I thought I understood, but...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I thought I understood, but...

For some reason, this does not work. The msg gets sent regardless of the schedule.
    Attached Files
    RJ_Make On YouTube

how do you trigger this event?
    a "manually triggered event" does not honor additional conditions except if it is run from another event and you check "Run only if other event conditions are true" under advanced options.
    http://board.homeseer.com/showthread.php?t=175129

Comment

Originally posted by spud View Post
      how do you trigger this event?
      a "manually triggered event" does not honor additional conditions except if it is run from another event and you check "Run only if other event conditions are true" under advanced options.
      http://board.homeseer.com/showthread.php?t=175129

Man, foiled by the details yet again.. Thank for you help.
      RJ_Make On YouTube

Comment

I am having a problem with manually triggered with conditions.. And it seems, I might be wrong, but everytime I run a manually triggered event and check the box to make sure its conditions are met, that they never run because for some reason the conditions are NEVER met, and I'm guessing its the trigger that says "if this is manually triggered" that stops everything because its not being "Manually triggered" and everything seems to stop there, but I cant verify it because there is no details as to why an event didnt meet the conditions, but just that it didnt meet the conditions and was skipped..

Just something I wanted to throw out there, I'm still working on trying to figure this out with the little time I have this weekend. Am I missing something stupid?

Thanks!

Comment

Originally posted by Name View Post
          I am having a problem with manually triggered with conditions.. And it seems, I might be wrong, but everytime I run a manually triggered event and check the box to make sure its conditions are met, that they never run because for some reason the conditions are NEVER met, and I'm guessing its the trigger that says "if this is manually triggered" that stops everything because its not being "Manually triggered" and everything seems to stop there, but I cant verify it because there is no details as to why an event didnt meet the conditions, but just that it didnt meet the conditions and was skipped..

Just something I wanted to throw out there, I'm still working on trying to figure this out with the little time I have this weekend. Am I missing something stupid?

Thanks!
          A manually triggered event run from another event with the box "Run only if other event's conditions are true" checked will always trigger and will always honor any conditions within that event. In other words any event behaves as if it was Manually Triggered, when called from another event.

An event with ANY other trigger run from another event with the box "Run only if other event's conditions are true" checked will have its trigger ignored but will still always have its conditions honored.

Any event run from another event without the box "Run only if other event's conditions are true" checked will run. The trigger AND conditions will all be ignored.

The log will only tell you if the called event was run or "'Run Event' action execution skipped, the conditions applied were not met:", It won't tell you which conditions caused it not to run.

To trace the conditions you you can add one or more immediate script actions in event that is calling the next event the format:
          Code:
          &nhs.WriteLog("MessageType", "Device Name was " & hs.DeviceValueByName("Location DeviceName").ToString())
          Where MessageType is the Type/Error of the log message, "Device Name" is replaced with the name of the device your are referencing and "Location DeviceName is replaced with the devices name and location 1 (room) of the device(s) that are used as conditions in the called event. You need to put them in the calling event so that they will write log entries just before the event with the condition(s) is called. Use one action per device for log entries. Then you can diagnose what the values of all the devices used as conditions were just as the second event was was called. Once you have diagnosed your event, you can delete the log entry scripts or change their "THEN" to "NEVER".
          Last edited by randy; June 28, 2015, 09:04 PM.
          HS4 Pro, 4.2.19.0 Windows 10 pro, Supermicro LP Xeon

Comment

Working...
          X