X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• spud
    replied
    Originally posted by bsobel View Post
    Spud, would you kindly consider adding two additional triggers under 'a devices value is':

1) 'Increasing' if the new value set is higher than the prior value, at the time of a value change, this is true
    2) 'Decreasing' if the new value is lower than the prior value, at the time of a value change, this is true

I use these in my existing system to fire some notification events on things such as the spa water temp is rising past 98 (triggers an announcement that the spa is ready, but doesn't trigger when dropping from 100 back down though 98 to cooler temps). I am migrating the logic over, and while I was tempted to right a quick PI to do this, I suspect it might be useful for others as well to be in a more well known common PI such as yours.

Best
    Bill

I think I'm going to add a more generic trigger that will allow you to use mathematical expression, so for example to check for an increasing value you would use something like that:

Code:
    IF device's value is set and expression is true:
    device: my_device
    expression: $OLDVALUE < $NEWVALUE
    and it would also allow you to use more complex expression like

Code:
    IF device's value is set and expression is true:
    device: my_device
    expression: ($NEWVALUE - $OLDVALUE) / $OLDVALUE > 0.05
    i.e value was increased by 5%

Leave a comment:

• spud
    replied
    Originally posted by wpiman View Post
    I'd am working on an event and it might be a good addition to this plugin...

IF (EVENT NAME) has executed (X) Times within (Y TIME) then

For example, someone comes to cut the lawn on Thursdays... he drives over the driveways sensors over and over and we are bombarded with messages.

It would be great to say

*IF DRIVEWAY ALARM EVENT has executed 3 TIMES within 2 MINUTES then
    and if today is thursday
    Run temporary squelch event

where the trigger with the star is handled by the plugin...
    With the current HS API I don't think a plugin can be notified when an event is executed, so this feature is not possible to implement.

Leave a comment:

• bsobel
    replied
    Spud, would you kindly consider adding two additional triggers under 'a devices value is':

1) 'Increasing' if the new value set is higher than the prior value, at the time of a value change, this is true
    2) 'Decreasing' if the new value is lower than the prior value, at the time of a value change, this is true

I use these in my existing system to fire some notification events on things such as the spa water temp is rising past 98 (triggers an announcement that the spa is ready, but doesn't trigger when dropping from 100 back down though 98 to cooler temps). I am migrating the logic over, and while I was tempted to right a quick PI to do this, I suspect it might be useful for others as well to be in a more well known common PI such as yours.

Best
    Bill

Attached Files

Leave a comment:

• Ltek
    replied
    Originally posted by wpiman View Post

For example, someone comes to cut the lawn on Thursdays... he drives over the driveways sensors over and over and we are bombarded with messages.

It would be great to say

and if today is thursday

@Spud, please chime in if I'm incorrect.

In my terminology what you describe is one type of a "Sequence".

Other very basic types of sequences would be like...

Event1 then Event2 then Event3 within N time

Device1 then Device2 then Device3 within N time
    ... and such

Spud said these were not possible because of limitations in the HS3.

This is unfortunate as this was very easy to do in Vera using the $5 PLEG plugin. I used sequences in MANY events!

Leave a comment:

• wpiman
    replied

It would be great to say

and if today is thursday

Leave a comment:

• eole
    replied
    If NO device's value in this group has changed for exactly...

Hi Spud,

Is it possible to add another trigger ?

I want to monitor my 1-wire network : if no sensor has changed for exactly 2 hours, I restart Logtemp.
    I've added all my 1-wire devices in a group.
    It could prevent me to have a long list of "OR" in an event.

It could also be useful to restart a plugin if nothing changes for a long time.

I would like to have something like : "If NO device's value in this group has changed for exactly..."

Thanks for your help.

Yves

Leave a comment:

• dnicosia
    replied
    I've updated to HS3 .425 and it seems the same

Leave a comment:

• spud
    replied
    Originally posted by dnicosia View Post
    An enhancement I'd like to see is adding scrollbars or window resizing to the add a Device Group. Currently, the window isn't large enough so it doesn't display the while name so I have to go to the HomeSeer. E.g. a device named "Upstairs Florida Room Back Door: Sensor" It only displays "Upstairs Florida Room Back Do" which doesn't allow me to pick the correct device. I need to go and shorten the names to see which is the correct one.

Thanks!
    To make the selector window larger, read this post: https://forums.homeseer.com/showthre...=191142&page=3

this fix is supposed to be in the latest HS3 release, I will check if it is.

Leave a comment:

• dnicosia
    replied
    Scrollbar on Device Group Window or ability to resize

An enhancement I'd like to see is adding scrollbars or window resizing to the add a Device Group. Currently, the window isn't large enough so it doesn't display the while name so I have to go to the HomeSeer. E.g. a device named "Upstairs Florida Room Back Door: Sensor" It only displays "Upstairs Florida Room Back Do" which doesn't allow me to pick the correct device. I need to go and shorten the names to see which is the correct one.

Even having a hover that displays the whole name would work.

Thanks!

Leave a comment:

• Overst
    replied
    Originally posted by spud View Post
    Do you mean you want to be able to use the "Set Group of devices to Expression" action with groups based on devices name/location/type ?
    Yes exactly. So I could turn on all devices with "location 1" set to "living room" for example without having to set up a group with the name of each item.

Leave a comment:

• kideon
    replied
    oh yeah didn't think about that. I could see some applications in getting more specific but this would generally work.

Leave a comment:

• spud
    replied
    Originally posted by Overst View Post
    Is it possible to have a "group type" option to the then drop down?

Thanks
    Do you mean you want to be able to use the "Set Group of devices to Expression" action with groups based on devices name/location/type ?

Leave a comment:

• spud
    replied
    Originally posted by The Profit View Post
    Hey Spud, are these going to be released as betas on the plugin update page soon?

HS3 3.0.0.423 & HSTouch 3.0.55 with 700 Devices, 358 Events
    Plugin's:
    BLBackup, BLOccupied, BLShutdown, EasyTrigger, Ecobee,
    EnvisaLink DSC, PHLocation, Pushover, SONOS, Blue Iris, UltraRachio3,
    weatherXML, Jon00 Alexa Helper, Network Monitor, Z-Wave 3.0.1.206
    I've just submitted a request so that this version is released in the updater (not as a Beta, as changes are pretty safe). So, it should be in there soon.

Leave a comment:

• andyf
    replied
    Originally posted by The Profit View Post
    Hey Spud, are these going to be released as betas on the plugin update page soon?

HS3 3.0.0.423 & HSTouch 3.0.55 with 700 Devices, 358 Events
    Plugin's:
    BLBackup, BLOccupied, BLShutdown, EasyTrigger, Ecobee,
    EnvisaLink DSC, PHLocation, Pushover, SONOS, Blue Iris, UltraRachio3,
    weatherXML, Jon00 Alexa Helper, Network Monitor, Z-Wave 3.0.1.206
    +1 on this. I hate having to go in and manually copy the files over to my SEL.

Leave a comment:

• Overst
    replied
    group type

Is it possible to have a "group type" option to the then drop down?

Thanks

Leave a comment:

Working...
X