Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• spud
    replied
    I know it has been a long time, but I have finally implemented this feature in version 3.0.0.5 available here. If you start the main local instance running on your HS3 server, it will now monitor other remote instances.

You can select the interval at which it is checking if remote instance are still alive, see screenshot below.

You can also disable the local mouse/keyboard sensors if you don't need it.

Click image for larger version

Name:	configlocalinstance.png
Views:	2
Size:	31.2 KB
ID:	1191734

Leave a comment:

• sparkman
    replied
    Originally posted by spud View Post
    will do, but here is a simple workaround using a recurring event and the "EasyTrigger: The plugin is NOT running" condition:

this is basicvally what I'm going to implement in the KMS plugin for the main instance.
    Ok, thanks.

Leave a comment:

• spud
    replied
    Originally posted by sparkman View Post
    Hi spud, trying the plugin for the first time today and would like to see this feature as well. In my limited testing I have found that if the monitored pc is put to sleep/hibernate mode, then the corresponding hs device always shows as on. Any plans to add this in the near future?

Thanks
    Al
    will do, but here is a simple workaround using a recurring event and the "EasyTrigger: The plugin is NOT running" condition:

Click image for larger version

Name:	recurringevent.png
Views:	1
Size:	19.7 KB
ID:	1183905

this is basicvally what I'm going to implement in the KMS plugin for the main instance.

Leave a comment:

• sparkman
    replied
    Originally posted by spud View Post
    ]In a future version of KMS I may implement this kind of logic so that the main KMS instance it monitors remote instances and turn associated devices to Off when it detects that they are no longer running.
    Hi spud, trying the plugin for the first time today and would like to see this feature as well. In my limited testing I have found that if the monitored pc is put to sleep/hibernate mode, then the corresponding hs device always shows as on. Any plans to add this in the near future?

Thanks
    Al

Leave a comment:

• Kaje
    replied
    Disabled KMS on the HS machine and rebooted HS3.

Remote Plug-Ins now show the remote KMS.

I will flag it as a HS3 bug.

thx,
    Ken J.

Leave a comment:

• spud
    replied
    Looks like if the main instance is running (the one running on your HS3 server) the remote instances do not appear in the the Remote plug-ins section. It''s a bug in HS3.

If you don't use the Keyboard and Mouse sensor on your HS3 machine you don't need to start the main instance.

I don't see the warning in the logs though. Try to completely restart HS3 and then only start the remote instance.

Leave a comment:

• Kaje
    replied
    And I get the same with IE 11 and FireFox.

Page refreshed, HS3 machine rebooted, etc.

Again when I was using 3.0.0.1 the Remote Plug-Ins popped in under the Remote Plug-Ins banner and associated with KMS instances in the Plug-in section.

Ken J.

Leave a comment:

• Kaje
    replied
    Spud,
    Since I'm on a roll...
    The other thing that I see is when the Remote KMS PCs go offline I get a:
    Nov-07 18:36:19 Warning Cannot access remote plugin KMS
    Every 30 seconds...and does not appear to have a time out. Is it supposed to do that? Anyway to stop that?

Obviously I'm trying monitor my Wife's laptop and she is consistently inconsistent in her up and down times...and the log file will fill rapidly with those warnings.

Ken J.

Leave a comment:

• Kaje
    replied
    Spud,
    Attached as requested.

Note the 'Remote Plug-Ins' banner at the bottom with nothing below it. If the remote KMS machines are off then the banner goes away.

And also of note the Plug-Ins pull down 'fluctuates'. For instance, on a HS reboot I see the KMS Plug In along with the option for 'Guide' and 'Forum'...somewhere along the line those options disappeared even though the Plug Ins page shows the KMS Plug in OK. Then when the Dell Laptop connected I see the 'Config - DellLaptop' but no other KMS options.

Ken J.
    Last edited by Kaje; November 8, 2015, 04:35 PM.

Leave a comment:

• spud
    replied
    Originally posted by Kaje View Post
    Well my setup is not working correctly then. At the bottom of the Plug-in page if a remote KMS computer is up and running it shows the Remote Plug-Ins banner but nothing below it. When a remote KMS computer is offline then it the Remote Plug-Ins banner goes away.

Nothing happens with the duplicate KMS on the Installed Plug-ins list (doesn't show the remote connection like I had before under 3.0.0.1).

Any suggestions on what I should do?
    this is not something controlled at the plugin level
    have you tried to refresh the page? what browser are you using?
    can you post a screenshot.

Leave a comment:

• Kaje
    replied
    Well my setup is not working correctly then. At the bottom of the Plug-in page if a remote KMS computer is up and running it shows the Remote Plug-Ins banner but nothing below it. When a remote KMS computer is offline then it the Remote Plug-Ins banner goes away.

Nothing happens with the duplicate KMS on the Installed Plug-ins list (doesn't show the remote connection like I had before under 3.0.0.1).

Any suggestions on what I should do?

With regards to 3, understood. I figured that maybe KMS would have some time out where when it didn't hear from the plug-in it would go to the Off state. But I will just set up an event with UltraMon when the computer goes troubled or offline to change the KMS device to Off.

Ken J.

Leave a comment:

• spud
    replied
    Originally posted by Kaje View Post
    Spud,
    Thanks for the quick reply and sorry I didn't see that in other threads.

Updated and am now getting additional devices like I think I should...but I have additional questions:
    1. On the Plug-Ins page how many KMS Plug-Ins should I have? One for each computer?

2. Should I be seeing 'Remote Plug-ins' like I did under 3.0.0.1? Because I'm not.

3. If the KMS device is showing activity when the machine is shutdown shouldn't the device turn to off? Because my devices do not turn off until the laptop is turned back on.

Thanks,
    Ken J.
    1 and 2. In the "Remote plug-ins" section you should see one line for each remote instance running.
    In the "Installed plug-ins" section you should see one line for the main instance plugin, and one line for each instance you created manually using the ''+" button, if one of this instance name match a remote instance it should say "Loaded remotely". I don't think it changes anything if you create those remote instances or not, as long as the running instances appears in the "Remote plug-ins" section

3. well, yes this is a problem. It''s because there is no way for a console program like this plugin to detect when it'' s being closed, so a remote instance cannot tell HS3 to set the device to Off when it's being closed.

One possible workaround is to add the "EasyTrigger: This plugin is running" condition, wherever you use the KMS device, for example instead of

Code:
    IF trigger
    AND IF KMS device is ON
    THEN ....
    you would do

Code:
    IF trigger
    AND IF KMS device is ON
    AND IF KMS:instance is running
    THEN ...
    In a future version of KMS I may implement this kind of logic so that the main KMS instance it monitors remote instances and turn associated devices to Off when it detects that they are no longer running.

Leave a comment:

• Kaje
    replied
    Spud,
    Thanks for the quick reply and sorry I didn't see that in other threads.

Updated and am now getting additional devices like I think I should...but I have additional questions:
    1. On the Plug-Ins page how many KMS Plug-Ins should I have? One for each computer?

2. Should I be seeing 'Remote Plug-ins' like I did under 3.0.0.1? Because I'm not.

3. If the KMS device is showing activity when the machine is shutdown shouldn't the device turn to off? Because my devices do not turn off until the laptop is turned back on.

Thanks,
    Ken J.

Leave a comment:

• spud
    replied
    you're not doing anything wrong, it's a bug.

I fixed it in version 3.0.0.2 available here

thank you for reporting

Leave a comment:

• Kaje
    started a topic Understanding KMS

Understanding KMS

Spud,
    Doing my migration over to HS3 and implementing your KMS plug-in. This is a spanking new clean setup.

I'm having issues installing it correctly:
    a. I initialized KMS from the Plug-Ins page and it created a KMS device associated with HomeSeer PC instance. That device turns on/off as expected with the mouse keyboard strokes of the HomeSeer PC.

b. I installed the KMS per your instructions on another machine...Laptop. It does NOT create another device. And it now turns on/off the KMS device that was associated with the HomeSeer instance above along with the HomeSeer PC keyboard mouse interactions.

c. For every additional machine I install this happens where they all control the one device.

d. In the Plug-Ins when I mouse over 'KMS' it shows a 'Config' option for each machine but the config page is just the 'General Settings'

e. I create another KMS instance (the + on the Plug-Ins page) and label it to match the remote machine and no joy on creating another device.

f. I disable all instances of the KMS plug-ins...reboot HS and then restart the remote machines I get a "Loaded Remotely" in the plug-in plus the Remote Plug-Ins below light up. But again NO new devices are present and they all turn on/off the original device that was created.

What am I doing wrong?

Ken J.

HomeSeer Version: HS3 Pro Edition 3.0.0.208
    Operating System: Microsoft Windows 7 Professional - Work Station
    System Uptime: 0 Days 0 Hours 15 Minutes 30 Seconds
    IP Address: 192.168.0.179
    Number of Devices: 546
    Number of Events: 81

Enabled Plug-Ins
    3.0.0.29: ADIO-100
    2.0.63.0: BLStat
    2.0.17.0: BLUPS