "not working" report.

I'd also suggest there be any / all options ("If any device in group has not been change or set ...", or "If all devices in group have not been change or set ...). For the "If any" option is used, I assume it would populate the "standard" global variables used by ET to identify a triggering device.

I could see this use for the "not working" use case but also a more mundane presence case ("If All [Motion Sensors in a Group] have not changed in 20 minutes AND If all [Motion Sensors in the Group] are set to "No Motion", THEN turn off the lights).

Leave a comment:

• ZoRaC
    replied
    Originally posted by ZoRaC View Post
    Any chance to expand the “any device in this group”-triggers to have a “value not changed for exactly x min”?

Use case: get an alert if any of my temperature sensors stops reporting for some reason. I use them for heat-control, so it’s important to know if any of them stops reporting.
    Any chance this will be added?

Leave a comment:

Working...
X