• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• alexbk66
    replied
    Originally posted by kideon View Post
    want to do a morning digest
    Just FYI, I did that before - using HomeSeer and Google Home. But eventually I realised I never listened to it, just became annoying, so I removed it. And my wife was annoyed from the start...

Leave a comment:

• kideon
    replied
    Originally posted by rprade View Post
    Glad it sparked some ideas. I wrote about the whole process here. I have since tweaked the timing a little and moved to Easy Trigger for power and lighting to sleep, but it remains fundamentally the same.
    It really did and I’m also looking forward to doing some fun speech stuff. Question you might be able to answer I want to build constructed messages like a virtual device where I add text to it based on conditions and then it gets spoken. Also want to do a morning digest though that may have to be done out of HomeSeer then spoken somehow. Got any ideas? Aside from the weather and house status I’d like to know my to dos, calendar events weight interesting tidbits word of the day horoscope etc. Was going to probably use the random plugin as well just gotta figure out how to load data en mass. Gotta learn Greek by October...

Leave a comment:

• randy
    replied
    Glad it sparked some ideas. I wrote about the whole process here. I have since tweaked the timing a little and moved to Easy Trigger for power and lighting to sleep, but it remains fundamentally the same.

Leave a comment:

• kideon
    replied
    It will send to every device in succession, it does not check the status of the devices. It takes 25 seconds, but what do I care - I'm in bed and going to sleep. I launch the group control at the beginning of the event, just after the Occupancy mode is set to "Home Asleep". My bedroom lights are in a separate action with a 15 second delay. The flow is this:
    • Doors and windows are checked to make sure they are closed
    • Doors are checked that they are locked
    • Occupancy is put in Home Asleep mode - This changes the power and lighting modes as well
    • Any lights that are dimmable and controlled by my default levels are immediately reduced to sleep levels, this includes the master bedroom lights. This is done by Events that look for the Occupancy Mode Device to change to Home Asleep
    • The Easy Trigger group action is launched after a 5 second wait to allow time for all of the dimming actions to take place.
    • The bedroom lights are turned off after a 10 second wait
    This method will reduce the levels for any dimmable lights that are still on in the house, giving a visual cue to anyone elsewhere in the house. It also dims the bedroom lights for about 10 seconds before they go off. You can see the flow by last night's log entries, note that I do not log device controls, but you can see the Events. The "Sleep Finisher" event is what initiates the shutdown about 7 seconds after I press the button. The 7 seconds is caused by delays I insert into the door and window checking routines.
    Code:
    [B][COLOR=#FF0000]Jan-10 10:10:28 PM Event Event Trigger "Remote MBR MBRMM 4 Long Pressed"[/COLOR][/B]
    Jan-10 10:10:28 PM Event Event Trigger "House To Sleep 01) House to sleep initiator"
    Jan-10 10:10:28 PM DoorWindow Window Count: 0
    Jan-10 10:10:30 PM Event 'Run Event' action execution skipped, the conditions applied were not met: House To Sleep 02a) House to Sleep Door open
    Jan-10 10:10:30 PM Event 'Run Event' action execution skipped, the conditions applied were not met: House To Sleep 02b1) House to Sleep Window open
    Jan-10 10:10:30 PM Event 'Run Event' action execution skipped, the conditions applied were not met: House To Sleep 02b2) House to Sleep Window open - bypass
    Jan-10 10:10:30 PM Event Event Trigger "House To Sleep 02d) House to Sleep Doors and Windows closed"
    Jan-10 10:10:30 PM Event 'Run Event' action execution skipped, the conditions applied were not met: House To Sleep 03a) House to sleep Front Door unlocked
    Jan-10 10:10:33 PM DoorWindow Door Count: 0
    Jan-10 10:10:35 PM Event 'Run Event' action execution skipped, the conditions applied were not met: House To Sleep 03b) House to sleep Workshop Door unlocked
    Jan-10 10:10:35 PM Event Event Trigger "House To Sleep 04a) House to sleep Doors locked"
    [B][COLOR=#FF0000]Jan-10 10:10:35 PM Event Event Trigger "House To Sleep 05) House to sleep finisher"[/COLOR][/B]
    Jan-10 10:10:35 PM Event Event Trigger "Power - General Power to Sleep"
    Jan-10 10:10:35 PM Event Event Trigger "Power - General MR Power OFF"
    Jan-10 10:10:35 PM Event Event Trigger "Arduino LCD LCD Backlights off"
    Jan-10 10:10:35 PM Event Event Trigger "Lights - US Bathroom Nightlight US Bathroom Nightlight Default Level Enters New Time"
    Jan-10 10:10:36 PM Event Event Trigger "Lights - Curio Cabinet b01) Curio Default Level Enters New Time"
    Jan-10 10:10:36 PM Event Event Trigger "Lights - Bronco Lamp b01) Bronco Default Level Enters New Time"
    Jan-10 10:10:36 PM Event Event Trigger "Lights - US Bathroom Nightlight US Bathroom Nightlight Default Level Night - Asleep"
    Jan-10 10:10:36 PM Event Event Trigger "Lights - Curio Cabinet b08) Curio Default Level Night - Asleep"
    Jan-10 10:10:36 PM Event Event Trigger "Lights - Back Table b01) Back Table Lamp Default Level Enters New Time"
    Jan-10 10:10:36 PM Event Event Trigger "Lights - Grabrail b01) Grabrail Default Level Enters New Time"
    Jan-10 10:10:36 PM Event Event Trigger "Lights - Bronco Lamp b08) Bronco Default Level Night - Asleep"
    Jan-10 10:10:36 PM Event Event Trigger "Lights - Front Table b01) Front Table Lamp Default Level Enters New Time"
    Jan-10 10:10:36 PM Event Event Trigger "Lights - LR Track LR Track Default Level Enters New Time"
    Jan-10 10:10:36 PM Event Event Trigger "Lights - FP Pole b01) FP Pole Lamp Default Level Enters New Time"
    Jan-10 10:10:36 PM Event Event Trigger "Lights - MBR Track MBR Track Default Level Enters New Time"
    Jan-10 10:10:36 PM Event Event Trigger "Lights - Grabrail b08) Grabrail Default Level Night - Asleep"
    Jan-10 10:10:36 PM Event Event Trigger "Lights - Back Table b08) Back Table Lamp Default Level Night - Asleep"
    Jan-10 10:10:36 PM Event Event Trigger "Lighting - General Lighting to Sleep"
    Jan-10 10:10:36 PM Event Event Trigger "Lights - LR Track LR Track Default Level Night - Asleep"
    Jan-10 10:10:36 PM Event Event Trigger "Lights - Front Table b08) Front Table Lamp Default Level Night - Asleep"
    Jan-10 10:10:36 PM Event Event Trigger "Hydronic - TStat & DHW Pgm 2a) Change in Thermostat Programming Status"
    Jan-10 10:10:36 PM Event 'Run Event' action execution skipped, the conditions applied were not met: Hydronic - TStat & DHW Pgm 3b)Thermostat Programming Check Away
    Jan-10 10:10:36 PM Event 'Run Event' action execution skipped, the conditions applied were not met: Hydronic - TStat & DHW Pgm 3c) Thermostat Program Check Vacation
    Jan-10 10:10:36 PM Event Event Trigger "Hydronic - TStat & DHW Pgm DHW Work Mid"
    Jan-10 10:10:36 PM Device Control Device: Lighting Kitchen Counter LED Strips to Dim 1% (1)
    Jan-10 10:10:36 PM Event Event Trigger "Power - General Fans Off"
    Jan-10 10:10:36 PM Event Event Trigger "Hydronic - TStat & DHW Pgm Non-vacation Programming - Bathrooms"
    Jan-10 10:10:36 PM Event Event Trigger "Hydronic - TStat & DHW Pgm Work 7:30 - No Setback"
    Jan-10 10:10:36 PM Event Event Trigger "Lights - MBR Track MBR Track Default Level Night - Asleep"
    Jan-10 10:10:36 PM Event Event Trigger "Lights - FP Pole b08) FP Pole Lamp Default Level Night - Asleep"
    Jan-10 10:10:36 PM Event Event Trigger "Lights - Bronco Lamp b10) Bronco light set"
    Jan-10 10:10:36 PM Event Running script in background: C:/Program Files (x86)/HomeSeer HS3/scripts/BroncoLight.vb
    Jan-10 10:10:37 PM Event Event Trigger "Power - General Living Room Power OFF"
    Jan-10 10:10:42 PM Event Event Trigger "Lights - Back Table b11) Back Table Lamp off"
    Jan-10 10:10:48 PM Event Event Trigger "Lights - FP Pole b11) FP Pole Lamp Off"
    Jan-10 10:10:49 PM Event Event Trigger "Lights - Front Table b11) Front Table Lamp Off"
    Jan-10 10:10:51 PM Event Event Trigger "Delayed Actions MBR Track Level (Delayed Action)"
    I’ll be implementing something like this as well. “Sleep Finisher” brilliant!

Leave a comment:

• spud
    replied
    Originally posted by adwuk View Post
    Please can we have the ability to use expressions in a group condition, similar to those available for group triggers. Here is an example:

Click image for larger version

Name:	event.png
Views:	135
Size:	41.2 KB
ID:	1275306
    In version 3.0.0.56 available in the Beta section of the updater, I have added the condition "Any/All device's value in this group make this expression true..."

Name:	GroupExpressionCondition.png
Views:	150
Size:	16.9 KB
ID:	1276095

Leave a comment:

Guest replied
    Please can we have the ability to use expressions in a group condition, similar to those available for group triggers. Here is an example:

Name:	event.png
Views:	135
Size:	41.2 KB
ID:	1275306

Leave a comment:

• randy
    replied
    Originally posted by The Profit View Post

Were you able to tell when the event triggered to turn off your lights if the event was sending an off command to every device in the list or just the devices that had an “On” status? Just wondering if you will experience a full 25 second delay before all lights are “Off” or if it’s just for the number of lights that are actually on.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    It will send to every device in succession, it does not check the status of the devices. It takes 25 seconds, but what do I care - I'm in bed and going to sleep. I launch the group control at the beginning of the event, just after the Occupancy mode is set to "Home Asleep". My bedroom lights are in a separate action with a 15 second delay. The flow is this:
    • Doors and windows are checked to make sure they are closed
    • Doors are checked that they are locked
    • Occupancy is put in Home Asleep mode - This changes the power and lighting modes as well
    • Any lights that are dimmable and controlled by my default levels are immediately reduced to sleep levels, this includes the master bedroom lights. This is done by Events that look for the Occupancy Mode Device to change to Home Asleep
    • The Easy Trigger group action is launched after a 5 second wait to allow time for all of the dimming actions to take place.
    • The bedroom lights are turned off after a 10 second wait
    This method will reduce the levels for any dimmable lights that are still on in the house, giving a visual cue to anyone elsewhere in the house. It also dims the bedroom lights for about 10 seconds before they go off. You can see the flow by last night's log entries, note that I do not log device controls, but you can see the Events. The "Sleep Finisher" event is what initiates the shutdown about 7 seconds after I press the button. The 7 seconds is caused by delays I insert into the door and window checking routines.
    Code:
    [B][COLOR=#FF0000]Jan-10 10:10:28 PM         Event    Event Trigger "Remote MBR MBRMM 4 Long Pressed"[/COLOR][/B]
    Jan-10 10:10:28 PM         Event    Event Trigger "House To Sleep 01) House to sleep initiator"
    Jan-10 10:10:28 PM         DoorWindow    Window Count: 0
    Jan-10 10:10:30 PM         Event    'Run Event' action execution skipped, the conditions applied were not met: House To Sleep 02a) House to Sleep Door open
    Jan-10 10:10:30 PM         Event    'Run Event' action execution skipped, the conditions applied were not met: House To Sleep 02b1) House to Sleep Window open
    Jan-10 10:10:30 PM         Event    'Run Event' action execution skipped, the conditions applied were not met: House To Sleep 02b2) House to Sleep Window open - bypass
    Jan-10 10:10:30 PM         Event    Event Trigger "House To Sleep 02d) House to Sleep Doors and Windows closed"
    Jan-10 10:10:30 PM         Event    'Run Event' action execution skipped, the conditions applied were not met: House To Sleep 03a) House to sleep Front Door unlocked
    Jan-10 10:10:33 PM         DoorWindow    Door Count: 0
    Jan-10 10:10:35 PM         Event    'Run Event' action execution skipped, the conditions applied were not met: House To Sleep 03b) House to sleep Workshop Door unlocked
    Jan-10 10:10:35 PM         Event    Event Trigger "House To Sleep 04a) House to sleep Doors locked"
    [B][COLOR=#FF0000]Jan-10 10:10:35 PM         Event    Event Trigger "House To Sleep 05) House to sleep finisher"[/COLOR][/B]
    Jan-10 10:10:35 PM         Event    Event Trigger "Power - General Power to Sleep"
    Jan-10 10:10:35 PM         Event    Event Trigger "Power - General MR Power OFF"
    Jan-10 10:10:35 PM         Event    Event Trigger "Arduino LCD LCD Backlights off"
    Jan-10 10:10:35 PM         Event    Event Trigger "Lights - US Bathroom Nightlight US Bathroom Nightlight Default Level Enters New Time"
    Jan-10 10:10:36 PM         Event    Event Trigger "Lights - Curio Cabinet b01) Curio Default Level Enters New Time"
    Jan-10 10:10:36 PM         Event    Event Trigger "Lights - Bronco Lamp b01) Bronco Default Level Enters New Time"
    Jan-10 10:10:36 PM         Event    Event Trigger "Lights - US Bathroom Nightlight US Bathroom Nightlight Default Level Night - Asleep"
    Jan-10 10:10:36 PM         Event    Event Trigger "Lights - Curio Cabinet b08) Curio Default Level Night - Asleep"
    Jan-10 10:10:36 PM         Event    Event Trigger "Lights - Back Table b01) Back Table Lamp Default Level Enters New Time"
    Jan-10 10:10:36 PM         Event    Event Trigger "Lights - Grabrail b01) Grabrail Default Level Enters New Time"
    Jan-10 10:10:36 PM         Event    Event Trigger "Lights - Bronco Lamp b08) Bronco Default Level Night - Asleep"
    Jan-10 10:10:36 PM         Event    Event Trigger "Lights - Front Table b01) Front Table Lamp Default Level Enters New Time"
    Jan-10 10:10:36 PM         Event    Event Trigger "Lights - LR Track LR Track Default Level Enters New Time"
    Jan-10 10:10:36 PM         Event    Event Trigger "Lights - FP Pole b01) FP Pole Lamp Default Level Enters New Time"
    Jan-10 10:10:36 PM         Event    Event Trigger "Lights - MBR Track MBR Track Default Level Enters New Time"
    Jan-10 10:10:36 PM         Event    Event Trigger "Lights - Grabrail b08) Grabrail Default Level Night - Asleep"
    Jan-10 10:10:36 PM         Event    Event Trigger "Lights - Back Table b08) Back Table Lamp Default Level Night - Asleep"
    Jan-10 10:10:36 PM         Event    Event Trigger "Lighting - General Lighting to Sleep"
    Jan-10 10:10:36 PM         Event    Event Trigger "Lights - LR Track LR Track Default Level Night - Asleep"
    Jan-10 10:10:36 PM         Event    Event Trigger "Lights - Front Table b08) Front Table Lamp Default Level Night - Asleep"
    Jan-10 10:10:36 PM         Event    Event Trigger "Hydronic - TStat & DHW Pgm 2a) Change in Thermostat Programming Status"
    Jan-10 10:10:36 PM         Event    'Run Event' action execution skipped, the conditions applied were not met: Hydronic - TStat & DHW Pgm 3b)Thermostat Programming Check Away
    Jan-10 10:10:36 PM         Event    'Run Event' action execution skipped, the conditions applied were not met: Hydronic - TStat & DHW Pgm 3c) Thermostat Program Check Vacation
    Jan-10 10:10:36 PM         Event    Event Trigger "Hydronic - TStat & DHW Pgm DHW Work Mid"
    Jan-10 10:10:36 PM         Device Control    Device: Lighting Kitchen Counter LED Strips to Dim 1% (1)
    Jan-10 10:10:36 PM         Event    Event Trigger "Power - General Fans Off"
    Jan-10 10:10:36 PM         Event    Event Trigger "Hydronic - TStat & DHW Pgm Non-vacation Programming - Bathrooms"
    Jan-10 10:10:36 PM         Event    Event Trigger "Hydronic - TStat & DHW Pgm Work 7:30 - No Setback"
    Jan-10 10:10:36 PM         Event    Event Trigger "Lights - MBR Track MBR Track Default Level Night - Asleep"
    Jan-10 10:10:36 PM         Event    Event Trigger "Lights - FP Pole b08) FP Pole Lamp Default Level Night - Asleep"
    Jan-10 10:10:36 PM         Event    Event Trigger "Lights - Bronco Lamp b10) Bronco light set"
    Jan-10 10:10:36 PM         Event    Running script in background: C:/Program Files (x86)/HomeSeer HS3/scripts/BroncoLight.vb
    Jan-10 10:10:37 PM         Event    Event Trigger "Power - General Living Room Power OFF"
    Jan-10 10:10:42 PM         Event    Event Trigger "Lights - Back Table b11) Back Table Lamp off"
    Jan-10 10:10:48 PM         Event    Event Trigger "Lights - FP Pole b11) FP Pole Lamp Off"
    Jan-10 10:10:49 PM         Event    Event Trigger "Lights - Front Table b11) Front Table Lamp Off"
    Jan-10 10:10:51 PM         Event    Event Trigger "Delayed Actions MBR Track Level (Delayed Action)"

Leave a comment:

• The Profit
    replied

This worked perfectly. I moved my goodnight lighting check to a group with a 1 second delay between each device. I check about 25 light switches and dimmers at night. This would invariably cause Z-Wave errors without the delays, last night was very smooth. Since dimmers and switches are both set to 0, I could put them all in the same group. This also makes it much easier to add or remove lights from the goodnight check.
    Were you able to tell when the event triggered to turn off your lights if the event was sending an off command to every device in the list or just the devices that had an “On” status? Just wondering if you will experience a full 25 second delay before all lights are “Off” or if it’s just for the number of lights that are actually on.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Leave a comment:

• randy
    replied
    Originally posted by spud View Post

In version 3.0.0.55 available in the beta section of the updater, I have added the possibility to add a delay between each action of a "Set group":

Name:	groupdelay.png
Views:	246
Size:	13.2 KB
ID:	1274529
    Note that now the "Set Group" action run in its own thread, so if you have subsequent actions after the "Set Group" they will run immediately and will not wait for the devices to be set.
    This worked perfectly. I moved my goodnight lighting check to a group with a 1 second delay between each device. I check about 25 light switches and dimmers at night. This would invariably cause Z-Wave errors without the delays, last night was very smooth. Since dimmers and switches are both set to 0, I could put them all in the same group. This also makes it much easier to add or remove lights from the goodnight check.

Leave a comment:

• kideon
    replied

Each device has its own stack, the maximum height of the stack is 50. So, for each device you can push 50 values.
    I will look into groups later.
    Dude that's like game changing. Especially with groups. Bien joué! If you could add the device control to the Airplay Speakers then I can finally get my notification engine put together.

Leave a comment:

• spud
    replied
    Originally posted by jvm View Post
    Seems like a great addition. Is it a true "stack" or is it more like a single value storage? In other words, if I have a device and I push its value (A), then change the device and push the changed value (B), then change the device and push its changed value (C), can I then pop values C, B, then A back in succession? Or is it really "store value" and "retrieve stored value"? Either way (true "stack" or not), this looks really useful!
    Yes this is a real LIFO (Last In First Out) stack

Leave a comment:

• spud
    replied
    Originally posted by kideon View Post

This is awesome! Is there a limit to how many devices can be pushed/popped simultaneously and also would it be possible to implement in device groups? That would really clean up a lot of events.
    Each device has its own stack, the maximum height of the stack is 50. So, for each device you can push 50 values.
    I will look into groups later.

Leave a comment:

• jvm
    replied
    Seems like a great addition. Is it a true "stack" or is it more like a single value storage? In other words, if I have a device and I push its value (A), then change the device and push the changed value (B), then change the device and push its changed value (C), can I then pop values C, B, then A back in succession? Or is it really "store value" and "retrieve stored value"? Either way (true "stack" or not), this looks really useful!

And a second on the post #393 suggestion that this be extended to groups - perhaps as a future development - it would be great to be able to "push" a group, change some of the values of some of the group's members, then restore the group to what it was.

Leave a comment:

• kideon
    replied
    In version 3.0.0.55 available in the beta section of the updater I have added the following actions:
    - Push Device's value to stack
    - Pop Device's value from stack and Set Device
    - Clear Stack

So, if you push the device value to stack and then set it to another value like that:

Name:	pushtostack.png
Views:	9993
Size:	10.8 KB
ID:	1274537
    You can set back the device to its previous value like that:

Name:	popfromstack.png
Views:	9916
Size:	6.3 KB
ID:	1274538

Note that this will only work for device values that are both status and control, because when the plugin push a value to the stack it retrieves the current device's status value, if it is not a control value as well, the pop action will return an error as it will not be able to set the device.

This is awesome! Is there a limit to how many devices can be pushed/popped simultaneously and also would it be possible to implement in device groups? That would really clean up a lot of events.

Leave a comment:

• spud
    replied
    In version 3.0.0.55 available in the beta section of the updater I have added the following actions:
    - Push Device's value to stack
    - Pop Device's value from stack and Set Device
    - Clear Stack

So, if you push the device value to stack and then set it to another value like that:

Name:	pushtostack.png
Views:	9993
Size:	10.8 KB
ID:	1274537
    You can set back the device to its previous value like that:

Name:	popfromstack.png
Views:	9916
Size:	6.3 KB
ID:	1274538

Note that this will only work for device values that are both status and control, because when the plugin push a value to the stack it retrieves the current device's status value, if it is not a control value as well, the pop action will return an error as it will not be able to set the device.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X