X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Life360 PI Release Notes

Release Notes:
    • v1.2.0.0
      -- The stored password in the configuration file is now encrypted. Existing users will need to go into Configuration and re-enter your password.
    Last edited by simplextech; June 27, 2018, 11:37 AM.

John, getting this error after updating to 1.2.0.0 and re-enabling. PI is stuck at INFO: Plugin start is pending.
    Attached Files
    -Wade

Comment

Originally posted by cc4005 View Post
      John, getting this error after updating to 1.2.0.0 and re-enabling. PI is stuck at INFO: Plugin start is pending.
      I deleted my username and pw from the ini file and restarted the plugin. Then I was able to access the config page. Entered credentials again and PI still stuck on start pending although it's not throwing any more errors into the log. I disabled and re-enabled a couple times. No change.
      -Wade

Comment

Changed my password to eliminate "special characters" and that solved it. Can you fix the PI to handle any password acceptable to Life360?
        -Wade

Comment

Originally posted by cc4005 View Post
          Changed my password to eliminate "special characters" and that solved it. Can you fix the PI to handle any password acceptable to Life360?
          I'll do another round of testing with different passwords but I use special characters as well and I use the same function for the Vera plugin and it works without problems.

I'm using the HS encryption routine and then just Base64 encoding that to save it to the INI file. If I can't find anything with testing the only alternative would be to remove the encryption.

I re-read the error and I see those when a PI has issues and it usually leads to PI's not loading anymore and HS having to be restarted. I'm not sure why HS3 doesn't recover.

Comment

I believe I am having the same issue with my password. It is about 25 characters long with some special characters. I am getting the login error with a known good password.

Any chance you can release changes like this to the Beta channel before going to production with them? I don't mind paying for this plugin but I would appreciate that it would be stable in the production channel.

Comment

Originally posted by CyberRad View Post
              I believe I am having the same issue with my password. It is about 25 characters long with some special characters. I am getting the login error with a known good password.

Any chance you can release changes like this to the Beta channel before going to production with them? I don't mind paying for this plugin but I would appreciate that it would be stable in the production channel.
              Beta/Production release. Yes I understand. I was not informed it was moved out of beta when I posted this release and I did test for a few days before releasing.

You said you think you're having the same issue. What are the errors in your logs? If there's connection errors then it may be the password item. Can you post your log?

Comment

Password Testing

I have gone through and changed my password multiple times using very long passwords with some being a lot of special characters to also using a password that is very long and almost ALL special characters.

In each password change there were threefindings.

1. The password worked
                2. Initial use failed because the PI is not updating internal variables of the password.
                3. If using Chrome and using Chrome to save the password it does not always save the password correctly. I had a problem with one of the long mostly special character passwords that I "saved" to make it easier to change my password again and when trying to use it Life360 gave an error on their website.

I'm investigating the internal variable not being reset as it should be. Until then if you have any errors of this: (shortened)

Code:
                System.NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object.
                Restart the PI to reload the INI file with the updated password.

Comment

I had the following before clearing out the username and password out of the ini file:
                  Code:
                  Initializing plug-in(2): Life360 Instance::The input is not a valid Base-64 string as it contains a non-base 64 character, more than two padding characters, or an illegal character among the padding characters. STACK: Server stack trace: Exception rethrown at [0]: at System.Runtime.Remoting.Proxies.RealProxy.HandleReturnMessage(IMessage reqMsg, IMessage retMsg) at System.Runtime.Remoting.Proxies.RealProxy.PrivateInvoke(MessageData& msgData, Int32 type) at HomeSeerAPI.IPlugInAPI.InitIO(String port) at Scheduler.clsHSPI.CheckInterfaces()
                  I had to manually stop the exe during this error.

After clearing them out and restarting the plugin a few times I ended up with:

Code:
                  Jun-28 08:06:30	 	Life360 ERROR	Removal of Places from HS3 Failed System.NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object. at HSPI_Life360.CurrentPlugin.RemoveLife360Place() at HSPI_Life360.CurrentPlugin.BuildPlacesDictionary()
                  Jun-28 08:06:30	 	Life360 ERROR	Failed Adding Keys to Places DictionarySystem.NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object. at HSPI_Life360.CurrentPlugin.BuildPlacesDictionary()
                  Jun-28 08:06:00	 	Life360 ERROR	Removal of Places from HS3 Failed System.NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object. at HSPI_Life360.CurrentPlugin.RemoveLife360Place() at HSPI_Life360.CurrentPlugin.BuildPlacesDictionary()
                  Jun-28 08:06:00	 	Life360 ERROR	Failed Adding Keys to Places DictionarySystem.NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object. at HSPI_Life360.CurrentPlugin.BuildPlacesDictionary()
                  Jun-28 08:03:00	 	Life360 ERROR	Removal of Places from HS3 Failed System.NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object. at HSPI_Life360.CurrentPlugin.RemoveLife360Place() at HSPI_Life360.CurrentPlugin.BuildPlacesDictionary()
                  Jun-28 08:03:00	 	Life360 ERROR	Failed Adding Keys to Places DictionarySystem.NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object. at HSPI_Life360.CurrentPlugin.BuildPlacesDictionary()
                  Jun-28 08:02:30	 	Life360 ERROR	Removal of Places from HS3 Failed System.NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object. at HSPI_Life360.CurrentPlugin.RemoveLife360Place() at HSPI_Life360.CurrentPlugin.BuildPlacesDictionary()
                  Jun-28 08:02:30	 	Life360 ERROR	Failed Adding Keys to Places DictionarySystem.NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object. at HSPI_Life360.CurrentPlugin.BuildPlacesDictionary()
                  Jun-28 07:59:30	 	Life360 ERROR	Removal of Places from HS3 Failed System.NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object. at HSPI_Life360.CurrentPlugin.RemoveLife360Place() at HSPI_Life360.CurrentPlugin.BuildPlacesDictionary()
                  Jun-28 07:59:30	 	Life360 ERROR	Failed Adding Keys to Places DictionarySystem.NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object. at HSPI_Life360.CurrentPlugin.BuildPlacesDictionary()
                  Jun-28 07:59:00	 	Life360 ERROR	Removal of Places from HS3 Failed System.NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object. at HSPI_Life360.CurrentPlugin.RemoveLife360Place() at HSPI_Life360.CurrentPlugin.BuildPlacesDictionary()
                  Jun-28 07:59:00	 	Life360 ERROR	Failed Adding Keys to Places DictionarySystem.NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object. at HSPI_Life360.CurrentPlugin.BuildPlacesDictionary()
                  Jun-28 07:56:00	 	Life360 ERROR	Removal of Places from HS3 Failed System.NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object. at HSPI_Life360.CurrentPlugin.RemoveLife360Place() at HSPI_Life360.CurrentPlugin.BuildPlacesDictionary()
                  Jun-28 07:56:00	 	Life360 ERROR	Failed Adding Keys to Places DictionarySystem.NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object. at HSPI_Life360.CurrentPlugin.BuildPlacesDictionary()
                  Jun-28 07:55:30	 	Life360 ERROR	Removal of Places from HS3 Failed System.NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object. at HSPI_Life360.CurrentPlugin.RemoveLife360Place() at HSPI_Life360.CurrentPlugin.BuildPlacesDictionary()
                  Jun-28 07:55:30	 	Life360 ERROR	Failed Adding Keys to Places DictionarySystem.NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object. at HSPI_Life360.CurrentPlugin.BuildPlacesDictionary()
                  Jun-28 07:54:56	 	Life360 ERROR	Life360 Login FailureSystem.NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object. at HSPI_Life360.CurrentPlugin.CheckAndCreateDevices()
                  Jun-28 07:54:56	 	Life360	No Life360 Devices Exist....Creating them.
                  Jun-28 07:53:00	 	Life360 ERROR	Removal of Places from HS3 Failed System.NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object. at HSPI_Life360.CurrentPlugin.RemoveLife360Place() at HSPI_Life360.CurrentPlugin.BuildPlacesDictionary()
                  Jun-28 07:53:00	 	Life360 ERROR	Failed Adding Keys to Places DictionarySystem.NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object. at HSPI_Life360.CurrentPlugin.BuildPlacesDictionary()
                  Jun-28 07:52:38	 	Life360 ERROR	Life360 Login FailureSystem.NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object. at HSPI_Life360.CurrentPlugin.CheckAndCreateDevices()
                  Jun-28 07:52:38	 	Life360	No Life360 Devices Exist....Creating them.
                  Jun-28 07:52:38	 	Life360 ERROR	Removal of Places from HS3 Failed System.NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object. at HSPI_Life360.CurrentPlugin.RemoveLife360Place() at HSPI_Life360.CurrentPlugin.BuildPlacesDictionary()
                  Jun-28 07:52:38	 	Life360 ERROR	Failed Adding Keys to Places DictionarySystem.NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object. at HSPI_Life360.CurrentPlugin.BuildPlacesDictionary()
                  Jun-28 07:50:43	 	Life360 ERROR	Life360 Login FailureSystem.NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object. at HSPI_Life360.CurrentPlugin.CheckAndCreateDevices()
                  Jun-28 07:50:43	 	Life360	No Life360 Devices Exist....Creating them.
                  Jun-28 07:50:43	 	Life360 ERROR	Removal of Places from HS3 Failed System.NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object. at HSPI_Life360.CurrentPlugin.RemoveLife360Place() at HSPI_Life360.CurrentPlugin.BuildPlacesDictionary()
                  Jun-28 07:50:43	 	Life360 ERROR	Failed Adding Keys to Places DictionarySystem.NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object. at HSPI_Life360.CurrentPlugin.BuildPlacesDictionary()
                  Jun-28 07:50:30	 	Life360 ERROR	Removal of Places from HS3 Failed System.NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object. at HSPI_Life360.CurrentPlugin.RemoveLife360Place() at HSPI_Life360.CurrentPlugin.BuildPlacesDictionary()
                  Jun-28 07:50:30	 	Life360 ERROR	Failed Adding Keys to Places DictionarySystem.NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object. at HSPI_Life360.CurrentPlugin.BuildPlacesDictionary()
                  Jun-28 07:49:59	 	Life360 ERROR	Life360 Login FailureSystem.NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object. at HSPI_Life360.CurrentPlugin.CheckAndCreateDevices()
                  Jun-28 07:49:59	 	Life360	No Life360 Devices Exist....Creating them.
                  Jun-28 07:49:21	 	Life360 ERROR	Life360 Login FailureSystem.NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object. at HSPI_Life360.CurrentPlugin.CheckAndCreateDevices()
                  Jun-28 07:49:21	 	Life360	No Life360 Devices Exist....Creating them.
                  Jun-28 07:48:30	 	Life360 ERROR	Removal of Places from HS3 Failed System.NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object. at HSPI_Life360.CurrentPlugin.RemoveLife360Place() at HSPI_Life360.CurrentPlugin.BuildPlacesDictionary()
                  Jun-28 07:48:30	 	Life360 ERROR	Failed Adding Keys to Places DictionarySystem.NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object. at HSPI_Life360.CurrentPlugin.BuildPlacesDictionary()
                  Jun-28 07:48:29	 	Starting Plug-In	Plugin Life360 started successfully in 234 milliseconds
                  Jun-28 07:48:29	 	Life360	Initializing done! Ready...
                  Jun-28 07:48:29	 	Life360 Warning	Life360 Username/Password is not setup. Enter Username/Password on Configuration Page
                  After this I just turned off the plugin and worked on something else. When I saw your post, around 14:30, I started the plugin and it did what it normally did and created all of the devices. No change to the account credentials were needed.

Comment

Originally posted by CyberRad View Post
                    I had the following before clearing out the username and password out of the ini file:
                    Code:
                    Initializing plug-in(2): Life360 Instance::The input is not a valid Base-64 string as it contains a non-base 64 character, more than two padding characters, or an illegal character among the padding characters. STACK: Server stack trace: Exception rethrown at [0]: at System.Runtime.Remoting.Proxies.RealProxy.HandleReturnMessage(IMessage reqMsg, IMessage retMsg) at System.Runtime.Remoting.Proxies.RealProxy.PrivateInvoke(MessageData& msgData, Int32 type) at HomeSeerAPI.IPlugInAPI.InitIO(String port) at Scheduler.clsHSPI.CheckInterfaces()
                    I had to manually stop the exe during this error.

After clearing them out and restarting the plugin a few times I ended up with:

After this I just turned off the plugin and worked on something else. When I saw your post, around 14:30, I started the plugin and it did what it normally did and created all of the devices. No change to the account credentials were needed.
                    The above error about the Remoting.Proxies.... What version of HS are you running?

Comment

Originally posted by jeubanks View Post
                      The above error about the Remoting.Proxies.... What version of HS are you running?

Comment

Working...
                      X