Life360 PI Feature Requests

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Life360 PI Feature Requests

Please use this thread for making feature requests.

At the moment the current future plans are to include
    • Multiple Circle Support

Is there a way to get a static map image for use with the Imperihome plug-in?

Comment

Originally posted by ajgyomber View Post
      Is there a way to get a static map image for use with the Imperihome plug-in?
      I don't use ImperiHome so I'm not familar with how it works or offers. If you can provide more detail/information then maybe. Currently there is a device option for a Link to the map. Can ImperiHome use that to load the Map? Does the current Google Map device not work with ImperiHome?

Comment

I was just hoping you could make a static map image option for each user. We could use that as a tile in the Imperihome app. I tried using the dynamic map with no luck.

Comment

I was just hoping you could make a static map image option for each user. We could use that as a tile in the Imperihome app. I tried using the dynamic map with no luck.
          As a Link or as an optional device with the image in the display? Do you want a device that has the image or the image generated on the HS3 server that you can reference or a remote URL that has the image?

Comment

Originally posted by Simplex Technology View Post

As a Link or as an optional device with the image in the display? Do you want a device that has the image or the image generated on the HS3 server that you can reference or a remote URL that has the image?
            I just did some testing and the Imperihome app lets me create a tile that goes to a URL which would be great for making the tile clickable to go to the actual Google map. I'd also love an image preferably that doesn't require authentication to access. It would also be great if I could define the dimensions and possibly some theme options.

I know I'm not asking for much. I think this would make it very easy to integrate the location information into any interface someone may be using. Something like this (although it doesn't appear to be working):

http://www.mapseasy.com/google-maps-...-generator.php

Thanks,
            AJ

Comment

I just did some testing and the Imperihome app lets me create a tile that goes to a URL which would be great for making the tile clickable to go to the actual Google map.
              There's already a URL that is generated, not sure if that's useful in an Imperhome tile or not. I'll look into adding the static image into an update.

I'd also love an image preferably that doesn't require authentication to access.
              What do you mean doesn't require authentication? Authentication to/from what for the image?

It would also be great if I could define the dimensions and possibly some theme options.

I know I'm not asking for much. I think this would make it very easy to integrate the location information into any interface someone may be using. Something like this (although it doesn't appear to be working):

Thanks,
              AJ
              I will not be adding any kind of "Theme" options. The information and URL is presented as well as all the data needed to custom script a "Theme". I like the idea, but with "Themes" that's based on opinions of taste and can't please everyone. It's better to provide the data and then you can "Theme" it however you choose.

Comment

I just did some testing and the Imperihome app lets me create a tile that goes to a URL which would be great for making the tile clickable to go to the actual Google map. I'd also love an image preferably that doesn't require authentication to access. It would also be great if I could define the dimensions and possibly some theme options.

Thanks,
                AJ
                There will be a new release in the Beta section of the updater soon. This will have a configuration option for adding your Google Maps API key and a Google Map Static Image check box for the device. This will generate a LINK to the static image.

Comment

There will be a new release in the Beta section of the updater soon. This will have a configuration option for adding your Google Maps API key and a Google Map Static Image check box for the device. This will generate a LINK to the static image.
                  That's awesome. Thank you very much. I'll let you know how I make out.

Comment

Let me know how things are working and if size or something needs adjusting for ImperiHome. What size screen are you using?

Comment

Let me know how things are working and if size or something needs adjusting for ImperiHome. What size screen are you using?
                      I am using Fire HD8 tablets (8" inch screens) mounted in a Vidabox enclosure. They look really nice and are very quick to remove if you need to do something with them.

Comment

That's awesome. Thank you very much. I'll let you know how I make out.
                        ajgyomber,

Just wondering if you got this working. Like you, I want to have a tile with the static map, then have it clickable to the google map site. Did you managed to make it work? If so, how?

Thanks

Comment

Is it possible to report how long you have been at a location?

I could see a use for this to determine for kids/teens - If more than 2 hours, send notification to come home. ETC

I could also use this to solve passing by locations - if at location more than 2 minutes - open garage, send notification, arm house, etc

I can make timers to accomplish it but feel it could be useful built in

Comment

Any thought on the ability to implement this?

Been avoiding making a bunch of timers if this could be included in the plug in.

Comment

It's a good idea but already possible by using existing timers. I have a full rewrite planned for the plugin soon to incorporate additional Life360 features. I will consider the timers however I have mixed feelings on this as it's not a Life360 function/feature and it exists outside of the plugin already and I don't like duplicating existing functionality. I will think on this but I won't promise it will be included.

Comment

Working...
                              X