Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

KMS says no stopped K or M even though it's not true

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • #16
    Originally posted by tahl View Post
    Okay, that's confusing. For the HS machine, it's clearly turned keyboard and mouse detection turned off. But, yes, on the manage plugs in page, I had both the HS machine "green" and the remote instance "green". I turned off the HS machine.

    Now if we can get the remote instance from quitting....
    You shouldn't have the remote instance "green". Turned it off as well. It should say "Loaded Remotely" instead. And this may be the cause of it quitting.

    Comment


    • #17
      Originally posted by spud View Post
      You shouldn't have the remote instance "green". Turned it off as well. It should say "Loaded Remotely" instead. And this may be the cause of it quitting.
      Well, disabling it seems to have, well, disabled it. I.e., it's not working anymore. I've enclosed a screenshot. Just to be clear. In order to get KMS sensor to work, you have to disable it in Manage Plug-ins?

      In meantime, I'm going to re-enable the remote instance in Managed Plug-ins but keep the HS instance (which I don't want to monitor) disabled.

      Please advise.
      Attached Files

      Comment


      • #18
        Originally posted by tahl View Post
        Well, disabling it seems to have, well, disabled it. I.e., it's not working anymore. I've enclosed a screenshot. Just to be clear. In order to get KMS sensor to work, you have to disable it in Manage Plug-ins?

        In meantime, I'm going to re-enable the remote instance in Managed Plug-ins but keep the HS instance (which I don't want to monitor) disabled.
        I see how it can be confusing but yes you MUST leave it disable in "Plug-ins > Manage" page.
        When you start the run.bat on your remote computer, it starts a plugin instance that talks directly to HS3, if then you enable the same instance name from the "Plug-ins > Manage" page it creates a local instance with the same name which will mess everything up.

        So at this point, if I were you I would shut down all instances local and remote, then manually delete all KMS devices from the "Device Management" page. Then only start the run.bat on your remote computer.

        Here is a screenshot of what you should see:

        Click image for larger version

Name:	remoteinstances.png
Views:	1
Size:	45.0 KB
ID:	1193277

        Comment


        • #19
          Originally posted by spud View Post
          I see how it can be confusing but yes you MUST leave it disable in "Plug-ins > Manage" page.
          When you start the run.bat on your remote computer, it starts a plugin instance that talks directly to HS3, if then you enable the same instance name from the "Plug-ins > Manage" page it creates a local instance with the same name which will mess everything up.

          So at this point, if I were you I would shut down all instances local and remote, then manually delete all KMS devices from the "Device Management" page. Then only start the run.bat on your remote computer.

          Here is a screenshot of what you should see:

          [ATTACH]64761[/ATTACH]
          Still having problems. I followed your new instructions to the T. The remote computer has just one process for the remote KMS running. The HS has no KMS process running. The Manage Plug-ins looks just like your screenshot. And still, the remote's KMS process just randomly, quietly quits. It usually around a couple of days. See attached screenshot. I discovered it died last night and just re-ran it. Also, note on the title bar that it's running as admin.

          What's next?
          Attached Files

          Comment


          • #20
            Originally posted by tahl View Post
            Still having problems. I followed your new instructions to the T. The remote computer has just one process for the remote KMS running. The HS has no KMS process running. The Manage Plug-ins looks just like your screenshot. And still, the remote's KMS process just randomly, quietly quits. It usually around a couple of days. See attached screenshot. I discovered it died last night and just re-ran it. Also, note on the title bar that it's running as admin.

            What's next?
            I don't know what could make it quit silently like that.
            Could you check the Windows Event Viewer and see if there is any error/warning related to HSPI_KMS.exe?

            Comment


            • #21
              Originally posted by spud View Post
              I don't know what could make it quit silently like that.
              Could you check the Windows Event Viewer and see if there is any error/warning related to HSPI_KMS.exe?
              Checked the logs. There are no application, security or system events around that time. No anti-virus actions.

              Under what conditions can it normally exit? Maybe it is taking that rather than dying. Otherwise, what are next steps?

              Comment


              • #22
                Originally posted by tahl View Post
                Checked the logs. There are no application, security or system events around that time. No anti-virus actions.

                Under what conditions can it normally exit? Maybe it is taking that rather than dying. Otherwise, what are next steps?
                The only causes I know that would make the process exit is an unhandled exception or HS3 sending a message to shutdown (which is not possible for a remote instance)
                However in both cases, we would see something printed to the console, that's why it's very strange.

                In version 3.0.0.6, I have added some more code to trap unhandled exceptions, so please install and test this version.
                https://forums.homeseer.com/showthread.php?t=172552

                Comment

                Working...
                X